How do you reset the "Maintenance Req...
julio

Simpsonville, SC

#263 Aug 1, 2011
I have maitenance require light on and i look on the book and it said after 122.000 miles need to reset and i read the second message on ho to reset and it work as good on my 2005 hondaaccord Hy good advise thank julio
Bill

Inver Grove Heights, MN

#264 Aug 3, 2011
EdMing wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Turn they key to the II position
2) Turn the key to the off position, and push and hold in the odometer reset button
3) Turn they key back to the II position, while still holding the button.
4) After about 10-15 seconds, the light should go off.
This worked for my 2005 Accord Coupe SE. THANKS
RAJ PATEL

Perth Amboy, NJ

#265 Aug 3, 2011
Thanks a lot for assisting mt to get rid off maintenance riquired light for my HONDA CR-V 2003.
Benny

Sacramento, CA

#266 Aug 6, 2011
Hey there. Thanks a lot...And yes, this works for ALL hondas. No matter what model it is!!!
Corrina

Northville, MI

#267 Aug 12, 2011
EdMing wrote:
<quoted text>
2) Turn the key to the off position, and push and hold in the odometer reset button
This worked on a 2001 Honda accord too...thanks!
Paul

Rochester, IN

#268 Aug 20, 2011
Thanks! cleared it up on an 05 Accord!
skaiser

Big Flats, NY

#269 Aug 28, 2011
rican28 wrote:
<quoted text>
I tried it on my 2005 accord. held the odometer button down,turned it to the on #2 held it down for 15 seconds,then shut it off while still holding the button down. then turned it back on, and it worked like a charm. Stay away from the dealers that charge upwards to 100 dollars. but also make sure your cars oil is changed and a tune up is done. I keep up with everything, love my v6 coupe. thanks
Thanks! It worked on my 2005 Accord. I had tried the other
sequence that worked for most Accords but not mine. This one
worked, as you say, like a charm.
Dave

Rome, NY

#270 Aug 29, 2011
EdMing wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for this great advice- nothing like saving money doing something yourself! This worked perfectly- first try- on my 2001 Accord. I hope I can return the favor and help someone out like this.
Krunal

Goshen, IN

#271 Sep 11, 2011
This worked GREAT for the 2004 Honda Accord LX I had thank you VERY MUCH!!
el bandolero

Webster, MA

#272 Sep 15, 2011
thank you for you help i aprecered this place here realy works. thanks again
nkh

United States

#273 Sep 20, 2011
EdMing wrote:
<quoted text>
This also works for my 2005 Honda Accord
campbell

Tampa, FL

#274 Sep 23, 2011
could someone please tell me how to re-set the service light on a 2001 honda accord.

thanks.
mike

Calgary, Canada

#275 Sep 23, 2011
hi guys my radiator fan keeps running even the ac or the heater is not in use.. is that normal??
ken c

United States

#276 Sep 27, 2011
Work for my 2003 Honda accord ex thanks a lot
Rammy dread

United States

#277 Oct 6, 2011
Wow thanks I got an 01 civic and it worked fine. Been tryin to get it off for my crazy girl lol
Wild willy

Rowlett, TX

#278 Oct 12, 2011
Yep. Just did it to a 2004 Honda CR-V. Worked.
Awesome.
Denny

Toronto, Canada

#279 Oct 18, 2011
Thanks, that was easy for my 2004 Honda accord. These days u can find anything on d Internet :-)
westom

Silverdale, PA

#280 Oct 30, 2011
Natania wrote:
I can't figure out how to take off the SRS light though.
On other Accords, a Service Check Connector (SCS is a connector with a wire loop) can be used. It is the only way I know of clearing an SRS error. First you must record the error number before clearing it.

1)Turn the ignition switch off for ten seconds. Then connect the SCS to a mating Service Check Connector hanging somewhere under the dash board. Some are located under the glove box. Others above the driver's left knew.

2) Turn on the ignition switch (but do not start the engine). After six seconds, a light flashes for 2 seconds. Then that light will flash a major and minor error code. One second flashes are counted for the major code. Half second flashes are counted for the minor code. Multiple code numbers may be displayed.

3) Turn off ignition switch and remove the SCS connector. Wait ten seconds. Then reconnect the SCS connector.

4) Turn the ignition switch on. Six seconds later, the SRS light flashes for two seconds. Then in less than four seconds, remove the SCS connector. The SRS light glows. In less than four seconds, reconnect the SCS connector. The light extinguishes. In less than four seconds, remove that SCS connector.

5) The SRS light flashes twice to indicate the error code(s) has been remove.

I obtained an SCS connector by searching for the Part Number 07PAZ-001010A.
Israel fro

Los Angeles, CA

#281 Nov 5, 2011
jack wrote:
<quoted text>
its just a simple fuse replacement, if you are not sure on what to do,Mike from Middletown, NJ is right. have the dealer check it
Do you know where is the fuse located or what fuse it is? I recently Purchased a2002 honda accord from a private seller and the SRS light is on. The seller did not know why it came on. Thanks
Israel

Los Angeles, CA

#282 Nov 5, 2011
My "maint reqrd" light turned off following the advice given on this site! I have a 2002 honda accord(which i love) thank you very much!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honda Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Honda Pilot Owners: Problems & Solutions (Feb '06) Aug 7 Mike 220 1,994
Honda Pilot battery problem (Nov '06) Aug 3 SoonExHondaOwner 98
News Michelin, Honda to Pay Out After PAX Run-Flat T... (Aug '09) Aug 3 dondon 82
News 2018 Honda Odyssey Long-Term Test: Big H's New ... Jul 29 Jean-Luc Picard 1
What does 1 -370 code mean on a 2007 honda accord Jul '17 Chris44092 1
News 2017 Toyota Sienna, Tested in Depth: Today's Fa... Jul '17 Jeeper 1
maint. light flashes 10 times, goes off (2002 H... (Aug '06) Jun '17 liner 29
More from around the web