First Prev
of 5
Next Last
B-Smith

Moncton, Canada

#1 Jul 22, 2006
Seems like after being exposed to rain running down the winshield, wateris collecting in heater box or cabin filter box , or somewhere else and draining into passenger side of cabin for days after heavy rain. supposedly fixed by ford dealer twice. Once with the corner of 10/30 oil jug jammed under the cowling, then with what appeared to be a real repair kit from Ford.
Any similar reports
Just Thinking

Dearborn, MI

#2 Jul 24, 2006
Mine was doing the exact same thing with the carpet on the passenger side getting wet after rain or a good washing and my dealer fixed it by removing the trim at the bottom of the windshield and applying some silicone sealant under the trim. I haven't had any problems since then. I'm not exactly sure where the sealant was applied but it did the trick. (knock on wood)
just_me

Leduc, Canada

#3 Jul 26, 2006
My old Chevey corsica did it as well...I found that all I needed to do is tighten the unit under the grill under the windsheild as it came loose...maybe check that before doing all the extra work...
tigl

Chicopee, MA

#4 Aug 22, 2006
have a 2001 ford taurus with the same leak going thru the cabin filter compartment or around there and it went right to the a/c blower motor, the blower resistor shorted out and the a/c didn't work anymore only sometimes in high speed but still warm air coming out, blower resistor was replaced, when we installed it, it didn't work at all, and noticed that the blower motor had rusted from the water leaking down on it from where the water gets into the car around the cabin filter, replaced the blower motor which costs around 115 bucks from the dealer, now the A/c works fine and the new blower motor has a small hole in it's structure so future water can drip out of it
Randy M WI

Eckert, CO

#5 Oct 3, 2006
My 2002 Taurus wagon had the same water leaking problem. FMC has a bulletin out concerning this problem. Mounted on the fire wall of the pasenger side just below the windshield is a filter for fresh air intake. This filter is suppose to be covered by something referred to as a "Top Hat". It was missed on too many cars but never had a recall. Your carpet both front and rear will be soaked and soon start to mold and smell. There may be damage to your heater motor and resistor on the heater. Parts and labor will be about $150.00 but well worth the time and money. FMC should have had a recall for this problem!
RoKlim13

AOL

#6 Nov 13, 2006
Have a 2001 sedan with same problem but on driver's side. Took to dealer twice; no help.
RoKlim13

AOL

#7 Nov 14, 2006
Go to http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/ to file a defect complaint; who knows, it might do something.
William Ford

Apo, AP

#8 Dec 7, 2006
I am considering a small claims suit against Ford for EXACTLY the same problem I spent $160 for attempts to fix the water leak into the passenger cabin then $205 to replace the air blower which shorted out from water damage. This is clearly a manufacturer's defect and should be repaired by Ford. I would love to hear from anyone else at my email: williamford61@hotmail.com
Geneingeorgia

United States

#9 Dec 31, 2006
where is the blower resistor located? i just replaced my blower motor in my 97 taurus and blower still only works on high setting. any help apprciated - chilton's manual does not show location and i assume a dealer only part at this point.
tigl wrote:
have a 2001 ford taurus with the same leak going thru the cabin filter compartment or around there and it went right to the a/c blower motor, the blower resistor shorted out and the a/c didn't work anymore only sometimes in high speed but still warm air coming out, blower resistor was replaced, when we installed it, it didn't work at all, and noticed that the blower motor had rusted from the water leaking down on it from where the water gets into the car around the cabin filter, replaced the blower motor which costs around 115 bucks from the dealer, now the A/c works fine and the new blower motor has a small hole in it's structure so future water can drip out of it
Kent Anderson

Spokane, WA

#10 Jan 9, 2007
tigl wrote:
Where is this filter and how can I spot it. I did see an access pannel on the dash on the passenger side. This leak is pissing me off. Please help!@!!!
shane frampton

Canada

#11 Jan 11, 2007
Kent Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>Where is this filter and how can I spot it. I did see an access pannel on the dash on the passenger side. This leak is pissing me off. Please help!@!!!
the filter is located under the panel under the wiper arms on the passenger side the filter is $18.00. I got the same problem as you please post the problem if you know what it is.
Keith

United States

#12 Jan 25, 2007
this site has pictures of changing the air cabin filter on a 93 Sable. I have a 2000 Taurus that just developed a leak and the parts are almost identical to what is shown in these pictures of the Sable. Here is the url to the pictures http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/index.php...

