Ford recalling 3.6 million vehicles

Full story: KUSA Denver

Ford is recalling 3.6 million passenger cars, trucks, SUVs and vans to address concerns about a cruise control switch.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
Tricky

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2007

My folks new T Bird went back to the dealer 17 times to work the bugs out of it. An you wonder why GM / Ford are failing.
homechief

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2007

Tricky wrote:
My folks new T Bird went back to the dealer 17 times to work the bugs out of it. An you wonder why GM / Ford are failing.
They hired crackheads for quality control.
Bravo061

Windermere, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2007

Yeah, my Dad always said never buy a Monday car....

Since: May 07

Broomfield, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2007

Models built up to 2007? The latest model I saw recalled on that list was 04. So, either they didn't put all models on that list or 9 news needs to read their stories before they post them.
Boone

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2007

And they wonder why America is failing. Lets see I can't think of one good american product-Ummm. I got nothing. Most of our companies outsource and we answer to Jane who has a thick indian accent, and lets see go to American McDonalds.. Oble Espaniol? If not you better order #1 #2 #3... COmeon people keep america in focus here, not how to save a buck!
just dismayed

Fort Morgan, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2007

Tricky wrote:
They didn't get a new one under the lemon law?

“We're all screwed now”

Since: Jul 07

Colorado high country

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2007

Found On Road Dead. I would not own a F.O.R.D. if it was given to me. They just need to give up....
Former Ford Owner

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2007

cuttershelper wrote:
Found On Road Dead. I would not own a F.O.R.D. if it was given to me. They just need to give up....
haha ou beat me to the punchline! I owned a Mustang in the 90's,a Fairmont, both JUNK, I also owned Chevys, JUNK, the only American made car I would even consider buying they dont make anymore...Oldsmobile, I had one of those and never had any problems with it.
lss

Pueblo, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2007

At ford quality is #1
ems

Port Richey, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2007

I feel the same way about NOT buying another Ford. I am on my third one and am tired of recalls. I used to drive Chevy and had nothing but problems and recalls. The dealership would not even fix the problems. I was thinking of going into Toyota or Nissan. But was critisized for not being loyal to my fellow working American and supporting 3rd world countries and their "rice burners". But after recently being a victim of a "rear-end" collisionwith a Dodge RAM Quad4, I may stay with Ford. The RAM sustained more damage than the back of my little Escape and I was not hurt. This also happened to me with a Ford Ranger many years ago. I had a damaged bumper and the other vehicle had severe damage. Thankfull I was not in a Pinto...LOL.
ems

Port Richey, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2007

By the way, I am not involved in this recall. I already had one. Actually 3. Fill in the blanks. F_____ O_____ R_____ D_______!!!
ron

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2007

homechief wrote:
<quoted text>
They hired crackheads for quality control.
They don't build in America only assemble we need to get back to doing it all on our own. before we get in a position we can't do for ourselves.

“We're all screwed now”

Colorado high country

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2007

"haha you beat me to the punchline! I owned a Mustang in the 90's,a Fairmont, both JUNK, I also owned Chevys, JUNK, the only American made car I would even consider buying they dont make anymore...Oldsmobile, I had one of those and never had any problems with it"

Sorry FFO, for owning Fords and beating you to it. I owned two mustangs, 1976 Mustang II and a 1980 Ghia, and they were both crap. I have had my Dodge Ram 1500 for 12 years now and you could not pry it away from me. It's big, intimidating and gets me where most others won't. Gas mileage is not so great but it is not driven much. Also have a Chev. Malibu that has been a great little car that gets good mileage and has great handling. I am from a strict Ford family and have literally been disowned after purchasing the Dodge. Funny though, the family is now on their fourth Ford since.....go figure.
Tricky

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2007

I'm not sure the lemon law was there in 1978,the oldman was ford all the way - that was the car he wanted. I still have it an told it's worth 20g but nobody buying.
just dismayed wrote:
<quoted text>
They didn't get a new one under the lemon law?
Photo Op

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2007

More decline of America on the way, this will hurt sales more, cut more American middle class jobs, yet the CEO of ford makes 120 million a year. Too bad our govt has been taken over by the corporations.

USA RIP 9-11
DodgeGrl

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2007

cuttershelper wrote:
Another you could put is....
F f^c%ed
O over
R rebulit
D dishwasher

Yes, you can actually put a Ford's engine into the dishwasher and use it for a motor and vice versa, but why would you put a Ford motor in a dishwasher, you might as well wash the dishes by hand!!
DodgeGrl

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2007

My family and I have ALWAYS owned Dodge vehicles, my dad has a Chevy Conversion van that is a piece of junk and he wants to get rid of it, we also have a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 Conversion Van that looks brand new, and I LOVE it!!! You could not pry me away from it or and other Dodge for that matter.
I am a car buff and have the love for Chrysler products and always will.(no matter who owns them, and I know there's no way Ford will own them, so I'm happy)
Cuttershelper, since your family disowned you for owning a Dodge, you can come over here with us.

“We're all screwed now”

Colorado high country

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2007

DodgeGrl wrote:
My family and I have ALWAYS owned Dodge vehicles, my dad has a Chevy Conversion van that is a piece of junk and he wants to get rid of it, we also have a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 Conversion Van that looks brand new, and I LOVE it!!! You could not pry me away from it or and other Dodge for that matter.
I am a car buff and have the love for Chrysler products and always will.(no matter who owns them, and I know there's no way Ford will own them, so I'm happy)
Cuttershelper, since your family disowned you for owning a Dodge, you can come over here with us.
Thank you Dodge girl, mighty kind of you to take me in. My Ram is a 1995 shortbed with a 318 and a 5-spd stick, 4WD, but it still to this day can rock most other vehicles and outclimb any Ford. I don't believe it is what is under the hood but who is behind the wheel. The only major problem I have had, an it was just this past July, was that the pinion nut started backing off(little to my knowlwdge)and all of a sudden started grinding.$2000 dollars later(and a complete rear axle rebuild)my baby is back and running great. I perform routine maintenance on it every 3000 miles and it shows. LOVE the "F*^$^d Over Repaired Dishwasher comment, whomever stated it. THAT was funny and I have never heard it before. One of my Ford "friends"(actually is a dear friend, despite owning a Ford)said Dodge stood for "Dead On Driveway Going EEEEEEE..... Now I have a new one for him, thanks.

“We're all screwed now”

Colorado high country

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2007

Sorry Dodgegirl, I'll try to read who posts before I do. Good joke with the dishwasher comment.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ford Taurus SHO Discussions

Search the Ford Taurus SHO Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Ford To Enter EcoBoost-Powered Race Car In 24 H... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Paradigm 2
2013 Ford SHO (Oct '13) Oct '13 Chieftwobears 2
Ford celebrates Ohio plant reopening (May '09) Jul '13 Musikologist 8
Oil Smell in 2010 Ford Taurus SHO (Jan '11) Jun '13 anthony 7
sho exhaust (Jun '13) Jun '13 waldo 1
Lawsuit Claims Defects in Ford EcoBoost 3.5-Lit... (May '13) May '13 GMCman 1
sho for sale (Jan '13) Jan '13 mike 1
•••

Buy a New Car