OC lawmakers bought cars fixed by state

OC lawmakers bought cars fixed by state

There are 2 comments on the The Wave story from Dec 6, 2012, titled OC lawmakers bought cars fixed by state. In it, The Wave reports that:

Seven current or former state lawmakers representing parts of Orange County repaired their state cars in final weeks before the perk ended, with five of them ultimately buying the vehicles, according to a report from the Associated Press.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Wave.

Rich Soto

Tustin, CA

#1 Dec 7, 2012
It is interesting to note the politicians from Orange County who had the taxpayers repair the state vehicles before the politicians purchased them were Hispanics.

Since these vehicles were state property why weren't they auctioned off to the highest bidder?
How much did the career politicians pay for the vehicles?

The State Attorney General should look into this abuse by the corrupt politicians. Oh, I foregot that's not possible. The State Attorney General is also a Democrat. I guess California taxpayers must tolerate government corruption and take the loss.
Pete

Grand Rapids, MI

#2 Dec 7, 2012
Rich Soto wrote:
It is interesting to note the politicians from Orange County who had the taxpayers repair the state vehicles before the politicians purchased them were Hispanics.
Since these vehicles were state property why weren't they auctioned off to the highest bidder?
How much did the career politicians pay for the vehicles?
The State Attorney General should look into this abuse by the corrupt politicians. Oh, I foregot that's not possible. The State Attorney General is also a Democrat. I guess California taxpayers must tolerate government corruption and take the loss.
It probably has something to do with why the used cars lots are filling up so fast...

with the domestic products that don't sell well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hatchback Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Acura NSX: Crazy, geeky fun Jun 20 ESPN 1
News Chevy Trax crossover eclipses Sonic subcompact car Jun 19 Wimsey 1
News How awesome is Acura's hybrid NSX? Try 0 to 60 ... Jun 4 No Sales 1
News China's Buick Velite 5 is a Volt with a nose job Jun 1 Over Priced Cruze 4
News Trump says Germany is 'very bad' on trade May 30 ardith 1
News You Don't Have to Wait for Tesla to Get Your El... May '17 Solarman 1
News The Judge: Drag Week Apr '17 Hairy Potter -- KHAN 1
More from around the web