1993 Accord Transmission or Electrical???

Posted in the Honda Accord Forum

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated May 28, 2008
John Nolan

United States

#1 May 16, 2008
I have a 1993 Accord that has been driving me to the poor house with repeated electrical and transmission problems, it first died on the road and Honda had to replace the coil, distribitor. and cables replaced along with an ECU, then soon after it started to have tranny issues where it would not shift at all once in forward, it would remain in 3rd gear and the indicator light over the D3 was on at all times. Had a tranny shop replace the TCU with a rebuilt. All was well for several weeks the the car died again. Had to replace the entire distributer assembly down to the shaft and all. The a few weeks and the tranny starts over again, sane issue, This timr the shop replaced some switch on the tranny, all is good. Then the distributer goes bad again, replaced all is good again than the tranny tsarts again...... HELP!!!
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE A ELECTRICAL Prob???
nate93cb7

Ruffs Dale, PA

#2 May 28, 2008
try to get a new tcu it might be a lil pricey but its well worth buying new parts for older hondas

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honda Accord Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Honda defends its sales figures Aug 22 johnson njagi 1
Accord AC condenser failed because of street de... (Oct '06) Aug 1 I h8 hondas 16
1991 Seat Belt light flashes and alarm sounds (Apr '06) Jul '14 EJs EFsi 50
Uber Is Now Losing Money On Every UberX Ride Jul '14 JonQyork 1
2004 Accord fuel door won't open (Jan '10) Jun '14 Stef 16
1994 Honda LX Will Not Start (Jan '07) Jun '14 Some dude 115
Honda accord vibration May '14 liner 2

Buy a New Car

Zipcode:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Honda Accord People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE