A Luxury Motorcycle Review of the 200...

A Luxury Motorcycle Review of the 2009 BMW K1200LT

There are 2 comments on the Associated Content story from Feb 12, 2009, titled A Luxury Motorcycle Review of the 2009 BMW K1200LT. In it, Associated Content reports that:

Comparing a motorcycle like the BMW K1200LT to a luxury liner is a bit of a double-edge sword.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Associated Content.

Lynn

Salina, KS

#1 Jun 12, 2009
I ride a 2009 K120LT. It is a great bike but still top heavy. Nothing I've ridden will compare to it as a long distance touring bike.
Mark in Pittsburgh

New York, NY

#2 Jan 6, 2010
I had an '03 LT and I agree, it was rather top heavy. Why I got rid of it though was that due to the riding position, my hips used to cramp up. (Sounds strange, but it's true) Anyway, my current ride is a newer Goldwing and as nice as the LT is, it honestly can't compare to the Wing as a long distance mount. I do miss having a BMW though, and depending on the next gen LT, I'd love to get back into their camp. What bothers me still though is their ever dwindling number of dealerships. Break down in the boonies and you could be SOL. Whereas with Honda, if a town has a McDonalds...they probably have a Honda dealership. Ride safe

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honda St1300 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thinking of buying an st1300 (Mar '09) Dec '14 Dan 24
Legs are on Fire! (Aug '14) Aug '14 Matt 1
st1300 stock seat (2004) (Jun '14) Jun '14 jerry weller 1
tires (Aug '12) Aug '12 cap Kent 1
wiring for trailer (Jun '07) Oct '11 Dave 2
ST1300 brake pads (Jul '10) Jun '11 P Houle 2
Used Parts (May '07) Feb '11 looking for lower... 2
More from around the web