1983 Thunderbird - Heritage
Son

United States

#1 Aug 1, 2009
My parents have a 1983 Thunderbird - Heritage Edition in Midnight Blue that is in absolute mint condition. They are the original owners and have only driven this car 11,848 miles. It has been in the garage and covered for years, driven only occassionally. It even has new tires! I would like to know if there is a museum that would like to buy this pristine vehicle. It is way too nice and rare to be driven around for pleasure.
rich

Bolivar, MO

#2 Feb 12, 2010
Hi... i was wondering what you might be asking for the thunderbird
ryan prosser

Coeur D Alene, ID

#3 Oct 6, 2010
dude do not sell that car im fucking seroius its a rare car only 5-6'000 were made if you keep it for a long ass time and u might be the only guy left with car in the world it could be worth a shet load later in life and how do i know is cause i own one to except mine is brown but im serious if you keept it for a long time it will be wotyh a lot of money
some kid

Ilion, NY

#4 Jul 10, 2011
im only 13 and my grandparents are makeing me work one off,it needs some surface rust taken care of,but its been sitting since prolly 87-88 till reciently
lalalallaaa

Harrisonburg, VA

#5 Sep 27, 2011
put aa picturee on heree pleasee:) thankss
DaJ

Tallahassee, FL

#6 Apr 27, 2012
Hi,
I have a 1983 Ford Thunderbird Heritage Edition. It has 63K miles on it, garage kept, in like new condition. I purchased it from the original owner. I am trying to find out what this car might be worth in todays market. I am thinking of selling it.
Son

United States

#7 Apr 27, 2012
Thanks everyone for responding to my original question dated almost three years ago. Nothing has changed as far as the vehicle is concerned. It's still sitting in my parents garage in Cleveland, Ohio. I will be visiting there for the fourth of July and hope to take some photos that I can post.
I do not have an asking price because I still need to do some research on what the car might be worth.
I was really hoping to get it on display somewhere for many enthusiasts to enjoy and where it would be well cared for. It is almost like new.
Steve

Merced, CA

#8 Jan 9, 2013
Son - Don't get rid of it. I had a 1983 Ford Thunderbird Heritage. It was a beauty. Chocolate brown leather interior, digital dashboard, cream over beige with brown pin striping, wing windows. Gosh, I miss that car! I wish I had never gotten rid of it in 1990, but that is life. I would love to find a similar car. I'd be willing to pay 5-6K for it today.
Vinny

Minneapolis, MN

#9 May 26, 2013
Steve wrote:
Son - Don't get rid of it. I had a 1983 Ford Thunderbird Heritage. It was a beauty. Chocolate brown leather interior, digital dashboard, cream over beige with brown pin striping, wing windows. Gosh, I miss that car! I wish I had never gotten rid of it in 1990, but that is life. I would love to find a similar car. I'd be willing to pay 5-6K for it today.
Did you find a replacement, yet??
Vinny

Minneapolis, MN

#10 May 26, 2013
Did you find a replacement yet???
Steve

Merced, CA

#11 Jul 15, 2013
Vinny wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you find a replacement, yet??
Vinny - no, I haven't found a replacement yet. Still looking and hoping. Thanks for asking.

Steve
Mark E

Saint Paul, MN

#15 Mar 12, 2014
I'm the same, Steve! I had a beautiful '83 Heritage edition, white with the plushy premium red velour interior. I even sold mine off about the same time as you. Wonderful mileage, ride like a cloud, it was a great car. With the 'aerobird' becoming older, these might actually start going up in value someday but not yet. I'd say one with fantastically low mileage could be worth as much as $7500 or more if it was in perfect shape but if it's been stored for years and years it's worth more like $5-6k just for the reason it has sat for such a long period of time and needs to be refurbished before it can be driven. I seriously doubt if any museum will buy the car but may accept it as a donation which would then be a tax deduction. The next best thing would be to sell it to a collector such as me or maybe Steve who would have it as a second or third car and just drive it in the summer to car shows.^_^
B-Rad

Puyallup, WA

#16 May 8, 2014
Just doing a little research...just put money down on a 83. Great find with only 29k on it. Digital display....where are the gauges? This was just showing speed and fuel. I don't get the car for a few days and I was just wondering......thanks
Steven Herriott

Muskogee, OK

#17 May 24, 2014
Steve wrote:
....I have a 1983 Ford Thunderbird coopheritage edition in fair conditionnavy blue interior all the bells and whistles2 tone paintsilver and gray 61,000 milesdependableneed to sell
fred

Muskogee, OK

#18 May 24, 2014
No comment
jeremy

Ashburn, VA

#19 Jul 9, 2014
I have a 1983 thunderbird turbo with 5 speed and 302 in it is anybody like to buy it?
Son

Greenwood, IN

#20 Jul 10, 2014
Just to let you all know, the beauty in my original post dated Aug. 1, 2009 is still sitting in my parent's garage in Cleveland, Ohio with 11, 848 original miles on it.

Anyone with a serious desire to purchase this vehicle should leave a post accordingly, including offer, and I will contact my parents about their interest to sell. This vehicle is as described, but it hasn't been driven in many years.

Thank you.
Justin Y

Portland, OR

#21 Dec 23, 2014
Hey I just bought a 1983 thunderbird so me my son and fiance can have safe car to drive, it needs some work but the main thing is there is some smoke coming out from underneath the engine block right where the oil dibstick disappears under the engine block can anyone tell me what the problem may be?
Son

Greenwood, IN

#22 Dec 24, 2014
Yep!
The 1983 Thunderbird I originally posted August 1, 2009 is still sitting in my parents garage as described. Let me know if you are interested.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ford Thunderbird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2003 T-Bird Radio/CD (fits 2002-2005) (Jan '06) Aug 10 walter 2
News 1988 Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe (Jul '07) Jul '15 networkman 65
2002 Ford thunderbird Spark Plug Access (Feb '14) Feb '15 syron bond 5
2002-2005 tonneau (Jan '14) Dec '14 computerlen 3
coil over plug- replace plugs - ignition prob... (Dec '06) Dec '14 Eric 99
News Movie 'stars' cruising into Lenoir (Oct '14) Oct '14 Liberal forever 1
2003 TBird body control module (Apr '14) Jul '14 Bob Nemmers 3
More from around the web