Chevy S10/GMC S15-Sonoma: Problems & ...

Chevy S10/GMC S15-Sonoma: Problems & Solutions

There are 515 comments on the Edmunds.com story from Dec 4, 2005, titled Chevy S10/GMC S15-Sonoma: Problems & Solutions. In it, Edmunds.com reports that:

I don't know if this will help, but I just did some radiator work on my '01 S-10 with a 4.3. You might have a cracked tank inside the radiator.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Edmunds.com.

First Prev
of 26
Next Last
Juan Victoriano

AOL

#1 Apr 10, 2006
My 94 Sonoma goes from first to four gear. It is missing second and third and it's automatic.
Juan Victoriano

AOL

#2 Apr 10, 2006
My 94 Sonoma goes from first to four gear. It is missing second and third and it's automatic
subguru

Phoenix, AZ

#3 May 2, 2006
Juan Victoriano wrote:
My 94 Sonoma goes from first to four gear. It is missing second and third and it's automatic.
I have a S10 doing that too. Did you find the problem yet?
loner

Smyrna, TN

#4 May 23, 2006
have ya'll thought about replacing your tranny or even checking the fluid level?
Randy Sleight

Ashburn, VA

#5 Jun 9, 2006
I had someone do a small hit and run on my vehicle just below the gas tank 3 weeks ago, got bodywork fixed, but was still making noises and the first mechanic I took it to did diagnostic on the engine and said I needed new shocks. Replaced the shocks all around and still heard the noise this time with the mechanic in the car, he then said he thought he knew what it was. The dealership said that they had not lubed the ball joints the last time that I asked them to do this. They now said that was the problem, they did and oil lube and filter on the S-10 and then this week the truck does not run at all. Won't even cough to start and the gas gage goes negative when I turn the key. I had half a tank the night before and have put 2.5 more gallons in the tank by hand, still not starting, but the gage shows empty. This is my fourth Friday in a row that I am dealing with this truck. I commute almost 50 miles to work, so the Greyhound got old this week after taking a bus to that bus station and transferring. Any advice. I plan to have it towed back to the Chevy Dealership tomorrow again, I bought this truck new 4 years ago and it has 57,000 miles on it. I have it serviced every 3000 miles.
jeff

Miami, FL

#6 Jun 14, 2006
my 98 sonoma, standard trans. has a hard time being put into first gear. also when i'm stopped on a hill, if I put the truck in first, i can let off of the break and i wont roll back, even with the clutch pushed all the way in. that should be in nutral right? what's wrong?
michael

Baltimore, MD

#7 Jul 16, 2006
jeff wrote:
my 98 sonoma, standard trans. has a hard time being put into first gear. also when i'm stopped on a hill, if I put the truck in first, i can let off of the break and i wont roll back, even with the clutch pushed all the way in. that should be in nutral right? what's wrong?
you might need to replace the slave cylonder
David Henley

Tyler, TX

#8 Jul 18, 2006
My s10 will start and idle kinda ruff at first then it smooths out but no matter how slow or fast i hit the gas it dies Eny info????
steve

Biloxi, MS

#9 Aug 2, 2006
david sounds like the egr valve to me it gets clogged with carbon from the exhaust and sticks open you can take it off fairly easy and check to see it the plunger it stuck open of so just use a small screw driver to loosen the carbon up and shake it out and be sure to replace the gasket it only about 5 bucks good luck
jeremy

AOL

#10 Aug 22, 2006
I have a 2002 s10. For some reason it's begining to rev high then loose power stall. Not sure if it is a fuel line problem.
cody p

Ayden, NC

#11 Sep 7, 2006
my 94 s10 wont stay idled up
bush

Pittsboro, IN

#12 Sep 11, 2006
cody p wrote:
my 94 s10 wont stay idled up
I got a idea scrap the piece of shit & buy a toyota,that goes for the rest of you.
Paul

AOL

#13 Sep 12, 2006
The best S10/Sonoma I have ever seen? Not a one.Seat issues,door hinge pin issues,cheap plastic grilles that crack when you slam the hood,tailgate handles that stick,broken tailgate cables that are pinned and welded to the side latching plates,cheap carpeting/rubber floor covering that wears thru quickly,lack of legroom,leaky transmission extension housings,poorly designed hydraulic clutch,excessive axle gear lash....and this is what the largest car company in the world can produce? Dont even mention the previous generation S10/S15....those things were even worse (better seats though).And I thought that the Isuzu supplied Chevy LUV was crude and bad.....its been 24 years now of domestic crap.
Smitty Oshawa Ontario

Detroit, MI

#14 Sep 13, 2006
bush wrote:
<quoted text>I got a idea scrap the piece of shit & buy a toyota,that goes for the rest of you.
Did you notice your beloved Toyota is holding back product because of quality issues? Long live GM, the American made choice!
Paul

AOL

#15 Sep 13, 2006
Toyota holds back product because of quality issues,yet GM rams product thru no matter if its ready or not (Corvair,Vega,X-cars,TrailBlaz er/Envoy) and uses the customer as its test drivers.
Which way would you like to go?
jon

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#16 Sep 14, 2006
My ABS light came on, my brake light came on, lost my speedometer and it woulndn't shift out to third gear. This is on a gmc sonoma 2001 year model any ideas?
bush

Pittsboro, IN

#17 Sep 14, 2006
jon wrote:
My ABS light came on, my brake light came on, lost my speedometer and it woulndn't shift out to third gear. This is on a gmc sonoma 2001 year model any ideas?
Do you own a gun? shoot that piece of shit,& buy a toyota
Dick

Anchorage, AK

#18 Sep 14, 2006
What tool can I use to get the #3 cylinder spark plug removed from a 2002 S10 pickup.
2002 s10 v6 plug removal

Anchorage, AK

#19 Sep 14, 2006
I can't get a socket on the middle plug on the drivers side.
jon

Madison, AL

#20 Sep 15, 2006
wish i could

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 26
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

GMC Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GMC Acadia Problems and Repairs (Nov '07) Tue HateAcadia 446
News GMC Yukon and Yukon Denali Problems (Aug '07) Aug 28 Joey v 40
News GMC's sliding roof slides away; Envoy XUV didn'... (Feb '06) Jul '15 Tedesco1215 32
2007 GMC Sierra ball joint failure (Dec '10) Jul '15 Jerome 12
News 'Mom car' destroys Dodge Challenger Hellcat on ... (Feb '15) Jul '15 Fart 4
News Chrysler threatens to leave Canada (Mar '09) Jun '15 Kokomo man 322
News Blazer Electric Rear Hatch Will not Open (Sep '06) Jun '15 Corona 60
More from around the web