2006 Honda Odyssey Radio problem
nick g

Wallingford, CT

#41 Feb 8, 2012
Scotty wrote:
Is there anything the IPOD adapter for the 07 Odyssee? It came out recently and the dealer is quoting $425 to install it!
Scotty
i just use a am fm transmiter...paid 5 bucks for mine and i use my ipod everyday no prob
nick g

Wallingford, CT

#42 Feb 8, 2012
i just use a fm radio transmitor...use it everday no prob on my ipod
Olinjim

Upper Marlboro, MD

#43 Feb 23, 2012
Thanks so much for the detailed post about fixing jammed CDs. I have a 2005 Touring. Followed your directions and it worked like charm. I will never put CDs with stuck on labels ( a library CD was the culprit) in the car again. Thanks for saving me big bucks. The procedure took about an hour.
James T

North Vancouver, Canada

#44 Jun 9, 2012
We've just been through the stuck CD scenario with our '06 Honda Odyssey. A library disk with a label became jammed. Initially the CD stopped playing, then the CD player and eject button couldn't be activated-or at least nothing happened when pushed. I saw a short online video on removing the radio for a MP3 adaptor.

It's not too difficult. First, the dash plate is pried off. Then remove the three screws that hold the radio in place. The radio will pull out easily- although I had to put the gear shifter to the lowest position to gain some space. Once the radio is out you can pull off the top of the cd play (no screws). The cds will be visible from the top- however you can't pull them out of the player. That's ok. You just want to re-position the top cd so that it "clicks" on the spindle that holds the cds. If your radio player still allows you to activate the cd player when you push the 'cd' button - then try ejecting the cd's.
If the player doesn't recognize the cd button you will have to reset the radio code. You can disconnect the power at the battery ( you should have done this anyway since you are working around electricity) If not - just unplug the power connection at the back of the radio. When you plug the connection back in you will be prompted to enter the code into the radio. Use the station preset buttons. Where is the radio code? This is written on a sticker inside the glove compartment (the shorter of the two numbers). If not your Honda dealer can provide this if you visit them. The code is an anti-theft deterrent. Why the put the code 12" from the radio is a mystery- I guess they are counting on only really stupid thieves. Enter the code and your radio and cd player should be working again. Push eject and hope for the best. The lesson learned is to never play CDs that have stickers or labels. I hope this helps.
Toni

Liberty, MO

#45 Jun 15, 2012
DGS thank you so much! Fixed it and you saved us $!

You were so detailed. Amazingly helpful......
Soccer_Mom

Canada

#46 Jul 2, 2012
I have an 06 Oddessey and recently my battery had to be disconnected and cleaned, once connected again my radio was calling for a code. After searching and searching the code that FINALLY worked was 45366, hope this helps someone..Now if I could figure out what is goin on with my drivers side back door! Lolol
Nancy

Manchester, NH

#47 Oct 12, 2012
EASY.EASY.EASY!!!!!!
Lost power to car.
Had only code error showing.
Had only VIN number from under windshield available.
Called Honda....1-800-999-1009
She walked me through the steps and it was fixed in 2 minutes!!!!
All I needed were my keys!
hamza

Tripoli, Libya

#48 Oct 27, 2012
plllllllllllllz i need help honda odyssey 2002 im lookin for cod radio i form libya and my car honda odyssey 2002 in libya .ididnt know any information about first owner only i have ( serial NO. 219690 ) plz anyone helpi will be very happy if you need to see more info about my car plz click herehttp://im17.gulfup.com/I2Y j1.jpg

thanx frineds for reading
liner

Brooklyn, NY

#49 Oct 28, 2012
hamza wrote:
plllllllllllllz i need help honda odyssey 2002 im lookin for cod radio i form libya and my car honda odyssey 2002 in libya .ididnt know any information about first owner only i have ( serial NO. 219690 ) plz anyone helpi will be very happy if you need to see more info about my car plz click herehttp://im17.gulfup.com/I2Y j1.jpg
thanx frineds for reading
LOL, bet that jpg file is very cute!
Chuck

AOL

#50 Nov 20, 2012
I have the same problem, but ... What about the six CD changer behind the Nav system screen on a 2005 Touring Edition Odyssey? How do I get the changer out to dislodge the jam?
Long

Anaheim, CA

#51 Dec 20, 2012
Thank You. Your detailed instructions helped me re-align a jammed CD on my 6-disk CD changer in my 2006 Honda Odyssey. Saved me time and money from taking it to the dealer who were too busy to return my calls (three times).
Scotty

Eden Prairie, MN

#52 Dec 20, 2012
A new one for our 07 Odyssey: if there is a cd in the first position of the changer it will not play the cd's in the other positions (even though they show up in the top of teh display. If there is no cd in position one, the changer will play the discs in the other slots in order as it should.

