Power sliding door won't close all the way

Posted in the Honda Odyssey Forum

Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Oct 20, 2011
Susan in Charlotte

Charlotte, NC

#1 Jul 25, 2006
Problem with power sliding door. On our 2000 EX Odyssey, the passenger side power sliding door closes but not quite all the way, it will not "engage", or "catch". Therefore, the van thinks the door is still open (open door light is on, buzzes continually when put into gear, and interior lights stay on). However, the power sliding door INDICATOR light is NOT on, so the van thinks the door is fine, but still open. I have to get out, walk around, and physically BUMP the rear of the door the final centimeter or so to get it flush. For some reason the back lock part isn't "catching". I've tried the #13 fuse, cleaning everything, etc. Any ideas?
angel songco

Spring, TX

#2 Jul 26, 2006
same thing happened to me, pls let me know if you find a solution to this problem. my e-mail is songco821@aol.com
thanks.
brigitte

Waynesboro, VA

#3 Jul 28, 2006
i had the same problem. the door latch probably needs replacing. the dealership 1st replaced the junction box which did not fix the problem but cost me over $200. then they replaced the latch which solved the problem. good luck.
Susan in Charlotte wrote:
Problem with power sliding door. On our 2000 EX Odyssey, the passenger side power sliding door closes but not quite all the way, it will not "engage", or "catch". Therefore, the van thinks the door is still open (open door light is on, buzzes continually when put into gear, and interior lights stay on). However, the power sliding door INDICATOR light is NOT on, so the van thinks the door is fine, but still open. I have to get out, walk around, and physically BUMP the rear of the door the final centimeter or so to get it flush. For some reason the back lock part isn't "catching". I've tried the #13 fuse, cleaning everything, etc. Any ideas?
Nick

AOL

#4 Feb 22, 2007
Same here, and mine is a '99. Rollers on both doorshad to be replaced and the passenger side motor. One door started not "catching" and I too, had to bump it closed with my hip, making a dent in the process,the spot where the internal controls are for the door itself. My brother works for Honda and said if your power door light is on the dashboard and won't go out, youve already burned out that door's motor. It just cost me over $700. to fix. I drove like this for over a year and simply turned the door switch off to shut out the noise. When the other door got stuck while I was manually working them (you should feel the pain in my shoulders)half way open, I had to get it fixed.
Debbie Canter

Columbus, OH

#5 Feb 23, 2007
I am looking to possibly buy a used Honda Odysses it is a 2001 and it has 150,000 miles on it. the doors seemed to sometimes not want to close but if I gave it a moment it would close. The dealer wants $6,100 for the car and I am not sure if that is a good deal or not. How many miles do any of you Odysses owners have on your vans?? the van looks and runs great. The van ruuns like it is new and it has a clean title I did the car fax on it. the miles is the only thing that scares me a little. though, I know it is a honda and that is the only reason I am even considering it....what do all of you think out there? If you ahve an Odysses with high miles please let me know what you think about this deal..
Jason

Bronx, NY

#6 Oct 20, 2011
Debbie Canter wrote:
I am looking to possibly buy a used Honda Odysses it is a 2001 and it has 150,000 miles on it. the doors seemed to sometimes not want to close but if I gave it a moment it would close. The dealer wants $6,100 for the car and I am not sure if that is a good deal or not. How many miles do any of you Odysses owners have on your vans?? the van looks and runs great. The van ruuns like it is new and it has a clean title I did the car fax on it. the miles is the only thing that scares me a little. though, I know it is a honda and that is the only reason I am even considering it....what do all of you think out there? If you ahve an Odysses with high miles please let me know what you think about this deal..
Check out www.rileymotors.net you might get a better deals and be sure to read their reviews

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honda Odyssey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
03 Odyssey does not start intermittently. (Jun '13) Aug 25 tory macgregor 3
The Jean Toal Parking Experience Aug 24 Corrupt SC 1
front end bumping noise/2011 odyssey Aug 23 Hilton Henson 1
Flashing 'D' light (Jun '06) Aug 23 bobbo 79
Honda defends its sales figures Aug 22 johnson njagi 1
Window Control Switch Drivers side ho7 Aug 19 mikevio 1
2006 Honda Odyssey Leaking Water (Mar '09) Aug 15 James S 90

Buy a New Car

Zipcode:
•••