GMC Acadia Problems and Repairs

GMC Acadia Problems and Repairs

There are 506 comments on the Edmunds.com story from May 22, 2007, titled GMC Acadia Problems and Repairs. In it, Edmunds.com reports that:

Replying to: ppalonsky FWIW, the shifting issue has a TSB issued and a dealer can fix it, and the gas gauge being off is going to require a software update that is in development. via Edmunds.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Edmunds.com.

alaa

Riyad, Saudi Arabia

#202 Sep 24, 2012
how are you
alaa

Riyad, Saudi Arabia

#203 Sep 24, 2012
go to my dream
Missy

Austin, TX

#205 Sep 25, 2012
Also frustrated wrote:
My 2008 Acadia SLT, AWD leaks water from the door frame airbags and now from the sun visor whenever it rains. The first time this happened, the fuse box got wet and the car died completely. It was fixed 1 month ago and the dealership said it was because the sun roof drains got clogged. Now today it has started leaking again and it also started leaking from the ceiling light between the 2nd and 3rd row seats. When I tried to turn off the car, it wouldn't turn off, even with the key removed. It took man car to turn off, finally I accomplished it by putting the car in reverse, neutral, drive and then back to park. It goes back to the dealer tomorrow.
I am experiencing the same thing... did they ever fix it? What was wrong? Im reading alot of negative comments and the dealership is saying we can trade it for the appraised valu, Its no longer under warranty and we bought it used... Thanks!!!
Jesse

Grovetown, GA

#206 Sep 28, 2012
Will not purchase a GMC again. We bought an 07 Acadia and the motor needs replaced as well. They said that there is sludge build up, even though it has been serviced on time every year. Was out of a car dealing with corperate GM for three weeks until they final said sorry there is nothing we can do. Newly married and first new car purchase. BIG mistake. My wife and I have been stressed to the max over this for a while. Good luck to the rest of you.
Jeana

La Mesa, CA

#207 Sep 30, 2012
Killin time as I wait on the side of the road so that my transmission can idle. Brand new transmission put in at 98,000 miles. I have a 2007 gmc Acadia awd. So far... The water pump has broke, stabilator track has came on and my wheel locked up, transmission overheating ( turned out the plates melted together) so then I got a brand new transmission. Then headlight wiring was damages so that was replaced. It's never ending! Is it just bad luck? Am I a terrible driver?
Cubanrick

Los Angeles, CA

#208 Oct 1, 2012
I will never buy another BMW again. What a lemon. To all BMW owners get rid of it while u still can.
Janetta

Loganville, GA

#209 Oct 4, 2012
I just had my 2007 checked out by another dealership a whining/tick sound. This is the same issue that I have had for more than a year. The original dealership that I had taken my car to claimed they couldn't find anything. They have since went out of business. I am so angry. The Steering Gear & Power Steering Pump has to be replaced, I was quoted almost $2000 to repair. I have also had my transmission worked on 3 times since I have owned my Acadia. I would tell anyone looking to purchase an Acadia to RUN!!! When I called the corporate office of GMC they didn't even try to help me. Even though it is noted in my file that I have complained about the whining noise since 2010. I am really NOT happy with GMC!
Randy wrote:
Just found out many power steering units are leaking and the reason for the whining s that it's low on fluid. Maker sure to get it in before 36K or the warrenty eill expire like mine did...$1200 to repair.
Randy

United States

#210 Oct 28, 2012
O9 replaced rackenpinion and one coil pack 35000 and the car run like crap . Dust on motor never tuched .thats a dealer for u .
john

Leavenworth, KS

#211 Oct 30, 2012
Greg wrote:
I own a 2009 Acadia and the other day while driving the engine stalled out. I had it towed to a local dealership and they told me the engine was gone. The oil was like mud. I had gone about 8k without an oil change. Over I know but enough to ruin the engine? I have talked to several other mechanics since yesterday and they can't believe it happened. Of course, because I didn't perform the maintenance on time, I'm out of luck. I have owned Fords,Nissans,Lincolns,Acuras and a Subaru and have missed maintenance before with no damage whatsoever. I will never,ever own another GMC product. Its the most horrible car I've ever owned.
Oil generally won't turn to mud after 8k, but if using standard oil, you should change it every 3k, you were almost 3x past your oil change. If using synthetic, you could go the 8k without an issue, but as a mechanic, the fault is on you for failing to maintain your vehicle. While your other cars may have worked after going well past the maintenance schedule, I can assure you that you are damaging ANY engine by not following the maintenance.
Bobby B

Canada

#212 Nov 15, 2012
Have owned the 07 Acadia for less than 1 year, purchased from lease and have already had to replace water pump and are now having stabilitrak and service braking system issues. We have very close friends that are mechanics and even they have told us that only GM can fix this. After reading these reviews, it warms my heart to know that the North American automotive industry still loves to bend over the very people that depend on them for quality and dependability!!

We have 4 children that depend on us to get them to school, hockey and other events safely not to mention that we have to get to work..this is next to impossible when quality is over looked for quantity and corporate kickbacks!! Losing days and days of pay and still having to shell out for repairs that are only quick fixes is not my idea of quality!

