2000 Odyssey ABS light on / radio cuts off

Posted in the Honda Odyssey Forum

marty

North Royalton, OH

#1 Sep 22, 2008
For the last 2 weeks I have had a strange problem with my 2000 Odyssey: While driving the ABS light and brake light come on. At the same time, the check engine light comes on, and the power to the radio goes off. A second or two later, the radio comes back on, the engine light goes off, but the 2 break lights stay on. If I continue driving, the same thing continues to happen with the radio and engine lights.
If I turn the vehicle off, it resets everything, and all is ok for either hours or a few days. Then it happens again.

any ideas
Amy

United States

#2 Oct 22, 2008
I am posting to see if you got any response because the same thing happened to me for the first time today-- also a 2000 Odyssey. I got home, turned the van off, then went around the block with no problem. So, I can expect this to happen again?
Mary

Spokane, WA

#3 Oct 23, 2008
My 2000 Odyssey did this today as well. My engine light has been on for a while due to catalytic converter. But today, the TCS light, ABS light, and BRAKE light all came on at the same time. I did not have the radio on. Anybody know???
Amy

United States

#4 Oct 30, 2008
I saw elsewhere on the internet that this happens a lot in the 1996 version, and others as well. No conclusive answer on this as I haven't taken it in yet, but it makes me wonder if it's really important.
karen

Portland, OR

#5 Nov 3, 2008
I had the same problem, anyone take their car in to be fixed? Any answers to the problem?
marty wrote:
For the last 2 weeks I have had a strange problem with my 2000 Odyssey: While driving the ABS light and brake light come on. At the same time, the check engine light comes on, and the power to the radio goes off. A second or two later, the radio comes back on, the engine light goes off, but the 2 break lights stay on. If I continue driving, the same thing continues to happen with the radio and engine lights.
If I turn the vehicle off, it resets everything, and all is ok for either hours or a few days. Then it happens again.
any ideas
Charlotte

Brookline, MA

#6 Jan 27, 2009
I have a 1999 odyssey and I have had the problem described above. The most recent time when all the lights went on, including the ABS light, the engine shut off. Is it time to get rid of it?
John

New Orleans, LA

#7 Feb 4, 2009
I have the same problem except my car is a 1999 VW GTI. The mechanic could not figure it out.
Maureen

King Of Prussia, PA

#8 Mar 5, 2009
I had the same problem with my 1999 Odyssey. I asked a friend who happens to work for Honda. He immediately said replace the battery. I did and haven't had the problem since, it's been about 3 months.
Ron Davis

Burlington, NC

#9 May 1, 2009
Its the eletrical part of the ignition
marty wrote:
any ideas
kamjlk

Saint Peters, MO

#10 May 6, 2009
What did it end up being? I have the same problem with my 05.
Dash Riprock

Chicago, IL

#11 Jun 14, 2009
My 1999 Odyssey, 102000 miles, had the TCS, ABS, and BRAKE warning lights, come on and stay on all at once. At my destination I was out of the vehicle for an hour. When I started again the lights were off. After 10 minutes the radio began to go silent for several seconds then came back on. After occurring
3 times, the same three lights came back on.
No answers as of yet. However, the last time I had the oil changed the mechanic found that the battery cable was beginning to corrode.
Thomas White

Ottawa, Canada

#12 Jul 31, 2009
Same thing (TCS, ABS and BRAKE lights, not the problem with the radio) happening intermittently for the past year or two on my 2000 Odyssey. Dealer tells me they are getting intermittent communication with the ABS controller/computer, and want to replace it (for $1,300 parts +$250!!).

I think I will just replace the battery ...
jim

Slave Lake, Canada

#13 Nov 14, 2009
hi i have a honda oddessy 2000 and iam looking for a code for my radio, if anyone knows it will be greatly appreciated!! thank you very much
if u know can u please email me at soccaplayer22@hotmail.com
Rachael

Erie, PA

#14 Dec 18, 2009
Make sure to check your battery connections. I work at a car dealership and they said if there isn't 12 volts to the car weird things will happen like idiot lights turning on and off and other things. I found out that my connection to my positive terminal on the battery was loose. I tightened it and haven't had a problem since.
Sara

Springfield, IL

#15 Nov 4, 2010
My 2000 Honda Odyssey is doing the same thing - just started 2 weeks ago - intermittently and the dealer can't find anything wrong!
ever

San Diego, CA

#16 Jun 20, 2011
i have 2000 odyssey im looking for radio code i dont have no manual or tag please???
Cindy

Laval, Canada

#17 Nov 18, 2011
John wrote:
I have the same problem except my car is a 1999 VW GTI. The mechanic could not figure it out.
Jai une golf Gl 2000 et il m'arrive aussi la meme chose ... la radio eteint, la lumiere abs allume ds le tableau de bord pi lintencité de la voiture diminue ( les lumieres interieure et exterieur), kand je me stationne le moteur eteint seul ... mais ma batterie est pleine pi mon alternateur vient tout juste detre changer !!! KESS KI SPASSE ??
pichi

Toronto, Canada

#18 Dec 8, 2011
ever wrote:
i have 2000 odyssey im looking for radio code i dont have no manual or tag please???
if you lost your radio code all you have to do ,go to any honda dealer and they will get it for you and give you the number. at not charges.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honda Odyssey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
My honda odyssey won't start (Jan '07) 10 hr pinto 30
2004 Honda Odyssey Seat Belt Stuck (Oct '07) 19 hr Judd3rd 30
2002 Odyssey - Open Doors, Battery, Brake indic... (Jul '13) Fri Juan 4
2006 honda odyssey battery keeps going out (Mar '09) May 1 toj 95
2000 Honda Odyssey power windows (Aug '08) Apr 30 bardwell 6
2006 Honda Odyssey Radio problem (Nov '07) Apr 26 charlie 72
Maintenance required light on Honda Odyssey 2002 (Oct '08) Apr 23 deedles 26
Honda Odyessy known a/c defect ( condenser/comp... (Nov '08) Mar '15 Porschetec 100
More from around the web