1997 Honda CRV
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Caroline

Raleigh, NC

#1 Sep 8, 2006
My Honda completely turns off while I'm driving it.
Anyone else with this problem?
ZEKE

River Edge, NJ

#2 Sep 8, 2006
YOU LIKLY HAVE A BAD IGNITION SWITCH..THERE MIGHT BE RECALL ON THIS PART FOR YOUR CAR
Robert

Wylie, TX

#3 Nov 2, 2006
My kids pulled my plug wires on 97 crv. I have no spark. Could the ignition module been blown by trying to start with open plug wire? The ignition fuse is good and there is power to the distributor connector.
crv

Yuen Long, Hong Kong

#4 Nov 13, 2006
I just bought a 96 CRV and noticed a 'press button' to the bottom right of the ignition with the word "A Pole". Does anyone have any idea what this button is for?
Also, someone snatched the emblem from the rear of my car. Where can I buy a replacement
Rick

Fremont, CA

#5 Nov 14, 2006
there is a recall on ignition switch on your honda
Rick

Fremont, CA

#6 Nov 14, 2006
Caroline wrote:
There IS a RECALL on your IGNITION SWITCH
joe

Reno, NV

#7 Nov 21, 2006
Can anyone give me the firing order for my 97 Honda CRV? someone pulled the plugs from the distributor cap.
joe

Reno, NV

#8 Nov 21, 2006
I think it's 1342 but it's still not starting. Any suggestions on what might have happened by trying to start it over and over without those plugs plugged in?
kiarajade

Australia

#9 Dec 18, 2006
I have been getting a loud noise coming from the rear diff area when cornering. Rear diff fluid has been replaced a couple of times but the noise persists. Anyone have similar problem?
CRv

Hartford, CT

#10 Dec 20, 2006
Change the rear differential fluid. My 98 had the same thing, once changed never heard the noise again.
kiarajade wrote:
I have been getting a loud noise coming from the rear diff area when cornering. Rear diff fluid has been replaced a couple of times but the noise persists. Anyone have similar problem?
Muzie

Shah Alam, Malaysia

#11 Dec 25, 2006
My 1997 Front Upper Right CONTROL ARM Bushing had given way and squeaks before coming to a halt. I have had it change 3 times in 3 months. Although the parts are replaced under warranty, i sense somethingelse is wrong. What could it be?

I had no problem on the left.
KaS

Tacoma, WA

#12 Jan 17, 2007
CRv wrote:
Change the rear differential fluid. My 98 had the same thing, once changed never heard the noise again.
<quoted text>
I have had the same problem. Rear Diff fluid replaced for the second time in a year. I'll see what happens now.
KaS

Tacoma, WA

#13 Jan 17, 2007
kiarajade wrote:

YES....can't seem to fix it!!!
Sally

Nassau, Bahamas

#14 Feb 9, 2007
I have changed the igniter and the coil in my 1997 Honda CR-V but it still cuts off while I'm driving. Anyone knows why this is happening ?
JoeBob

Peoria, AZ

#15 Feb 10, 2007
crv wrote:
I just bought a 96 CRV and noticed a 'press button' to the bottom right of the ignition with the word "A Pole". Does anyone have any idea what this button is for?
Also, someone snatched the emblem from the rear of my car. Where can I buy a replacement
There is no such thing as a '96 CRV
techwissa

Wilmington, DE

#16 Feb 11, 2007
I have honad crv model 1997 when the transmission is going to change the speed from 1st to second (upshfit) I feel that there is something wrong like shuder distance in the gear
Desperate

Keller, TX

#17 Feb 11, 2007
Caroline wrote:
I had the same problem driving on the I-75, I was so
scared, It restarted later and died again on the Intersate Highway, it happened several times, I could get killed!!!!! It was a recalled item, I did not respond to the recall, it was repaired by the dealer, Free!!! Please respond to your recall.

Since: Feb 07

United States

#18 Feb 11, 2007
I have a 99 CRV sunken valve problem. Honda is only offering me half of the $3000+ repair cost. Read on another thread on this site that someone with same problem got Honda to pay entire bill. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Elaine

Monroeville, PA

#19 Mar 1, 2007
Caroline wrote:
Caroline - what solved your problem? I'm having a similar problem, and I can't remember if I had that ignition switch replaced or not.
Miguel Rodriguez

Westwood, NJ

#20 Apr 7, 2007
The CRV's seem to only work properly with authentic Honda Fluids ( transmission and differential ) for whatever reason. I also read that one person took her CRV to a private shop for a timing belt and valve adjustment only for the belt to break in a few months resulting in major engine damage. It seems that cars are being built today for dealership service only!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honda CR-V Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2007 Honda CRV - Alarm sounds @2700-3200 RPM?? (Aug '07) Jul 27 Spa eseence 5
AC replaced with NEW AC cost me $2880.00 Jul 27 Jeanine 2
Honda CRV Air Conditioner problems (May '07) Jul 27 fletcher 1,414
2008 CR-V Wheel Alignment Problem (Nov '07) Jul 22 Anonymous 58
who has the most miles on there CR-V ? (Jun '08) Jul 20 Cheeb 32
2001 honda crv driver door won't open Jul 19 Mitch 3
Honda needs to take responsibility for AC probl... (Apr '12) Jul 18 Tom 68
More from around the web