Cadillac, Ram win Car and Truck of the Year honors

Jan 14, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WGAL-TV Lancaster

The Cadillac ATS has won Car of the Year honors at the Detroit auto show, while the Ram 1500 pickup has captured the show's Truck of the Year award. GM's Volt continues to set sales records as well.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 29 of29
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Nice resume
Booga King

Greenfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Proteus wrote:
Congratulations to GM and Chrysler for their awards.
That said, there were 49 people on the Car Of The Year Award selection committee, not 90 or so as posted.
Also, there were only JOURNALISTS on the selection committee, not "Executives with ties throughout the industry" as was previously implied.
Furthermore, it is acknowledged that there is intense lobbying in this process by all automobile companies.
Believe it or not.
What I said earlier is just as true now.
Not disagreeing with you but aren't all awards from consumer reports jd powers etc., heavily lobbied ? You surely cannot tell me Toyota isn't in consumer reports back pocket?!
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Booga King wrote:
<quoted text>Not disagreeing with you but aren't all awards from consumer reports jd powers etc., heavily lobbied ? You surely cannot tell me Toyota isn't in consumer reports back pocket?!
You probably won`t like the answer, but to my knowledge this is reality...
It's true that auto media such as JD Power, Consumer Reports, Edmunds, et al are aggressively lobbied by ALL automakers.
Some more than others according to my sources.
Re the Toyota/Consumer reports relationship?
Highly unlikely.
More speculation and conjecture than anything IMHO.
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Glad to see Ram win the truck of the year!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Well, one award that GM didn't "pay" for was the European Car of The Year, 2012. That was the Chevy Volt.

The first American car ever to win that award. EVER. The Europeans hate American cars. They look down their long noses at us and laugh.

Just to show you how hard it was to win that award.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

top tester wrote:
<quoted text> GM are holding back on volt production folks.I dont blame them.If I had a bag of apples that cost me $3.00 to get to market and I sold them for .25 cents a bag I would be discouraged too.
Wow ... you're over here too? As usual, you are just blow-harding. The shut down was in August, and for only 4 weeks.

The shut down was to re-tool the plant for the 2014 Impala.

The inventory went too low because of the shut down and the following month the sales were low because the Volt was not available in California. The month after the plant re-opened, the total sales went back up to normal.

You are 6 months behind with that stupid post. Just once, I'd love to see you post a link to back up your stupidity.

So ... go to bed, your school bus leaves early in the morning. Don't forget your lunch bag.

Here are a couple of articles about the plant shut down 6 months ago. You need to stop reading the hater sites. They only turn your brain into mush.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/drive...

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20120913/CARN...

How's your Tesla?
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

De Plane! De Plane!
dr fill

Hoffman Estates, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Root wrote:
De Plane! De Plane!
When gas gets up to ten bucks a gallon and the gas lines are miles long and folks are fighting over every drop.I will come buzzing on by in my tesla whisteling the andy griffith tune and laughing my royal asss off at you stooges!!! Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

dr fill wrote:
<quoted text> When gas gets up to ten bucks a gallon and the gas lines are miles long and folks are fighting over every drop.I will come buzzing on by in my tesla whisteling the andy griffith tune and laughing my royal asss off at you stooges!!! Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!!
Whisteling? You missed the school bus again, Des Plaines!! Mommy & Daddy aren't going to be happy with your next report card.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 29 of29
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Buy a New Car

Zipcode:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••