1993 right front brake siezing

1993 right front brake siezing

Posted in the Honda Goldwing Forum

whiteracecar

Franklin, MI

#1 Oct 7, 2011
am working on a 1993 Goldwing that has a 2006 Trike conversion. The right front brake seized while riding and after sitting for about an hour, it released and they rode it home, about 2 miles. They replaced both front calipers and couldn't get them bled. That's where I come in. I got the right front bled and also discovered a couple of things.#1, the left front caliper does nothing.#2, the brake hose for he only operational caliper for the front brakes, would flex and swell as I got pressure.
This is where help comes in. I figure that the brakes hose in the original problem. Is this common per the seizing caliper symptoms? And would it be a good idea to hook the left front caliper to the right front caliper like on most dual front disc brake bikes? Is there a kit out there that has a larger front brake master cylinder and hoses plus fittings? Any experienced help is appreciated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honda Goldwing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
87 Goldwing Aspencade,GL 1200 starter relay wir... Aug 7 Anonymous 1
windshield bags Jul '16 travis 1
pull behind trailer (Dec '11) Jun '16 Wsfs62003 4
78 gl 1000 May '16 Starliter33 2
News A Review of the Yamaha Royal Star Venture Motor... (Jun '08) Mar '16 Scott 50
Cruise Control (May '12) Nov '15 dribanez 2
News All new Honda Goldwing will get Human Friendly ... (Jul '09) Nov '15 Cestessr 46
More from around the web