1997 Honda CRV
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
crv 97 canada

Surrey, Canada

#61 Feb 23, 2013
"i have the same issue with mu 97 crv, it stalls then starts after a few mins of cooling. saw some blogs saying that it might just need a valve adjustment (?) it seizes due to wear and tear. is this true?"

Pittsburgh, PA

#62 Feb 28, 2013

Questioning a sold Hond and buying a Ford

Orem, UT

#63 Nov 12, 2013
My1997 honda crv won't start after a mechanic installed a rebuilt transmission lights go on on the dash but won't start what can I do
jay J

Cleveland, OH

#64 Nov 15, 2013
Recently I had to get some repairs on my 1997 Honda CR-V. Unfortunately I had to lock the doors when i dropped it off at my mechanics and the door will not unlock with the key or from inside. Any help with what I could do to at least get the door lock opened again would be appreciated. It feels as if the mechanism is stuck when I used the key but not preventing me turning the key, actually the exact opposite. I can get the lock knob to move up and down but it doesn't do anything.---------HELP!!

Barnesville, OH

#65 Dec 19, 2013
I have a Honda CRV 1997 . I am trying to get it started and not starting, the fuel pump comes on after i turn the key to run position and then shuts off when it reaches the pressure. There is gas in each plug after i took them all out to check them, the plugs are new. Cleaned the contacts off in the distributor cap put it back on and getting a little firing on plugs but not enough to have it start? Any ideas? Thanks, Ron !

#66 Jan 19, 2014
I have a 97 honda crv where u drive for a short drive it drive propyl and when it sits for a while it drive for a little and stop the tale shaft gos round
mark l

Springfield, OH

#67 Feb 16, 2014
thanks for some insight

#68 Feb 12, 2015
Hi i own a honda crv 1997 2 ltre. Just wondering how many kms of driving can i expect wen fuel light comes on

San Juan, Philippines

#69 Mar 11, 2015
Got diz honda crv 97 .. I changed oil but after that the engine lights on...wat happened? Can someone help me...???
linda t

Orange, TX

#70 Apr 13, 2015
Loss of power?

Chicago, IL

#71 Jun 12, 2015
Hi my 97 honda crv will start and run then after about ten minutes or when heats up it dies bit will start right away it sputters to can keep it running if i put in nuteral any sugestions

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honda CR-V Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Honda CRV Air Conditioner problems (May '07) Oct 6 Pierre 1,417
2 oxygen sensors bad (Nov '06) Oct 4 carluv 49
1999 Honda CRV makes a loud banging sound fron... (Apr '10) Sep 28 koolaid 20
1999 CR-V Cylinder Head Problems (Jul '06) Sep 23 jstrong196 238
2005 CRV Power Accessory Socket (Oct '06) Sep 19 henry 41
Honda needs to take responsibility for AC probl... (Apr '12) Sep 15 Bella 69
Honda CRV 2002 door locks not working (Apr '07) Sep 13 hether saragosa 43
More from around the web