2000 GMC Jimmy Cranks but wont start

2000 GMC Jimmy Cranks but wont start

Posted in the GMC Jimmy Forum

BillyC

Naples, FL

#1 Nov 9, 2011
I have a 2000 GMC Jimmy and for some reason, the other day it just shut off while I was driving, as if I ran out of gas. I have a new Fuel Pump and I know it is working. I havent "tested" the fuel pressure but I HAVE checked it and I know Im getting enough to run.
Also, it starts right up when I pour gas into the carb, but just long enough to burn it and then stauls.
Since I am getting good pressure, I was thinking maybe the fuel injectors but some one told me that wasnt likely.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Jessie

Cincinnati, OH

#2 Jan 3, 2012
2000 Jimmy makes clicking noise but won't start. Was working fine wednesday but started this on friday. Haven't gotten to start since. Could it be the starter?
Ben

United States

#3 Feb 4, 2012
Jessie wrote:
2000 Jimmy makes clicking noise but won't start. Was working fine wednesday but started this on friday. Haven't gotten to start since. Could it be the starter?
Sounds like a dead battery, but if your battery is dying its a fair bet your alternator is the reason for that. Maybe something is shorting out or drawing power which maybe draining your battery. Charge the battery or take it to the auto parts store and they should do it for free.
Ben

United States

#4 Feb 4, 2012
BillyC wrote:
I have a 2000 GMC Jimmy and for some reason, the other day it just shut off while I was driving, as if I ran out of gas. I have a new Fuel Pump and I know it is working. I havent "tested" the fuel pressure but I HAVE checked it and I know Im getting enough to run.
Also, it starts right up when I pour gas into the carb, but just long enough to burn it and then stauls.
Since I am getting good pressure, I was thinking maybe the fuel injectors but some one told me that wasnt likely.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance
Have you checked your cap and rotor some models still have them. It maybe a relay what else is it doing and what have you checked?
Hozierdaddy

Mountain View, CA

#5 Dec 11, 2015
BillyC wrote:
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance
Hi im curious where your putting feul i to the "carb" on a 2000 jimmy, they dont have a carb as theyre feul injected...did you find the reason it quit?
Iggerine7431

Mountain View, CA

#6 Dec 20, 2015
I had a problem with my 2001 gmc Jimmy starting after sitting for awhile. After months of trying to get this issue resolved I read on here and from a mechanic that there is a fuel filter on the driver's side by the wheel that sometimes gets clogged. I had it replaced. And truck has been starting ft one since. Cost 12 for filter and 15 to have put on.
Issue31

United States

#7 Jan 9, 2016
My ecm fuse keeps blowing on my 2000 gmc jimmy4+4 any suggestions to what may be the problem to this ? Please help its all due to me running out of gas

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

GMC Jimmy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2001 Jimmy transmission not shifting (Jul '09) May 3 Ryan 8
2001 gmc jimmy won't start (Feb '08) Apr '16 2010 camaro SS 142
2001 GMC Jimmy problems. (Sep '07) Mar '16 SEC110892 120
2001 jimmy won't start Mar '16 mike 1
News Blazer Electric Rear Hatch Will not Open (Sep '06) Mar '16 nic from winnipeg 62
frustrated with combo switch Jan '16 syule 1
2000 GMC Jimmy Tapping/Knocking (Aug '12) Jan '16 gmclady 2
More from around the web