Honda needs to take responsibility fo...
Richard Wright

South Jordan, UT

#21 Jan 15, 2013
I'd have to agree. It should be pretty hard to ignore the obvious issues with their AC units. I sure could use some help with air conditioning repair in Las Vegas! http://anytimeplumbingvegas.com/heating-ac/
vanessa

Corona, CA

#22 Jan 15, 2013
Well I had the same issue everyone else has had. I was blessed to find an AC mechanic with a reputable company that repaired it for $900.00. The mechanic informed me that he had replaced several 2004 ACs. Honda was going to charge me $2500.00 and they admit they knew there was an issue and there was NO RECALL! I am going to report them to the department over vehicle recalls and I suggest everyone do the same!
Gale

Earlville, NY

#23 Jan 23, 2013
This summer an awful noise, that grew louder under hood. My 2008 Honda CRV had only 38k miles on it. I commute by train. I brought it into Honda who claimed this was no longer under warranty. I paid over $800 out of pocket!!! I want a full refund !!!
Gale

Earlville, NY

#24 Jan 23, 2013
The compressor, was defective all along? I had to pay $800 for parts and labor as well as inconvience. This is not what I purchased a Honda for! What can we all do? I still have my receipts. I was angry then but more so now!
TMSB

Goleta, CA

#25 May 13, 2013
My CR-V's AC blew out at 65,000 miles. That was yeeeeears ago. Honda told me tough sh*t. Still have no AC pretty miserable living in So Cal with 90+ degree temps on a regular basis. I bought a Honda because they are supposed to be reliable but I have a huge laundry list of things that have gone wrong with this miserable car. I used to tell everyone to buy Hondas. Now I'll be telling people to avoid them at all costs. If anyone figures anything out let me know!
liner

Brooklyn, NY

#26 May 14, 2013
TMSB wrote:
My CR-V's AC blew out at 65,000 miles. That was yeeeeears ago. Honda told me tough sh*t. Still have no AC pretty miserable living in So Cal with 90+ degree temps on a regular basis. I bought a Honda because they are supposed to be reliable but I have a huge laundry list of things that have gone wrong with this miserable car. I used to tell everyone to buy Hondas. Now I'll be telling people to avoid them at all costs. If anyone figures anything out let me know!
You've been driving for yeeeeears in 90+ degree temps with no AC? Apparently it hasn't been all that bad or you would have gotten it fixed by now, no?
2002 CRV Owner

San Mateo, CA

#27 Jun 28, 2013
What is the name of the shop you took your CR-V to replace the A/C? Did they replace the entire unit?
2002 CRV Owner

San Mateo, CA

#28 Jun 28, 2013
vanessa wrote:
Well I had the same issue everyone else has had. I was blessed to find an AC mechanic with a reputable company that repaired it for $900.00. The mechanic informed me that he had replaced several 2004 ACs. Honda was going to charge me $2500.00 and they admit they knew there was an issue and there was NO RECALL! I am going to report them to the department over vehicle recalls and I suggest everyone do the same!
What is the name and address of the shop you took your CR-V to replace the A/C? Did they replace the entire unit? Also, how long did it take for them to fix it?
Read more at http://www.topix.com/forum/autos/honda-cr-v/T...
2008 Honda CRV

Lexington, MA

#29 Jul 8, 2013
Call Honda, replaced free of charge on 2008 Honda CRV. 7 year, 100k mile extension.
Laura

Richmond, IN

#30 Jul 8, 2013
2008 Honda CRV wrote:
Call Honda, replaced free of charge on 2008 Honda CRV. 7 year, 100k mile extension.
We also bought extended warranty and Honda told us that road stones caused the condensor to get a hole in it and that is why AC not working. We brought it to another AC garage and he told us the compressor is also shot.

Did you have a problem with just compressor?
liner

Brooklyn, NY

#31 Jul 9, 2013
Laura wrote:
<quoted text>
We also bought extended warranty and Honda told us that road stones caused the condensor to get a hole in it and that is why AC not working. We brought it to another AC garage and he told us the compressor is also shot.
Did you have a problem with just compressor?
Unless you shut off the A/C system the instant the "stone" damages the condenser, the compressor will be damaged. Poorly designed system. Issue is being "stonewalled" by Honda.
onlytoy2003

Overland Park, KS

#32 Aug 5, 2013
My Honda CRV2003 with 112,000 miles. a/c compressor failure and shut down the whole system. Honda dealer said will cost 2,400.00 dollars. Called Honda 1-800-999-1009 this morning. They do not want to responsible for any repair. Any suggestion ?
rbellor

