Honda S2000 offers a lot, but competition is gaining on it

There are 40 comments on the Bizjournals.com story from Jul 9, 2006, titled Honda S2000 offers a lot, but competition is gaining on it. In it, Bizjournals.com reports that:

Honda has given its S2000 roadster, now in its sixth year with basically the same design, a handful of performance and interior changes for 2006.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bizjournals.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Gm Owner

Fresno, CA

#1 Jul 16, 2006
It is gratifying to see the hard numbers of compliants on the s2000 Honda roadster. This honda and the passport and oddeysee where 3 Honda models that intellichoice won't tell you about: they were on the governments 2006 Lemon Law list of top 20 most complaints. I am sick of you stupid Honda owners who own junk and think it walks on water like Jesus. By the way your Civic has a recall out on the gas pedal. My Gm car 2005 has 40000 miles with no problems. Quit thinking you are about facts and research ..we are watching these Asian cars like hawks. I am telling everyone what JUNK you have and LIARS you are.
Lawrence

Darien, IL

#2 Jul 18, 2006
Maybe some of the problems honda is beginning to have is that lazy plant workers in the us are starting to put together these cars and as usual they futz up everthing and the unions protect them from losing their jobs. I still would rather push a honda than drive a shove it or leave it. Any day of the week gm sucks now and has for many years.
Avi

UK

#3 Jul 18, 2006
Learn to spell the word "COMPLAINT" first, before you embarrass yourself further
Honda owner

United States

#4 Jul 19, 2006
GM what a joke, thats why you guys giving these Gm cars for 0 apr for 6 yrs, and still hurting.'GM SUCKS'.
blaze

Macon, GA

#6 Jul 20, 2006
you are so clueless only if you did a little bit of research, my guess is you have probably dropped out of school or maybe you never even made it in. Gm should be the least of cars you should dare compare to honda, I work for both a gm and honda delearship as a tech and you have no idea about the products you even speak about, you need some real schooling. You know, is it really even worth it responding to you? probably not. You just need to do some more thinking and get some stats before u jump into conclusions, don't forget all this products are still just machines but when u compare all the products gm manufactures and place by all the ones honda manufactures there just isn't any comparision. is it the cobalt you're talking about or the malibu or the cavalier or the aveo or the astro or impala those things are built cheaper than anything i have ever come across and the worst part is they are still hurrible in gas mileage, overpriced and and they have really hurrible resale value what a pile of crap. I can single handedly pick out the decent cars chevy manufactures and there isn't but two or three of them and if you really know anything about cars in the first place you would know the vehicles am referring to otherwise everything else is a joke.
NYS2000

Jacksonville, NC

#7 Jul 26, 2006
Is it worth replying to this guy. Why I oughta...weird GM guy needs to do his research before talking smack. That's cool though, I respect his opinion. Maybe not the sharpest tool in the shed but please do the research.
s2k owner

Lake Mary, FL

#8 Jul 26, 2006
who is this idiot. GM on the brink of BK the only real car they build is a ZO6 resale on my s2k tells the tale
Gm Owner wrote:
It is gratifying to see the hard numbers of compliants on the s2000 Honda roadster. This honda and the passport and oddeysee where 3 Honda models that intellichoice won't tell you about: they were on the governments 2006 Lemon Law list of top 20 most complaints. I am sick of you stupid Honda owners who own junk and think it walks on water like Jesus. By the way your Civic has a recall out on the gas pedal. My Gm car 2005 has 40000 miles with no problems. Quit thinking you are about facts and research ..we are watching these Asian cars like hawks. I am telling everyone what JUNK you have and LIARS you are.
Honda Fan

Lafayette, LA

#9 Jul 27, 2006
I'm reading this and it amuses me. I own an S2000, it doesn't walk on water but I believe it to be the most comfortable car as far as track ready and streetable and that is why I bought it. As far as the plant workers in the US getting lazy, the Honda S2000 is manufactered completely in Japan and imported each year so there are no US factories making them. Also, when you resale that piece of shit GM and if I ever would make the mistake of selling my S2000, I would get 10 times the resale cause those "little Asian F&@Ks in Japan must know what their doing. Get a life you probably like 45 snooping around on the internet to bash foreign cars. Sounds like uneducated was the word.
Fred

Newark, NJ

#10 Jul 28, 2006
The reason that I do not buy GM's or For vehicles is for exactly the same reason that you cannot spell....
Gm Owner wrote:
gary

AOL

#12 Aug 9, 2006
Its fun to read the G.M. lovers and the japan Junkies, Lets face it boys I have worked for both dont have any bad thing to say. But for my money have to go with Japan there resale value is there, I have a 2006 s2k. and love it.
2red2k

Bethpage, NY

#13 Aug 11, 2006
I happily join the majority opinion here. I bought my S2K thinking it was the closest I could get to a pure sports car, and boy was I ever right. This car is not for everyone, but if you are looking for superb handling, plenty of power for the car's weight, the best gear box ever, and the overall Honda reliability and quality experience, then this is it.