It makes it difficult to support you're own economy when all they sell is garbage!! I will never buy another GM product nor recommend them!! My sympathies go out to all of you that have fallen for the same continuous BS from these pricks!!
GMC SUKS

Houston, TX

#213 Nov 16, 2012
Same ol' sh!t here. 2007 Acadia transmission just went out. 67,000 miles. "Professional Grade" my AZZ!! 5 months past warranty. Waiting to hear from dealer they had the car 3 days now. On the same day, my 2010 Chevy Cobalt engine overheated and warped (covered under warranty) and my 1998 trusty Dodge Ram brakes went out. All on the same freakin day!! I thought well at least I have my 2007 Honda Shadow (motorcycle). Well guess what? The dang battery died. No kidding folks.....
Jack

Irons, MI

#214 Nov 17, 2012
I have a 2008 Acadia that is has started displaying in metric. I washed the car yesterday. Vaccumed cleaned the inside too. I also and this might be what led to the problem. Washed some road dust and leaves from under the hood. I was really careful I thought. The leaves were in the corners of the hood around the hinges.
I reset the computer to english not metric and it doesn't register. I even tried to reste to all factory defaults and nothing.
Any ideas?
Thanks
robert

Bellingham, WA

#215 Nov 22, 2012
ARicci wrote:
<quoted text>
We also purchased a 2007 GMC Acadia. The transmission was replaced after owning the car for 6 months. The engine has been dropped for sensor issues 4 times and now we have the "reduced power" issue. I loved this car when I first bought it. Even tossed aside the random need for a tranmission after only a few thousand miles. I would not wish this car on my worst enemy. A light bulb replacement cost me 400.00! For anyone researching GMC Acadia's...DO NOT BUY A GMC ACADIA!!
Reduced power issue just happened thanksgiving day. Stopped car, restarted ok but engine light is on. car leaks water on third row as well as in front. that is what happens when the government buys out a company that should have been forced into bankruptcy, you get a Piece of Sh.... so much for buying american made.
GMC SUKS

Houston, TX

#216 Nov 25, 2012
robert wrote:
<quoted text>
Reduced power issue just happened thanksgiving day. Stopped car, restarted ok but engine light is on. car leaks water on third row as well as in front. that is what happens when the government buys out a company that should have been forced into bankruptcy, you get a Piece of Sh.... so much for buying american made.
I feel the same way. My 2007 Acadia (tranny) and 2010 Chevy Cobalt (cracked engine block) have both been in the shop since Nov. 11th. I like the 3 row Crossover vehicles. I am close to making a deal on a Kia Sorento SX AWD 6 CYL. I am also eagerly waiting on the release of the Hyundai Santa Fe 3 Row Awd Limited. You can get these vehicles loaded for the base price of GM junk and the warranty is great. Both vehicles that I mentioned are made in America.
TRath

Greenville, OH

#217 Nov 26, 2012
I just purchased a 2012 Acadia and wonder if this is normal or anyone ever had this problem:

When I start the vehicle a press the brake pedal to take it out of park-I feel and hear a clicking sound coming from the shifter on the console. It's almost like a locking mechanism that is being release. I don't need to take it out of park-it does it if I just tap on the brake pedal while it is in park? It almost sounds like the sound the door locks make when you press the button to unlock them?

Appreciate any comments anyone can provide?
Michelle

Washington, DC

#218 Nov 27, 2012
I have a 2011 Acadia and I'm having the same problems with the the humming/whining noise too. It's louder than the radio. My stabilitrack is not working either and the dealer dismissed it as the vehicle being new and needed to be broken in. They need to do better than that. I'm really thinking about trading my acadia in for the Enclave.
GMC SUKS

Houston, TX

#219 Nov 29, 2012
GMC SUKS wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel the same way. My 2007 Acadia (tranny) and 2010 Chevy Cobalt (cracked engine block) have both been in the shop since Nov. 11th. I like the 3 row Crossover vehicles. I am close to making a deal on a Kia Sorento SX AWD 6 CYL. I am also eagerly waiting on the release of the Hyundai Santa Fe 3 Row Awd Limited. You can get these vehicles loaded for the base price of GM junk and the warranty is great. Both vehicles that I mentioned are made in America.
Update.... they called and said the Acadia should be done today... but they Installed the engine on my Cobalt and in the process damaged the transmission on it and it has to be replaced now.... this is a certified GM service center. I don't know if I should laugh or cry.
Russ

Stoddard, WI

#220 Nov 30, 2012
We have been havin problems with our 2009 gmc acadia. the first thing that went, was the elecrical system. We replace a moduale. Now we are having problems with possibly the transmission. When we are going up a hill it wants to surge or jump before giving it enough power to go up. Still no answer from anyone on what it is.
Melissa

Royse City, TX

#221 Dec 2, 2012
I have a 2008 acadia SLT 2 with transmission problems twice, once at 75k miles and again at 110k. GM should replace transmission not just repair and hope for the best!! Should have traded it in.....
Tony

Columbia, SC

#222 Dec 13, 2012
Also have an Acadia that had the trans rebuilt under warranty at 87,000 miles and it has never been right has been back to the dealer numerous times and currently is praked in the driveway with the trans messed up again. Wiil tell everyone i know not to buy one of these they are a huge POS!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

GMC Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GM Expands Recall to Fix Truck, SUV Brakes (Mar '06) Aug '17 Shannon ploof 81
News Chevy S10/GMC S15-Sonoma: Problems & Solutions (Apr '06) Jul '17 Wwilson 528
News Blazer Electric Rear Hatch Will not Open (Sep '06) Mar '17 Sdonohue1994 66
News GMC's sliding roof slides away; Envoy XUV didn'... (Feb '06) Mar '17 bctaylor 38
Static radio!! (Jan '17) Jan '17 Kristen 1
News GM to drop Safari, Astro (May '06) Dec '16 DonA 37
News Chevy Silverado/GMC Sierra - Owner's hangout (Mar '06) Dec '16 bildacious 653
More from around the web