Car Satellite Navigation DVD

Posted in the Honda Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Chris

London, UK

#1 May 17, 2006
I Have just purchased a Honda CR-V, the sat nav was working fine but when I took the dvd out for thre first time and put it back in, I get the error emssage 'Dvd Disk reading error'.
How do I over come this?
Phil Page

UK

#2 Sep 4, 2006
I've has a cr-v for 8 months and the sat nav was working fine. Suddenly for no reason ( never taken the disc out) it reads 'disc error'. Have cleaned the disc and the player but no joy, so any info regarding this problem would be useful.
Bruno

Holywell, UK

#3 Sep 14, 2006
I have also removed the disk by mestake and have now got the disk reading error message and I have tried to clean the disk and player but to no avail. Any help would be grateful.
Jaynieb

Blackpool, UK

#5 Jan 10, 2007
I should say the warranty is up on the car now thats why we haven't gone back to them again!
Jaynieb

Blackpool, UK

#4 Jan 10, 2007
We are also having this issue - we've had it before and returned to Honda who so called 'rebooted the computer'- was this just a fob off as I would have expected a reboot each time the system starts up! If this isn't the case does anyone know how to reboot the system?

Jayne
Victor

London, UK

#6 Jan 11, 2007
I have a 2002 CRV. Same problem experienced when the DVD was removed - "DVD Disc Reading Error". On my car, if you press the menu button and zoom down button at the same time, the system diagnostic menue comes up. After some self checks, you will come up wit a screen where one of the choice is "clear backup". If you chose this, a message will appear that this will clear the SRAM (memory) and reset the system. Press OK and it will ask you for the language - chose UK English and hopefully it will then reset your system. I have done this successfully once.

V
Victor

London, UK

#7 Jan 11, 2007
DVD Disc Redaing error appears to be a common oroblem with the Honda CR-V. My car is a 2002 model. I took the disc out by mistake. When the DVD eas re inserted it throws out the error message. The Dealership tried to re set the system to no avail though I did see the procedure. It also said that reset should be carried out in a open area. Press the menu and zoom down buttons at the same time. This will then throw up a series of self check screens. Whe you come to the diagnostic check, press on the "clear backup" and it will tell you that the system will be reset. Next it will ask you the language and all being OK the system will reset itself. This has worked once for me. Good Luck!
Steve

France

#8 Jan 17, 2007
I took my DVD out to see what version it was and then had this error when I restarted the GPS. I stopped the motor and then restarted it and the message went away.
Glen

UK

#9 Mar 25, 2007
I have just got a mondeo tdci the sat nav in it came with no instructions were can i download what i need...........
MashruTanu

Ceriano Laghetto, Italy

#10 Jun 17, 2007
I've got an Honda civic typeR and one time I took out the DVD and once I put it again inside I had the "error reading the DVD".
The guarantee is out of time and Honda asked me to buy a new navigator for 3.000 €. The upsaid procedure has been done but it doesn't works.
If anyone can help me, I thank him a lot
Abir

Doncaster, UK

#11 Jul 31, 2007
I am shocked so many others have also experienced he same problem. When buying the car, we were actually told by Honda that if you took out the navigation dvd, you would need to bring it back to us to reset it. Unfortunately, one day, instead of pressing the cd button, the dvd button was pressed. Now we have the error Took it to a Honday dealer and they say it should never do that. The disc did have scratches on the back though, I am wodering if anyone else has experienced scratches (it may be the read mechanism that is not working properly). They said to buy the lates navigation dvd for £190. I couldn't believe it!
Greg

Budapest, Hungary

#12 Aug 1, 2007
Is it possible to play normal DVDs on the sat nav system of the CRV?

Has anyone tried this?
bob

UK

#13 Aug 6, 2007
no tried it trying to get satnav to work and no it didnt help the sat nav either what happens when you put sat disc in computer
Waqas Zaigham

Tokyo, Japan

#14 Aug 7, 2007
Hi
I am in Pakistan I have bought Honda Accord model 2004 CL9 I lost my navigation dvd. can anyone guide me where to get that dvd and also how to use it in Pakistan.
Waqas Zaigham

Tokyo, Japan

#15 Aug 7, 2007
hi i bought HondaAccord 2004 CL9 i lost its navigation dvd can anyone tell where to get it and how to use navigation in Pakisstan.
Sadie - Bristol England

Bristol, UK

#16 Aug 14, 2007
Have same problem with mine. Have done what a couple of you have suggested with menu, zoom ect twice but still reads an error. Any other ideas? Was never told not to take the disc out by garage I bought car from !!
Markyboy

Glenrothes, UK

#17 Aug 15, 2007
I have the same problem. The error message reads "DVD Disk Is Reading An Error". I cannot get into audio mods to view the radio stations or anyrhing. All I get is the start-up warning screen with the error message over the top in a white box.
I tried a DVD head cleaning disk and have re-booted the system twice but neither of these have worked. I have now ordered a back-up DVD in the hope that this will resolve the problem.
kayamenrock

London, UK

#18 Sep 3, 2007
Mine is a 2002 CRV and recently the error message appeared on the screen, and I have been unable to have other functions appear on the screen. I'm interested in a replacement disc, as problems may not be unconnected with accidental scratches on my disc. Will a replacement disc work, and what is the best price to pay for it? Your advice will be highly apprecaited. Thanks.
carol

North Arlington, NJ

#19 Sep 5, 2007
Sadie - Bristol England wrote:
Have same problem with mine. Have done what a couple of you have suggested with menu, zoom ect twice but still reads an error. Any other ideas? Was never told not to take the disc out by garage I bought car from !!

not on this subject - do you have two akita's? noticed your name and have lost contact through an akita club when your email changed. [email protected]
Arif Chohan

Pakistan

#21 Sep 22, 2007
if u have the jap model then the navigation will not work outside of japan in the uk there is pal ntsc difference so dvd will not work you can however add a dvd changer to the screen
as for the cd it is available from various places
for 20 pounds the cd has to be inserted for it to work but the navigation is useless outside of japan. this error normally occurs after taking the battery terminal off..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honda Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Honda Pilot Owners: Problems & Solutions (Feb '06) Sep 18 E Smith 1,969
Honda CRV Sat Nav Disc Missing (Jul '06) Sep 16 brushand 251
Buy The Nike Air Max 2017 Shoes for Sale www.Jo... Sep 11 jordan11gs 1
Wheel bearing seal structure analysis of domest... Sep 11 Andybaby 1
News Michelin, Honda to Pay Out After PAX Run-Flat T... (Aug '09) Sep 10 liner 81
Honda Pilot battery problem (Nov '06) Sep 10 liner 91
News Dodge Caliber-- up with the best in the crowded... (Jul '06) Sep 4 mopar hater 5
More from around the web