Any ideas?

The station skipping did not happen this fall so maybe after 5 years it's settled in to another problem
Pat

Saratoga Springs, NY

#53 Feb 16, 2013
3 years later this technique still worked. Thanks for the great post. CD player is back to normal. In less than an hour.
David K

Des Moines, IA

#54 Jun 30, 2013
Watched the first three minutes of the video. Took a minute to get dash panel off without any problem. Did have to put car in neutral with parking brake on to make it easier to get the panel up, but not necessary. Unplugged the three cables holding it on. Undid the three screws holding the radio in. Unplugged blue power cable in middle of back of radio. Popped top of CD player off, lift up from the back toward the front. A disc that had a sticker on it had slid out of alignment. Pushed it back into alignment. Plugged power back in to check. Entered 5 digit anti-theft code and behold everything worked. Pushed radio back in. Put in three screws. Hooked up three cables to panel. Put it back in from driver's side moving toward glove box. Took less than 20 minutes from start to finish including watching the video.
James T wrote:
We've just been through the stuck CD scenario with our '06 Honda Odyssey. A library disk with a label became jammed. Initially the CD stopped playing, then the CD player and eject button couldn't be activated-or at least nothing happened when pushed. I saw a short online video on removing the radio for a MP3 adaptor.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =EQCPCj1ZAOAXX
It's not too difficult. First, the dash plate is pried off. Then remove the three screws that hold the radio in place. The radio will pull out easily- although I had to put the gear shifter to the lowest position to gain some space. Once the radio is out you can pull off the top of the cd play (no screws). The cds will be visible from the top- however you can't pull them out of the player. That's ok. You just want to re-position the top cd so that it "clicks" on the spindle that holds the cds. If your radio player still allows you to activate the cd player when you push the 'cd' button - then try ejecting the cd's.
If the player doesn't recognize the cd button you will have to reset the radio code. You can disconnect the power at the battery ( you should have done this anyway since you are working around electricity) If not - just unplug the power connection at the back of the radio. When you plug the connection back in you will be prompted to enter the code into the radio. Use the station preset buttons. Where is the radio code? This is written on a sticker inside the glove compartment (the shorter of the two numbers). If not your Honda dealer can provide this if you visit them. The code is an anti-theft deterrent. Why the put the code 12" from the radio is a mystery- I guess they are counting on only really stupid thieves. Enter the code and your radio and cd player should be working again. Push eject and hope for the best. The lesson learned is to never play CDs that have stickers or labels. I hope this helps.
randy

United States

#55 Sep 7, 2013
Amber wrote:
Just recently my radio will lose the preset frequency. It will either bump up or down a few notches (example: preset is set for 105.7 it will jump to 105.9). It does it with all the presets. What's going on? Is there a button that was accidentally pushed? Any help would be great!
I am having the same problem, how did you fix it?
randy

United States

#56 Sep 7, 2013
I am having the same problem, how did you fix it ?
Say say

Steubenville, OH

#57 Nov 18, 2013
Our Odyssey is having the same radio problem. Someone else posted that they pulled the fuse for the radio and replaced it and that seemed to fix it. I'm going to try that.
shelley

Reynoldsburg, OH

#58 Dec 7, 2013
2005 number is 45654
liner

Brooklyn, NY

#59 Dec 7, 2013
shelley wrote:
2005 number is 45654
I believe each car has it's own number, no?
Scotty

Eden Prairie, MN

#60 Dec 9, 2013
Did not have the radio problem this year so maybe it works itself out or there's a connector that changes fit over time.
A new problem has cropped up having to do with the CD changer: depending on which CD position is loaded, some of the other positions aren't recognized or won't play. Sound familiar?
I did purchase an Ipod adapter from GTcarkits. It works great, charges the device at the same time, and no interference. At the time they only have the old style connector so if you have the new lightning connector you'll have to foot the bill for the adapter. Look them up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honda Odyssey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
honda odyssey radio code (Aug '07) Sun Santos 254
resetting radio on odyssey (Oct '06) Apr 19 Amanda 1991 98
Problem with Navigation system (Jan '09) Apr 13 Sylvia 13
Charging AC unit Apr 12 olverjr123 1
2006 Honda Odyssey Power Windows Alive? (Nov '07) Apr 11 Miguel c 27
Wanted Plus One Seat (Tan/Beige) for Odyssey 20... Apr 9 mubeen22 1
2005 honda ody power loss till restart Apr 8 Zee 1
More from around the web