GM does make a very good car for the money in the 'Vette, but all else tends to be mediocre at best.
s2000 owner

United States

#14 Aug 12, 2006
Gm Owner wrote:
You need some help. You must have a very miserable life.
zexkid

Mechanicsburg, PA

#15 Aug 16, 2006
First off I am a proud owner of a '05 sebring silver s2000. I haven't had a single problem with it and now have 20K on it. Hey "GM Owner" where are the reports of the complaints ? Please post some links to them. Do you mean the one about '06 s2000 having the highest estimated resale value after 5 years by retaining 51.7% of its original msrp? "GM Owner" we can't all be driving single cam push rod motors.
Tulooz

United States

#16 Aug 16, 2006
I road tested a 2006, metallic blue, S2000 a few months ago. Loved the care. Fantastic drive train. Easy to drive, solid, just a great vehicle. More preferable than the 'vette, Boxter, SLK, Z4 etc. If I buy another new car, that will be the one. Regrettably, I now drive too many miles to justify the expense of a new vehicle. But, talking of Honda products, I own a 1998 Acura 3.2TL (which I bought new). My first foreign car. It now has 166,000 miles and has been almost problem free. The only problem being the check engine light came on 60,000 miles ago (EGR valve, which I have not bothered to fix) and seams to have no affect on performance. The car does not burn any oil, the AC still works perfectly, In fact everything works well. The car will reach 100mph very quickly, and will exceed that apeed quickly. I would recommend Honda products to everyone. I used to own a 75 camaro LT. Definately a very solid and reliable vehicle. I put 130,000 miles on it without changing the oil very often. Sadly, GM's nowadays are not up the the same standard.
Steiner

Lenexa, KS

#17 Aug 19, 2006
Hey GM guy,

I just did a quick search an "Ask Geeves" and I stopped counting after like 1 million recalls. Over a million cars that recalls. Sweet mother of Pearl!

I guess there is a happy ending though. Total, and I mean TOTAL job security in being a GM mechanic.

Patrick
2006 Laguna Blue S200 owner
Gm rules

Modesto, CA

#18 Aug 24, 2006
GM will smoke HONDA any day my gm will smoke your s3000 any day. You rice boys dont know your history!
Honda S2k Owner

Modesto, CA

#19 Aug 24, 2006
Where in Modesto are you from cuz when I find out Ill race you and then Ill shut your mouth up so quick dont even come on here and talk bad about other race because you grew up around cross burning banchies!!
Guy

Mackenzie, Canada

#20 Aug 26, 2006
The S2000 is my favorite sports car. Too bad '07 is the last year for production.
Tulooz

United States

#21 Aug 29, 2006
Some of you guys need to calm down. We are just talking about vehicles. Whether one make is better than another does not, or should not, affect our lives, or justify very poor grammar. There are more important things going on this country.
Gerry

Orlando, FL

#22 Aug 31, 2006
I own a 93 Chevy Corvette which has been out of service for 8 months. Why? because it needs a Body Control Module and GM has these on back order.
What am I currently driving while I wait? A 1991 Honda Accord with 179,000 miles which gets me were I need to go without any problems. If the vette ever gets fixed i will trade it for a Honda s2000.

"Buy American"...... sell that to another sucker!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honda S2000 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Honda 2000 S2000 (Feb '14) Feb '14 Naomi 1
Comparing S2000 vs Porsche Boxster (Sep '06) Feb '14 kickinwing 38
News Should Honda Build a 2013 Honda Accord Converti... (Sep '12) Jan '14 Babysitter 14
S2000 Break Decals (Nov '13) Nov '13 Jim 1
News Odyssey a worthwhile trip (Jun '13) Jun '13 liner 3
need a new soft top for my s2000 (May '13) May '13 cathy 1
03 s2000 wing/spoiler (Sep '12) Sep '12 prspct007 1
More from around the web