2001 Ford Windstar Keypad Code Location

2001 Ford Windstar Keypad Code Location

Posted in the Ford Windstar Forum

Sev

Ankeny, IA

#1 Feb 12, 2008
hi, I just bought a 2001 Windstar SE and I can't find the code for the keypad. Supposedly it's in a secret location in the car but I could not find it where the manual said (card in the glove compartment & sticker on the computer module). It wasn't in either place, would appreciate some help. I will use ebay as a last resort. Thanks.
Amy

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Mar 1, 2008
i am wondering if you found out the answer for this i have the same problem i have been trying everything for days now
John

United States

#3 Jun 8, 2008
2003 windstar here and have same problem-hope someone can help!!!
bill

United States

#4 Oct 13, 2008
remove the glove box and inside you will find the module. remove the two screws holding it in and pull it out enough to see the 5 digit code
Harry

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Oct 14, 2008
Not on a 2001. The RKE module is behind the lower part of the instrument panel, the part below the radio. I just looked at mine, and someone had pulled the tag with the code.
Rory

Mesquite, TX

#6 Aug 6, 2009
Same thing here with my 2001. I removed the lower section below the radio and some one had scrapped off the key code. Dealer wants $45 to hook up a computer and to find the code...I wonder who scrapped it off??? maybe the people charging $45??
shelia

United States

#7 Nov 15, 2009
can not find key pad code on 2003 ford windstar please help
William

Henderson, NV

#8 Jan 13, 2010
where is location of RKE module for 2003 Windstar SE?
Steve

Quinton, VA

#9 Dec 8, 2011
While at the junk yard last week, I pulled the lower cover off, below the radio (02/03). I found the card with the code and two new remotes taped to the module. I hope this helps someone with the 02 or 03.
Doug

Fargo, ND

#10 May 1, 2015
My experience, the slime balz at Ford removed the Keypad Code from the Keyless Entry module.
BobSwanson

Norcross, GA

#12 Sep 20, 2017
bill wrote:
remove the glove box and inside you will find the module. remove the two screws holding it in and pull it out enough to see the 5 digit code
Not on an 01 model. In the 2001 the module is located behind the lower instrument panel below the radio and behind the hollowed out cubby hole. Mine didn't have the five digit code on a sticker either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ford Windstar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ford drops axe early on Freestar minivan (Jan '07) Dec 5 Paul 3
1999 windstar window problems Nov '17 Travis c 2
Does 99 lx Windstar have automatic doors (Jun '17) Jun '17 FoundOnRoadDead 1
03 windstar mini spear tire (Apr '17) Apr '17 texchico 1
Front wipers only work on high? (Feb '17) Feb '17 Drax 1
2001 Ford Windstar (Oct '16) Oct '16 MILLIE 1
Blend door actuator. (98-windstar) (Aug '16) Aug '16 carmine 1
More from around the web