1997 Ford Thunderbird
Bob

Arlington, TX

#1 Oct 12, 2008
Does anyone know how to remove the brake booster on the subject car?
Rory

Lafayette, LA

#2 Dec 30, 2008
I have a 1997 Ford Thunderbird and I need to know the following. I want to change out my factory radio. I need to know what do the colors on the wiring harness for my factory radio mean. How do I know witch one is for the speakers, power, power antenna, memory and so on. If anyone has a wiring diagram for my car this would be most helpful.
Rory

Lafayette, LA

#3 Dec 30, 2008
I have a 1997 Ford Thunderbird and I need to know the following. I want to change out my factory radio. I need to know what do the colors on the wiring harness for my factory radio mean. How do I know witch one is for the speakers, power, power antenna, memory and so on. If anyone has a wiring diagram for my car this would be most helpful.
Johnny

Atlanta, GA

#4 Apr 13, 2011
My thunderbird as poor acceleration. I have changed air filter, spark plugs, and the throttle position sensor. Can some one please help?

Since: Apr 11

Atlanta, GA

#5 Apr 14, 2011
what causes 3.8 to lose power? changed tps, spark plugs, air fiter. still not working properly. Please help.
irshkate

Lumberton, TX

#6 Apr 30, 2011
you should change the two coil packs if it si an 8 cyl. clean the catalatic converter change the 02 sensor and the plug wires
johndannar wrote:
what causes 3.8 to lose power? changed tps, spark plugs, air fiter. still not working properly. Please help.
greg

New Haven, CT

#7 Jun 10, 2011
just as irshkate says.it may have jumped time? mine had loss of power because 1 of the 3 catalactic converters were plugged the last just cut it out and straight pipe it.
LEE

Fargo, ND

#8 Nov 1, 2011
got a 97 ford thunder bird putting a after market cooling fan in , car has three wires and new fan only has 2 wires how do i hook it up.
Derek

United States

#9 Dec 2, 2011
What year parts are interchangable?
Garry

Lakeland, FL

#10 Feb 13, 2012
I am trying to get the transmission off of my 1996 T'bird so I can replace the freeze plugs.I have it loose but is hitting the carbody. Is there a trick to getting it rest of way off without pulling engine. Help appreciated. Garry
ddotstiveratattd otnet

Tucson, AZ

#11 May 29, 2012
I need the plastic guage bezel. Mine is broken in three places. Not available from Ford anymore. Can anyone help me? 1994-1997 will work. Thanks Don
fran123

Moberly, MO

#12 Aug 24, 2012
windshield wipers stuck also washer fluid stuck on changed out the column because of broken start staff however now I cannot get the wipers to shut off its not the switch thanks for any help.
king

United States

#13 Mar 21, 2013
Garry wrote:
I am trying to get the transmission off of my 1996 T'bird so I can replace the freeze plugs.I have it loose but is hitting the carbody. Is there a trick to getting it rest of way off without pulling engine. Help appreciated. Garry
loster motor mounts and lean it back
king

United States

#14 Mar 21, 2013
Rory wrote:
you can buy a conveter kit from autozone or wallmart and read the directons on the radio and just match up the wires on the radio color to color to the conector I have a big system that car thumps very well
king

United States

#15 Mar 21, 2013
My car is runing like shit I have changed the computer the tps the massflow the spark plugs the coils to msd. I put a cold air intake hi flow conteters and mufflers and four extra grounds to the motor and battery a new fuel pump new fuel filter and tank screen ran about 20 injecter cleaners I run super unleaded exon only and moved the air charge sensor closer to the intake I have cleaned the egr the pcv and the idle air control valve and reset the computer after every item done and it is not getting enough gas on take off and floods on idle. So I am stumped but if u punch the gas wile going nothing can keep up so I don't know what the hell is up with u I need some ideas I'm going to change the o2 sensors next I need held
Margaret

Chula Vista, CA

#16 Jun 26, 2014
I have a 1997ford thunderbird and had the power steering system replaced and it does not seem to be working like it should....the mechanic states "it has to be broken in" just like a new engine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ford Thunderbird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How to get 300 horsepower Jul '17 lyonj22 1
spark plug replacement 3.8 V-6 Jul '17 PaulW 1
2002 T-Bird (Jan '14) Jul '17 Sal 5
95 thuderbid windshield wiper problem (Jul '07) Jun '17 Jamed 2
coil over plug- replace plugs - ignition prob... (Dec '06) May '17 Sal gennuso 102
1955 water temp sending unit (May '16) May '16 Joelkowalski 1
Authentic 50th annivry special addition (Mar '16) Mar '16 Johng88rdy 1
More from around the web