2007 Odyssey Transmission Fluid Change?

2007 Odyssey Transmission Fluid Change?

Posted in the Honda Odyssey Forum

texas

Austin, TX

#1 Feb 25, 2009
I'm thinking of doing a trans fluid change on my '07 Odyssey to avoid the high price of having a mechanic do it. What are the ins and outs.

I'm sure there are some tripping points and figgered you guys could show me the way.

TIA!
Paul

Bartlett, IL

#2 May 19, 2009
I can't find the atf transmission fluid drain plug for a 2007 Honda Odyssey. Can anyone help?
marc

Gig Harbor, WA

#3 May 9, 2010
What is the general consensus on using non Honda genuine atf and any long term problems?
liner

Hicksville, NY

#4 May 10, 2010
Paul wrote:
I can't find the atf transmission fluid drain plug for a 2007 Honda Odyssey. Can anyone help?
Info should be in your owners manual. Be aware that many new vehicles don't provide transmission drain plugs. You'll have to do a fluid flush at a shop.
liner

Hicksville, NY

#5 May 10, 2010
marc wrote:
What is the general consensus on using non Honda genuine atf and any long term problems?
As long as you use the correct type trans fluid as found in your owners manual, you'll be fine.
ignorance is bliss

Canada

#6 Dec 9, 2010
What a bought the filter you guys. Take the passenger tire off. On the transaxle facing you is a 3 bolt faceplate. Take in out. Remove the filter. The drain plug is on the other side. Remove all the tannhy oil before opening the filter. Screw the knew filter in and put the plate back on.
These are instruction for a 2007 Odyssey.
gus

Milwaukee, WI

#7 Apr 19, 2011
use only honda atf and be sure you get the correct type honda has at least 3 types of atf and your honda fluid is NOT compatible with even good off the shelf brands.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honda Odyssey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2009 odyessey front passenger door wont close Jul 27 stxnpx 2
02 Odyssey transmission problem (Jan '08) Jul 27 Laura 187
cost of timing belt replacement (Mar '09) Jul 25 Red Eye 44 114
Flashing 'D' light (Jun '06) Jul 24 Disappointed 83
Honda Odyssey window trouble (Jun '07) Jul 22 new honda owner 78
2006 Honda Odyssey Radio problem (Nov '07) Jul 17 lynsey1982 73
2006 honda odyssey battery keeps going out (Mar '09) Jul 15 timmyz 97
Honda Odyessy known a/c defect ( condenser/comp... (Nov '08) Jul 1 HMash 104
More from around the web