2002 Taurus cabin leak
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
blpp963

Fairbanks, AK

#81 Dec 9, 2009
jim wrote:
I have a 99 with the same problem. Not sure what it is but when it rains hard I have a lake on my passenger side floor board. Can't be heater core problem, it is rain water from good old mother nature. I sure would like to find the leak. Ford wanted to pull out my windshield and replace it for $400 bucks. I declined and bought my wife some rubber shoes.
http://www.facebook.com/photo. php?pid=2900051&id=7632611 11
The problem lies with an engineering flaw. the rain rain shield protecting the air filter and blower motor is too small to adequately stop any outside water source so in effect the water goes directly into the blower housing than too the passenger floor board.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php...
blpp963

Fairbanks, AK

#82 Dec 9, 2009
B-Smith wrote:
Seems like after being exposed to rain running down the winshield, wateris collecting in heater box or cabin filter box , or somewhere else and draining into passenger side of cabin for days after heavy rain. supposedly fixed by ford dealer twice. Once with the corner of 10/30 oil jug jammed under the cowling, then with what appeared to be a real repair kit from Ford.
Any similar reports
The problem lies with an engineering flaw. the rain rain shield protecting the air filter and blower motor is too small to adequately stop any outside water source so in effect the water goes directly into the blower housing than too the passenger floor board.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php...we have the same problem. i will be fixing it.
blpp963

Fairbanks, AK

#83 Dec 9, 2009
RoKlim13 wrote:
Have a 2001 sedan with same problem but on driver's side. Took to dealer twice; no help.
The problem lies with an engineering flaw. the rain shield protecting the air filter and blower motor is too small to adequately stop any outside water source so in effect the water goes directly into the blower housing than too the passenger floor board.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php ...
blpp963

Fairbanks, AK

#84 Dec 9, 2009
My wife's car had a lake in it every time it rained. Just the passenger side only. Strange you could hear water on the blower motor. Strange until i discovered this.
The problem lies with an engineering flaw. the rain shield protecting the air filter and blower motor is too small to adequately stop any outside water source so in effect the water goes directly into the blower housing than to the passenger floor board.
Tracy

Hilliard, OH

#85 Dec 9, 2009
RoKlim13 wrote:
Have a 2001 sedan with same problem but on driver's side. Took to dealer twice; no help.
I am having the same prolbem with my 2001 Ford Taurus. After it rains my drivers side floor board is soaking wet. Did you have any luck on finding out what the problem was? You can email me back at tracygain0317@yahoo.com.
Thanks
George

Largo, FL

#86 Feb 2, 2010
I have a 2005 Taurus and had the same problem. I did some looking around and found many models have a leak in the cowl by the cabin air filter.I had to spend 200$ for a fix because the dealer said it was not under warranty. Ford was a real let down when it came to help with this problem.
mike

Eugene, OR

#87 Mar 9, 2010
I had the same leak into the heater box with my 2002 ford taurus as mentioned in previous posts but got that fixed. I also have a trunk full of water. Any advice on how to fix that.
Rich M Illinois

Chicago Heights, IL

#88 Mar 26, 2010
Driving my 2008 ford Taurus back from Cleveland in a heavy rain i looked over to find a very large amount of water on the floor of my passenger side of the car. It was soaked with over 1 1/2" of water. with 73,000 miles on the car the dealer told me it was out of warrenty and my problem. Are you kidding me reading all these comments obviously Ford has a problem. What are we owners supposed to do to prevent their defect but they want to stick us with the bill because they can't back up their problems. I drive all over the midwest for work and talk to a minimum of 6 clients a day many of them have company cars also. Lets just say i won't be looking to buy any ford for a very long time and i plan on sharing my story as often as possible. GOOD JOB FORD WAY TO STAND BEHIND YOUR PRODUCT
John

Concord, NC

#89 Jul 25, 2010
George wrote:
I have a 2005 Taurus and had the same problem. I did some looking around and found many models have a leak in the cowl by the cabin air filter.I had to spend 200$ for a fix because the dealer said it was not under warranty. Ford was a real let down when it came to help with this problem.
Does any one know how to fix this problem? The Ford dealer sold me a rubber weather stripping for $35.00, but Im doubtfull this will work.
Nucklehead

