85 Goldwing LTD
Dredsel

AOL

#1 Oct 20, 2007
Was a CB radio standard on the 85 LTD and 86 SEI?
Tom

Kalispell, MT

#2 Aug 11, 2008
Dredsel wrote:
85 LTD yes, I had one. Although the bike had a lot of electronics issues, the CB worked consistently well
patrick downs

Repentigny, Canada

#3 May 19, 2009
DOES ANYONE HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH "EEE" READINGS ON THE AUTO LEVEL COMPUTER ON A 1985 GOLDWING LTD?
MY TECHNICIAN CAN'T FIND THE SOLUTION EVEN WITH THE LTD MANUAL.
Ron

Roy, UT

#4 Jul 11, 2009
patrick downs wrote:
DOES ANYONE HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH "EEE" READINGS ON THE AUTO LEVEL COMPUTER ON A 1985 GOLDWING LTD?
My mechanic is having the same problem, the entire air suspension was replaced last year. It is holding air but I am unable to add or remove air and the EEE message apears. In search of an answer!
Kevin

Fargo, ND

#5 Aug 24, 2009
Ron,
I have an 85 LTD and so did my cousin's husband. I spent a lot of hours trouble shooting his EEE problem. It\ Swapped control units (his to mine and mine to his) the problem stayed with his bike. Turned out to be one of the connectors on the harness. All it needed was a little pinch with a plier. That is where I suggest you start.
Kevin

Fargo, ND

#6 Aug 24, 2009
I just performed the "carb cleaner in the intake maintenance" spelled out in my Helm Manual. Now the bike won't idle down below 1900 RPM. Any one had this problem?
Ron

Brandon, MS

#7 Aug 25, 2009
patrick downs wrote:
In my case it turned out to be the sub wiring harness had a bunch of broken wires inside. Once the harness was replaced everything is fine.
Ron

Brandon, MS

#8 Aug 25, 2009
Dredsel wrote:
The CB was an option on that bike. If you look around there are many that do not have them.
patrick downs

Dollard-des-ormeaux, Canada

#9 Oct 6, 2009
Thank you Ron abd Kevin I will try your remedies.
Mike D

California, MO

#10 Nov 9, 2009
Kevin wrote:
Ron,
I have an 85 LTD and so did my cousin's husband. I spent a lot of hours trouble shooting his EEE problem. It\ Swapped control units (his to mine and mine to his) the problem stayed with his bike. Turned out to be one of the connectors on the harness. All it needed was a little pinch with a plier. That is where I suggest you start.
Where was the connector ?
Mike D

California, MO

#11 Nov 9, 2009
Where was the connector ?
Kevin

Fargo, ND

#12 Nov 9, 2009
My problem was on the harness that connected to the air ride control module. It was truly trial and error checking the fit of every spade / connector and carefully giving them a pinch on the female terminal ends to tighten up the fit on the spades.
franck

Saint-pierre, Saint Pierre and Miquelon

#13 Jul 9, 2011
i have the same EEE error on mine, changed the module, checked the wires, and it still doen'st work :S
Ron

Collierville, TN

#14 Jul 10, 2011
Dredsel wrote:
it was an option
Ron

Collierville, TN

#15 Jul 10, 2011
Franck, there is a sub harness under the right side locking pocket. You would have to find a used part, no longer available new. Try jingling the wires, to see if you can make it work.
Good luck
Now everything is fine on my bike and it works great, just got back from an 800 mile trip...no problems :)!
Highear

Alameda, CA

#16 Dec 12, 2011
Ron wrote:
<quoted text>
My mechanic is having the same problem, the entire air suspension was replaced last year. It is holding air but I am unable to add or remove air and the EEE message apears. In search of an answer!
My take on it was that the system is either in auto which should be set while sitting level and still if possible, and the other is manuel which can be adjusted on the fly or sitting, the system is not working when you get the EEE on the sreens, so I beleive you need to switch the manuel/auto switch and front or rear then hit the start switch again it should start pumping shortly therafter, at least that was my experience, Barry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honda Goldwing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Help! GL1200 Interstate not charging battery Mar 12 Jaknif3 1
News All new Honda Goldwing will get Human Friendly ... (Jul '09) Mar 5 Honda Enthusiast 49
1500 goldwing (May '12) Nov '16 Jim 2
Goldwing 1500 Nov '16 Jim 1
87 Goldwing Aspencade,GL 1200 starter relay wir... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Anonymous 1
windshield bags (Jul '16) Jul '16 travis 1
pull behind trailer (Dec '11) Jun '16 Wsfs62003 4
More from around the web