Developers buy former GM sites; two are in Ohio | The Columbus Dispatch

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

Two former General Motors Corp. plant sites in Ohio and one in Michigan have been sold to development firms.
Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Jul 7, 2011
Surprised

Bowling Green, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2011

Judged:

I'm surprised that when obama took GM through bankruptcy he didn't saddle taxpayers with the cost of maintaining these properties. Must have been an oversight.
tip

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2011

Judged:

Surprised wrote:
I'm surprised that when obama took GM through bankruptcy he didn't saddle taxpayers with the cost of maintaining these properties. Must have been an oversight.
In hindsight and in response to his fiscal policy, he should have used them as homeless shelters.
Kennesaw71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2011

They'll probably build a bigass Walmart and a Samsclub in Moraine since Ohio is not a right to work state. Yet....

That assembly plant has a decent freight rail connection and would be a real shame if that's not put to use by whoever gets it.
Rob

Grove City, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2011

The so-called bailout of GM was one of the wisest things we've done in years.

Unlike George Bush, who gave the UAW $38B in one year alone, and got ZERO for it, for the roughly $60B (before any repayment) we got a revitalized GM that is no longer under the stranglehold of the UAW and which is producing its best product line in decades (ref. all the critics who helped take down GM's image are now all singing a different tune, ie. praising new products). Most importantly, we retained one of the few major manufacturing industries left in our country, something that is essential to a strong defense (ref. WWII, a war that wouldn't have been won without the likes of GM).

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent GMC GM Discussions

Search the GMC GM Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Taxpayer are reluctant shareholders in GM (Jun '09) May '14 Ha Ha 4
U.S. Factory Orders Rise for Second Month in Th... (Jun '09) Mar '14 Farra 10
Shuttered GM plant to be razed in downtown Indy (Jun '13) Jun '13 The Ultimate Kaptoz 8
tell me about chuck the plant rat from the 80s (Mar '13) Mar '13 remember me 1
UAW faces painful transformation (May '09) Jan '13 Pete 4,831
Wobbly auto industry has GM workers in Ohio won... (Apr '09) Sep '12 comfortably_numb_dude 2
GM near pact to sell truck unit to Navistar: re... (Apr '12) Apr '12 paul shykora arts 1
•••

Buy a New Car

Zipcode:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••