Apopka, FL

#90 Sep 26, 2010
I recently purchased a 2002 SEL PREM Ford Taurus, as impressive as the name might sound itís nothing to feel proud about. I guess they focused on the luxury more than anything. The same week I bought this car(CASH)with only 65000 miles on it, I had to take it back for the water problem on the passenger side. The dealer kept the car for 2 days and fixed the problem, so far so good. However I also have water getting into the trunk, after a rainy day I open the trunk and the water comes down the hinges and falls inside. Now after only 6 months it has a idling problem, it looses power going up hill. I have changed every filter there is with no luck I had the feeling it might be the spark plugs so I had it diagnosed ($125.00) just to tell me it is in fact the spark plugs, now they want an extra ($450.00) to do something I can do myself. Not to mention the leather upholstery on the door panels fall of with heat, had to fix that myself. Before this car I had a 2000 SEL Hyundai Sonata full power and it was the best car I have ever had. I will continue to use my Taurus until I come across a good deal on another Sonata. No more Ford for me I had enough.
Pissed

Grand Rapids, MN

#91 Jul 9, 2011
I have spent 4 full days of summer trying to get the leaks to stop on both sides of my 03 taurus. The mold has started and the floor will rust soon. This must be the reason why they quit making it for a while.
Lester

Simpsonville, SC

#92 Jul 15, 2011
Nope...that's not the reason at all. Guess again.
dieselmaniac

Manlius, IL

#93 May 28, 2012
RoKlim13 wrote:
You realize this is only for certain years
Scott

Plainview, NY

#94 Jul 2, 2012
Im having the same issue, was wondering if the replacement of the A/C Evaporator box fixed your problem.

Sadelstein@yahoo.com

Thanks
Ira wrote:
My 2002 Taurus had water accunulating under the front passenger carpet as well. I thought that it was coming in from the cabin filter area like everyone else. It turned out to be a defective plastic A/C Evaporator box. Instead of draining outside the cabin it was draining in. Fortunately my dealer replaced the box under warrantee less my $100 deductable. That was towards the end of September. I am hoping that when summer arrives and I start to use the AC again that I do not find any more water leaks. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Scott

Plainview, NY

#95 Jul 2, 2012
2002 Taurus - Looks like in my case its coming from the A/C Condensation, some is draining out from under the car but most of is is not and is causing the passenger side rug matt to become very wet.

Was wondering if the replacement of the A/C Evaporator box would fixed this.

My wife has a 2005 Taurus and she is not having this probelm so I think that this might been a degsign problem.

Would like to file a clam with Ford on this or get some kind of case together.

E-mail me at Sadelstein@yahoo.com
jim Pennsville nj

Pennsville, NJ

#96 Aug 18, 2012
I have an 08 taurus with same problem Had it to the dealeer could not find anything
justhelpful

Marietta, OH

#97 Sep 2, 2012
Anita wrote:
Same problem with 2003 Taurus. Leaking, blower motor failed, and needs air cabin filter. Mine is also SQUEALING like crazy and does not appear to be a belt. Anyone else have that?
Thank you for all of your posts - extremely helpful!
Its the tensioner pulley. Metal on metal at start up
Nucklehead

New York, NY

#98 Dec 11, 2012
How did the dealer fix the problem? Can you email back @ jerrylightell@gmail.com
jeg

Rochester, MN

#99 Jun 24, 2013
2002ford taurus leaks through firewall on right
front same as all the others pay all taurus
oweners to have it fixed.
Drew

Gainesville, FL

#100 Sep 26, 2013
96 Taurus: I removed the cowl to replace the cabin
air filter and did not install the cowl gutter--a plastic tray that looks like a roof gutter above the
filter--properly. And it rained and the passenger side floor flooded. I reinstalled the plastic tray
and put back the cowl with some silicone cault along
the top of the cowl and I hope this works. The plastic tray installs tilted with a flap that carries the water to the passenger side wheel well. It is attached with 2 screws to the car body.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ford Taurus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How to disable Factory installed anti-theft (Sep '09) Jan 15 Ashley 22
Unexplained electrical problem with son's 1999 ... (Sep '06) Jan 6 Elizabeth 285
Automatic transmission (Apr '06) Dec '17 Paul 33
2006 Ford Taurus, 3.0 Liter V-6 Duratec Dec '17 Magturbo 1
No heat, blowers work, feels like it's stuck wi... (Aug '07) Nov '17 Dgregson 120
01 ford taurus wont start one click good battery Nov '17 Moe 1
99 Ford Taurus Stalling Out While Driving (Jun '08) Nov '17 keith 71
More from around the web