Honda CRV 2002 door locks not working

Posted in the Honda CR-V Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
larryd517

Lansdowne, PA

#1 Apr 21, 2007
My wife's CRV's automatic door locks aren't working. Neither of the remotes nor the inside buttons can lock or unlock the doors.
Is there a fuse...or something that I can check? Thanks!
Ohio7-29-07

Troy, OH

#2 Jul 29, 2007
I'm having the same problem with the lock not working on the front passenger door of our 1998 CR-V. Any ideas what to check?
Edward

Denver, CO

#3 Aug 1, 2007
Had the same problem with my 2003 crv
Steph

Springboro, OH

#4 Dec 1, 2007
I had the same problem...my driver's side door would not unlock with the remote, but the other doors were fine on my 2002 CRV. The dealer said it was just a bad spring on that door under the switch to pop up the switch to the unlock position, but it was going to be costly, so I just use the key and forget about my remote.
Nf crv

Placentia, CA

#6 Jan 25, 2011
My driver door lock doesn't open with key. It won't even go inthe lock and the keyless entry isn't working either how expensive is this to fix?
micki292

New Orleans, LA

#7 Apr 28, 2011
Did anyone get an answer for this? I can't figure it out.
Yuli

Wellsville, OH

#8 May 3, 2011
I had this problem on the driver side with my 03 crv while it was still under warranty. what honda did was change the cylinder on the door and claimed it fixed (NOT) about 1 1/2 year later all doors were doing the same thing including the repaired one. so I called honda and of course they said the repaired one was no longer under warranty and this would never be a recall since it was of no danger to me. I asked if it could be electrical problem they said no way and they said it could be the key too. It's not since I had a new key made and made no difference on any door. The key will not even enter the opening. but think I is electrical and I will look into it.
JoeC

Miami, FL

#9 Apr 4, 2012
Honda CRV 2002 passenger door lock doesn't open with key
roo

Cincinnati, OH

#10 Apr 10, 2012
Did you find an answer to this? My key won't work at all in the driver's side and now the passenger side is not working smoothly either.
Nf crv wrote:
My driver door lock doesn't open with key. It won't even go inthe lock and the keyless entry isn't working either how expensive is this to fix?
liner

Brooklyn, NY

#11 Apr 10, 2012
roo wrote:
Did you find an answer to this? My key won't work at all in the driver's side and now the passenger side is not working smoothly either.
<quoted text>
If the key won't even go into the cylinder, obviously someone jammed something in there.
jerry

Peoria, AZ

#12 Apr 14, 2012
Honda has a cronic problem with its locks. Have had problems on 2 crv's and
with an Accord. Got it fixed under warranty on one crv but it went bad again
and cost about $250.00 each to fix. Don't let anyone tell you that spraying with wd40 will fix it, it won't and no one jammed it, it is made of plastic and is a
lousy design.
Betty

Burlington, IA

#13 Aug 23, 2012
Keyless entry stopped working about a year ago. It is not a fuse. Master on door opens & closes all but rt rear passenger door. Key still works in lock. Dealership wanted $300. to fix even though they weren't sure exactly what the problem was. I just had the A/C replaced by local mechanic & did not use Honda parts. This cost 1/3 of what Honda quoted. After reading all of the other issues that have or can go wrong with a CR-V I should probably trade this off. I will never own another Honda.
Mike T

Danbury, NH

#14 Jan 2, 2013
CRV 2002 When I use remote to lock doors, driver door won't lock but other doors will. I must lock it from inside through passenger or other route. Then, it locks along with all other doors and beeps with remote lock signal button . Thank you. MT.
Jim Honda

Forest Hills, NY

#15 Jan 4, 2013
The Rear Door Lock at the Diver side of 2002 Honda CR-V doesn't work whn use te remote to wither open or close. How to fx it?
Donna B

Whittier, CA

#16 Jan 18, 2013
My left back door won't lock, and my right side back door locks and unlocks every time I accelerate past 15 mph. Does any one know how to fix it?
Gigi D

Blackwood, NJ

#17 Jul 7, 2013
All my locks on my 2002 CR-V have stopped working with the remote except for the driver door.$250 to replace each actuator? I think not! It may be time to trade my baby in. I just turned 113K and it is in great condition. I too had to replace the AC as the condenser died. I love Honda's but these issues have soured me from getting another one....
liner

Brooklyn, NY

#18 Jul 8, 2013
Gigi D wrote:
All my locks on my 2002 CR-V have stopped working with the remote except for the driver door.$250 to replace each actuator? I think not! It may be time to trade my baby in. I just turned 113K and it is in great condition. I too had to replace the AC as the condenser died. I love Honda's but these issues have soured me from getting another one....
Do the locks work from the switch on the driver's door?
Christine Z

San Francisco, CA

#19 Jul 9, 2013
My 2002 CR-V is having the same problem. My driver's door can't be opened with the remote or even manually with the key in the lock. The passenger side door lock won't work with the remote, but can be unlocked manually with the key.
It seems like both door locks stopped working right around the same time. I checked on the Honda website and it says "Failure to eliminate the door lock electrical circuit and the lock mechanism as a source of the problem may result in the replacement of a fully functional door lock actuator.(Each actuator replacement is between $246-$341 including labor).
liner

Brooklyn, NY

#20 Jul 10, 2013
Christine Z wrote:
My 2002 CR-V is having the same problem. My driver's door can't be opened with the remote or even manually with the key in the lock. The passenger side door lock won't work with the remote, but can be unlocked manually with the key.
It seems like both door locks stopped working right around the same time. I checked on the Honda website and it says "Failure to eliminate the door lock electrical circuit and the lock mechanism as a source of the problem may result in the replacement of a fully functional door lock actuator.(Each actuator replacement is between $246-$341 including labor).
If your car's no longer under warranty, no need to go to a dealer. Find a local body shop, they should be able to fix this.
Christine Z

South San Francisco, CA

#21 Jul 10, 2013
Thank you, Liner. I will try the body shop route. Have a great day!
liner wrote:
<quoted text>
If your car's no longer under warranty, no need to go to a dealer. Find a local body shop, they should be able to fix this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honda CR-V Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2003 Honda CR-V hood opening while on highway (Feb '07) Jun 28 Theshuvel 46
fuel gauge and fuel warning light say empty but... (Aug '07) Jun 23 Steve fry 71
Honda needs to take responsibility for AC probl... (Apr '12) Jun 15 jeanine 77
Honda CRV Air Conditioner problems (May '07) Jun 15 jeanine 1,425
1999 CR-V Cylinder Head Problems (Jul '06) Jun 13 bubby1 239
CR-V headlight problem (Jan '09) Jun 8 Bruce 219
My Clutch in my 1998 Honda CRV is not working (Nov '08) Jun 5 liner 26
More from around the web