Judy Martin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2006

I have been finding water on the right back side of my "pit" area in my van. Can't find source. Dried it up. It came back worse. Any ideas? Air conditioning problem? Window leak?
Laura Bramson

Warwick, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2006

Judy Martin wrote:
I have been finding water on the right back side of my "pit" area in my van. Can't find source. Dried it up. It came back worse. Any ideas? Air conditioning problem? Window leak?
Same thing happening in my 2002 Honda Odyssey. Also on the right. It seems to be related to rain, and has happened even in winter, when I don't use the air conditioning.
Lauras husband

Warwick, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2006

Judged:

I just ran across the answer on another web forum:
< http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX... @@.ee93ee8/5268>
"Re: Water leaking into cargo area [is2002] by eaglesnest
I just had a chance to take a look at our Honda last night. Just behind the passenger rear wheel, almost in alignment with the rear seat belt, is where the drain tube exits the vehicle. Ours was plugged with mud and debris. You will have no problem knowing when it is unstopped, just be prepared for quite a large amount of water."
Valerie Fox

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2006

Judy Martin wrote:
I have the same thing happening to me. Just took it to the dealer and they couldn't reproduce it. Funny, I can spray it while I'm washing the car and it will happen. It's coming from the vent. The reason I took it to the dealer was for my 75K check up and also had to replace front brakes and 2 motor mounts -$850. This week my compressor went out and I need a new belt too -$1300.
smith

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2007

How did you fix the problem?
Valerie Fox wrote:
<quoted text>
I have the same thing happening to me. Just took it to the dealer and they couldn't reproduce it. Funny, I can spray it while I'm washing the car and it will happen. It's coming from the vent. The reason I took it to the dealer was for my 75K check up and also had to replace front brakes and 2 motor mounts -$850. This week my compressor went out and I need a new belt too -$1300.
Paul Ainslie

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2007

Wow - very helpful! I found the drain hole behind the passenger rear wheel, poked a screw driver into the muddied hold, and water gushed out for half a minute! This has been going on for years now!
Hiroshi

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2007

Can you tell me exactly where it is? Is it in the rear wheel well?
Paul Ainslie wrote:
Wow - very helpful! I found the drain hole behind the passenger rear wheel, poked a screw driver into the muddied hold, and water gushed out for half a minute! This has been going on for years now!
Yossi

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2007

Your advises had help me too.
thank you.
Jeff Omaha NE

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2007

I have a certified van, 2003. I discovered water on the carpet on the passenger side. Since it is "Certified" I took it to the dealer. They could not get the "Certified" coverage to cover the repairs but did "goodwill" the repairs. They first thought it was a the air conditioner drain line or a bad seal on the windshield. That was not it. They then found a small hole in the weld in the front fender and repaired it. I do nto have much faith that it will hold, but tiem will tell.
Stephen Crewson

Kitchener, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2008

I had water in the passenger side cargo area (2002 Odyssey) which grew to a lake this afternoon. I attempted the solutions above with no success. I removed the right side rear light. I removed the cover in the cargo area opposite the rear bumper. The insulation under the cover was wet. I then poured water on the roof of the vehicle and had my son watch for water. He noticed water coming out of a broken seal. BINGO-just what I was looking for. I plan on fixing it with some all-weather caulking.
Dave Aronson

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2008

Thanks for the tip, I found the drain hole and water came out. Mine had rubber gaskets on the holes. I removed the one, Is it supposed to have the rubber gasket over the hole at all times?
evan

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2008

hi i have water leak in the trunk of my honda odyssey 2004 and the wate coms from right side of the back seit so i need hlpe plzzzzz ,the trnk (cargo)full with water plzzzzzzzzzzz .
Stephen Crewson

Mississauga, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2009

Evan, did you solve your problem? If not, do attempt the solutions listed above.
evan wrote:
hi i have water leak in the trunk of my honda odyssey 2004 and the wate coms from right side of the back seit so i need hlpe plzzzzz ,the trnk (cargo)full with water plzzzzzzzzzzz .
Lance

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2009

I am having the same problem with our 1998 honda odyssey. Water drips into the rear cargo area - only when it's wet outside. I removed the carpeting - it was getting nasty. I can see the water drips down from behind the trim near the drivers side rear wheelwell.

I tried caukling around the threaded posts where the roof rack attaches, which is directly above where the water trickles out at the bottom, but that didn't help.

This sounds like the issue with the clogged drain tube. But why would it only happen when it's raining?
David Jackson

Gilbertsville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2009

Help! Our 2002 Odyssey just started to leak water in the forward cabin just in front of the overhead light. I had the windshield checked out-no problem. I blasted water at the junction of the windshield and the roof, but there was no leakage. It has been happening lately when it rains.
Cooper

Gardners, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2009

I have the EXACT same problem. Same year, same leak. When I took it to a windshield repair place, they told me it was probably the mounts around the roof rack. Any suggestions?
David Jackson wrote:
Help! Our 2002 Odyssey just started to leak water in the forward cabin just in front of the overhead light. I had the windshield checked out-no problem. I blasted water at the junction of the windshield and the roof, but there was no leakage. It has been happening lately when it rains.
Takezo 007

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2009

Judged:

Hiroshi wrote:
Can you tell me exactly where it is? Is it in the rear wheel well?
<quoted text>
It's not in the wheel well. If you lay down between the rear passenger side wheel and the bumper, look to the right of the exhaust line near where the bracket holding the exhaust line is. To the right and above the bracket you'll see a flat area that easily clogs with dirt and mud. Blast it with high power water and you'll see a rubber circle with a smaller circle inside--like an eye. This is the end of the drain tube--it shoots straight down to the ground. You'll know when you clear the debris because water will come pouring out. Good luck.
Bob

Clinton, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2009

2003 Odyssey leak.

I found the source of my leak by running the garden hose over different areas of the car until I got it to leak. Turned out to be a hairline crack in the weld in the top left corner of the drivers side slider door frame. With the door opened I could see a small black crack in a seam which just looked like dirt. I sealed this area with silacone glue and no more leak! This crack was 3 to 4 feet from where the actual water was dripping from the headliner. A good quick check would be to check all the welds in the door frames and if there is any sign of cracking seal them.

Good luck,

Bob
Michelle

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2009

Takezo 007 thank you so much. I finally found it I was looking for it in the wheel well. I took it to the dealer twice and they just told me they couldn't get it to leak and I probably just wasn't closing the window all the way. My trunk has been full of water everytime it rains. You saved my car 2002 Honda Odyssey. Now I know I'm not crazy. Drying out my car once and for all...:)
and by the way keep the forums going this wasn't in the manual...:)
Shannon in MO

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2010

I have a leak also in my 2005. I have tried to dry it out but still moldy and smells BAD. I will try these suggestions.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

21 Users are viewing the Honda Odyssey Forum right now

Search the Honda Odyssey Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
2004 Odyssey sliding door doesn't lock (Jul '07) 19 hr ALI 6
Passenger Door won't lock/ unlock (Feb '06) Wed Mark 18
Odyssey 2005 EX-L, Passenger Sliding Door - No ... (Apr '12) Jul 20 CAL 9
2006 Honda Odyssey Leaking Water (Mar '09) Jul 20 Cyndi C 89
Honda Odyessy known a/c defect ( condenser/comp... (Nov '08) Jul 16 Raj Patel 94
Battery goes dead while driving Jul 15 Ozzie 2
2007 Odyssey Problems: Sliding Doors and Dashboard (Oct '07) Jul 11 Marietta 58
cost of timing belt replacement (Mar '09) Jul 7 Sri 97
•••

Buy a New Car

Zipcode:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••