1993 Accord Transmission or Electrica...

1993 Accord Transmission or Electrical???

Posted in the Honda Accord Forum

John Nolan

United States

#1 May 16, 2008
I have a 1993 Accord that has been driving me to the poor house with repeated electrical and transmission problems, it first died on the road and Honda had to replace the coil, distribitor. and cables replaced along with an ECU, then soon after it started to have tranny issues where it would not shift at all once in forward, it would remain in 3rd gear and the indicator light over the D3 was on at all times. Had a tranny shop replace the TCU with a rebuilt. All was well for several weeks the the car died again. Had to replace the entire distributer assembly down to the shaft and all. The a few weeks and the tranny starts over again, sane issue, This timr the shop replaced some switch on the tranny, all is good. Then the distributer goes bad again, replaced all is good again than the tranny tsarts again...... HELP!!!
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE A ELECTRICAL Prob???
nate93cb7

Silver Spring, MD

#2 May 28, 2008
try to get a new tcu it might be a lil pricey but its well worth buying new parts for older hondas

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honda Accord Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sound and Jerking when Switching from "Park" to... May 22 jihanemo 1
1991 Seat Belt light flashes and alarm sounds (Apr '06) May 5 liner 57
News Why Can't Other Plug-In Hybrids Copy Chevy Volt... (Mar '15) Apr '17 wxxyz 44
1993 Honda Accord (Engine Light Problem) (Jun '07) Apr '17 liner 48
honda accord 94 Feb '17 sherry 1
1994 Honda LX Will Not Start (Jan '07) Feb '17 Dbl-D 128
News Honda's electrification plans include a new Ins... Jan '17 Cars suck now 2
More from around the web