Apparently on 2001 through 2003 there is a technical service bulletin that calls for replacing the rain shield about the air cabin filter with a larger shield and doing some other changes using a sealant. Here is the url to the TSB. Maybe taking this to your dealer or perhaps a different dealer will get them on the right track.
Keith

United States

#13 Jan 25, 2007
Sorry left of the site for the TSB for the rain shield. http://www.fcsdchemicalsandlubricants.com/fad...
Binary Jay

Toronto, Canada

#14 Feb 5, 2007
In case anybody is still watching this, the blower motor resistor on the 97 taurus is located just to the left of the blower motor iself. It's inset and held by two bolts and has one wiring harness into it.

Remove the glovebox and the kicker panel (easy, just a few bolts) and you can get at it easily. It's a fairly cheap part to replace. In my 99 Taurus, this part was so rusty that it crumbled in my hands when I replaced it.

Currently, my blower motor also needs replacing as the only way I can get it to start is by wacking it hard a few times with a hammer. Kind of ghetto, but it works.
Geneingeorgia wrote:
where is the blower resistor located? i just replaced my blower motor in my 97 taurus and blower still only works on high setting. any help apprciated - chilton's manual does not show location and i assume a dealer only part at this point.
<quoted text>
Jenny

Friday Harbor, WA

#15 Feb 18, 2007
Just bought a used Ford Taurus 2002 wagon last month and found soon after that water pools up on the passanger floor. I'm trying to research this problem and came across this web site. I don't have anything helpful to add but am just chiming in that my car has this same problem. Why didn't Ford do a recall? I just spent over $8,000 and this car has this problem right away and now its also starting to have electrical probems such as the door ajar light won't go out and the overhead light doesn't come on when you open the front doors (only the back doors).
Ira

AOL

#16 Feb 21, 2007
My 2002 Taurus had water accunulating under the front passenger carpet as well. I thought that it was coming in from the cabin filter area like everyone else. It turned out to be a defective plastic A/C Evaporator box. Instead of draining outside the cabin it was draining in. Fortunately my dealer replaced the box under warrantee less my $100 deductable. That was towards the end of September. I am hoping that when summer arrives and I start to use the AC again that I do not find any more water leaks. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
jim

United States

#17 Mar 30, 2007
I have a 99 with the same problem. Not sure what it is but when it rains hard I have a lake on my passenger side floor board. Can't be heater core problem, it is rain water from good old mother nature. I sure would like to find the leak. Ford wanted to pull out my windshield and replace it for $400 bucks. I declined and bought my wife some rubber shoes.
JJC352

United States

#18 Apr 10, 2007
HAD SAME PROBLEM WITH MY 01 TAURUS. EVERY TIME IT WOULD RAIN I WOULD HAVE A SMALL LAKE IN THE PASSENGER FLOOR. IT'S A LEAK AROUND THE PASSENGER SIDE CORNER OF THE WINDSHIELD. YOU CAN TAKE A TUBE OF SILICONE AND FILL THE UNDERSIDE OF THE PLASTIC PART THAT COVERS THE WINDSHIELD AND THE LEAK WILL STOP. THIS LEAK WILL SHORT OUT THE BLOWER MOTOR IF YOU DON'T STOP IT. FORD KNOWS ABOUT THIS PROBLEM, BUT WANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT.IT WAS ONE OF THERE TECHS THAT TOLD ME HOW TO FIX MY CAR. HOPE I HAVE BEEN OF HELP.
Nancy

Kansas City, MO

#19 Apr 11, 2007
I got in my 2002 Taurus wagon this morning to find a nice deep puddle on the front passenger floor. I thought it was just my car that was a lemon but apparently they all are. Thanks for all the tips.
Allen

Sandy, TX

#20 Apr 26, 2007
Same problem with my 03 Taurus. Filed a complaint already!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ford Taurus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
turus burps tmf from filler tube. Sep 14 Keith 1
No heat, blowers work, feels like it's stuck wi... (Aug '07) Sep 8 Mark 86
2003 Taurus 3.0L engine. Coolant leak. Sep 5 Danford1 1
99 Ford Taurus Stalling Out While Driving (Jun '08) Aug 31 She from IN 57
2002 Ford Taurus Enging Squeak (Nov '07) Aug 22 adam 51
No dash lights & turn signal arrows stay on (Dec '10) Jul '14 Rick 3
'99 Ford Taurus leaking from the firewall (Dec '06) Jul '14 jason 55

Buy a New Car

Zipcode:
•••