Removing CRV Instrument Console

Removing CRV Instrument Console

Posted in the Honda Forum

Technojunkie

UK

#1 Oct 22, 2007
Can anyone please tell me how to remove the speedo instrument console on a 2003 Honda CRV in order to change a bulb ?

Thankyou
BigDaveCRVtrucke r

Cade, LA

#2 Nov 27, 2007
You will need to remove the lower part of the dash underneath the steering wheel. There are two screws that will need to be removed, one inside the fuse compartment and the other in the fold out tray. Once the screws have been removed pull out towards you to remove the clips. Once the clips are out you can slide the whole thing down and away. Be sure to remove the cruise control wire harness. Then you can unclip the bezel around the gauges. Once again pull out towards you so as not to break the clips. Once that is removed you can unscrew the three screws holding in the gauges. One screw up top and two at each bottom corner. Once they are removed slide the bottom of the gauge cluster towards you so you can reach in and unhook the two wire harnesses each at the top of the cluster. Once they are removed the cluster should come free. Then simply determine which of the bulbs are burned out, replace, and then reverse the steps in which you took every thing out.
-Hope this helps

-BigDaveCRVtrucker
KKG

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Sep 15, 2012
I could not get the black bezel with Automatic Transmission shifter opening to become free. Do you know whereabouts are the clips at? Is there any place a diagram or picture might be available? Thanks for your help. I know it has been a while since your post. I would appreciate your help very much.
BigDaveCRVtrucker wrote:
You will need to remove the lower part of the dash underneath the steering wheel. There are two screws that will need to be removed, one inside the fuse compartment and the other in the fold out tray. Once the screws have been removed pull out towards you to remove the clips. Once the clips are out you can slide the whole thing down and away. Be sure to remove the cruise control wire harness. Then you can unclip the bezel around the gauges. Once again pull out towards you so as not to break the clips. Once that is removed you can unscrew the three screws holding in the gauges. One screw up top and two at each bottom corner. Once they are removed slide the bottom of the gauge cluster towards you so you can reach in and unhook the two wire harnesses each at the top of the cluster. Once they are removed the cluster should come free. Then simply determine which of the bulbs are burned out, replace, and then reverse the steps in which you took every thing out.
-Hope this helps
-BigDaveCRVtrucker

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honda Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Honda Air Compressor Problems (May '12) Jul 22 Mattiegirl 13
News Skateboarder hits vehicle in Ukiah Jul 21 Here Is One 1
News Honda Pilot Owners: Problems & Solutions (Feb '06) Jul 17 willie 1,935
News Honda CBR 650F bookings open at INR 50,000: Ind... Jul 13 Krish 1
Honda Pilot battery problem (Nov '06) Jul 7 Blake 84
Honda CRV Sat Nav Disc Missing (Jul '06) Jul 5 Andy 246
1997 HONDA CR-V rain water leak - front passeng... (Jul '07) Jun 29 billgarrity 64
More from around the web