Bend, OR

#33 Aug 7, 2013
BEWARE HONDA CRV OWNERS!
I normally donít post or voice my disaffection in public but this is something you all need to know if you own of are think of owning a Honda.
I will try to keep this short being most of you have had the problem with the catastrophic air conditioning compressor failure of have heard of it and are doing research (which until yesterday I had never heard of). We have 2004 CRV with 110000 miles on it and have never had a problem and itís well maintained per the factory recommended time frames. This past weekend my wife was out and she heard a loud noise and the air started blow warm air. I could see that there was a problem with the compressor cultch and it would need to be fixed. We took the car in to our local dealer and after they looked at it we were advised that we would need to replace the whole air condition system at the tune of $2900+. So I stated my research to discover that this is a common issue with the CRVís. I place a call to Honda of America to see if there was any help that they could provide and was advised that there is no recalls and this kind of catastrophic failure is rare. I recommend that that they should do some search and would see that is more common and I feel the least they should do was to pick the price of the compressor with no luck.
Honda needs to do the right thing and advise the CRV owners that the air conditioning compressor need to be replaced prior to 100000 miles or risk a catastrophic failure. I would have been happy to pay 700-800 to have this repaired.
In closing my family owns five Hondaís and were in the process of upgrading two of them and adding one more but now after our issues with Honda of America we will be working disinvesting our selfís from Honda.
So Honda of America I just did some quick math and I know itís no big deal to you but this year you will lose about $90,000 and as two of our Hondaís are owned by younger drivers and the will not be buy Honda you will lose about another $180,000; plus your local dealer will lose the service work on five customers cars so no big deal.
Thank you
Del Manahan

Lake Worth, FL

#34 Aug 19, 2013
I just got done talking to Honda Motors. They can care less about this issue, they pretend like it does not exist. This is the fourth time my A/C broke! The first time, they fixed it and I was not charged for it. Less than a year later, it broke again, same exact symptoms. They said it was not the compressor that time, but they fixed two fan motors, charged me about $1100, and it worked for a few months. Then compressor broke again, and they wanted to charge me $1500 for it. I had it fixed elsewhere for lower price. Less than a year later, today...compressor blew up again! It was so loud I'm afraid it ruined the drive train. THIS IS RIDICULOUS! Honda thanked me for bringing the issue up, but that they can't do anything about it! Poor quality workmanship, poor customer service. I'd say boycott them! I'm done with this car, not spending another dime on A/C that will last a few months. The heck with HONDA!
have tha a c serviced

Camperdown, Australia

#35 Jan 26, 2014
Every 12 months . and replace the drier every 2 years .
Replace the broken compressor with a piston type compressor not a scroll type which is often on most hondas
THAT S THE PROBLEM
Mindy Joy

Boynton Beach, FL

#36 Mar 14, 2014
I had my compressor blow up in 2008. My car is a Honda CRV 2004. Now, 2014 my radiator fans and head gasket blew and both gaskets have to be replaced. Brought car to Honda and they believe that there is a hydra lock because the head gasket blew and the cylinder head has to come off to check for warping. I spent overf $3,000 to repair the compressor in 2008 but received a check back from American Honda, due to all the complaints on this car. Does anyone know if the problem I am experiencing now is related to the compressor blowing up in 2008. I believe that the whole coolant system for this model car is defective. Please let me know your thoughts.
liner

Delray Beach, FL

#37 Mar 17, 2014
Mindy Joy wrote:
I had my compressor blow up in 2008. My car is a Honda CRV 2004. Now, 2014 my radiator fans and head gasket blew and both gaskets have to be replaced. Brought car to Honda and they believe that there is a hydra lock because the head gasket blew and the cylinder head has to come off to check for warping. I spent overf $3,000 to repair the compressor in 2008 but received a check back from American Honda, due to all the complaints on this car. Does anyone know if the problem I am experiencing now is related to the compressor blowing up in 2008. I believe that the whole coolant system for this model car is defective. Please let me know your thoughts.
The cooling system is entirely separate from the air conditioning system. You say your "radiator fans blew". Does that mean the engine overheated? That would certainly cause the head gasket to go and possibly warp the cylinder head. The fans are electric and are controlled by relays usually mounted in the fuse block cover.
IMO, your air conditioning problem in 2008 shouldn't have anything to do with this problem.
john smith

Sacramento, CA

#38 May 18, 2014
#19 phone number goes to phone sex line
john smith

Sacramento, CA

#39 May 18, 2014
The phone le by #19 is to a phone sex line
Kile

Mount Airy, MD

#40 May 23, 2014
Own a 2008 Honda CRV. It only has 60,000 miles on it. The AC compressor just went up as it seems to do in all Hondas. Nothing is covered. In addition the Serpentine belt was damaged due to the AC compressor implosion. Honda will cover nothing. My sister also owns a 2004 Honda CRV and has been through it twice!. This is the first Honda I have owned and will be the last. Honda of America needs to take a lesson from Toyota or Ford who go out of their way to ensure customer satisfaction. Local Toyota dealer here I come

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honda CR-V Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
1999 Honda CRV w/ transmission problems (Jan '07) Apr 18 HondaJunk 219
Milage vs Model Year Apr 15 liner 2
1997 Honda CRV (Sep '06) Apr 9 31ginpoy 76
02í Honda CRV Headlight Hi-Beams Apr 9 Paul 1
Replacing OEM Tires with Larger Size (Oct '06) Apr 8 jusme 59
who has the most miles on there CR-V ? (Jun '08) Apr 7 steve 79
CR-V headlight problem (Jan '09) Mar 30 Carlo Lamb 237