2001 jimmy wont take gas

2001 jimmy wont take gas

Posted in the GMC Jimmy Forum

pio

Akron, OH

#1 Mar 9, 2009
when trying to pump gas into tank, gas comes back out of the fill tube. inspected the fill tube for kinks and it is kink free. anti siphon flap on actual tank has been removed by the garage so it is not there. if u pump gas really slow and let the fill tube fill up it will drain into the tank but vary slowly. any ideas as to what it could be or how i can fix this would be greatly appreciated
Rickk61_too

Selinsgrove, PA

#2 Jun 12, 2009
I have the same problem, so what was the answer?

Thanks, Rick
pio wrote:
when trying to pump gas into tank, gas comes back out of the fill tube. inspected the fill tube for kinks and it is kink free. anti siphon flap on actual tank has been removed by the garage so it is not there. if u pump gas really slow and let the fill tube fill up it will drain into the tank but vary slowly. any ideas as to what it could be or how i can fix this would be greatly appreciated

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

GMC Jimmy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
1997 gmc jimmy electrical problems!!! (Feb '14) Jun 9 Marko386 4
2001 GMC Jimmy problems. (Sep '07) Jun 4 Pete maxwell 121
96 Jimmy revving high but won't accelerate Jun 1 thisizit32 1
2001 Jimmy transmission not shifting (Jul '09) May '16 Ryan 8
2001 gmc jimmy won't start (Feb '08) Apr '16 2010 camaro SS 142
2001 jimmy won't start Mar '16 mike 1
News Blazer Electric Rear Hatch Will not Open (Sep '06) Mar '16 nic from winnipeg 62
More from around the web