Ford Announces Recall

Full story: WGRZ Buffalo 7
Ford is recalling 3.6 million passenger cars, trucks, SUVs and vans to address concerns about a cruise control switch. Full Story
jbolean

Buffalo, NY

#1 Aug 3, 2007
First hand, they do catch on fire and are a total loss. Christmas eve 2004. Now no course of action. Ford did not "have a problem" then. The only reason they are doing anything now is because most of the cars are off the road.
E Amherst

Lewiston, ME

#2 Aug 4, 2007
that has to suck. I hope you werent burned or anyone else was hurt.
baby

Athol Springs, NY

#3 Aug 4, 2007
american cars are the worst. ive always owned chevys. the trade in values suck. too many recalls. thats why people tend to go with a foreign car. better trade in value lasts longer. why not go foreign. we import enough of it already. go with the flow.
Bob

United States

#4 Aug 4, 2007
I own a 1990 Ford Crown Victoria, never had a problem with it and its still on the road. I would buy another Crown Vic in a heartbeat, I would never buy another GM Model had a Buick Roadmaster worst car ever built...
Batavia

Batavia, NY

#5 Aug 8, 2007
jbolean wrote:
First hand, they do catch on fire and are a total loss. Christmas eve 2004. Now no course of action. Ford did not "have a problem" then. The only reason they are doing anything now is because most of the cars are off the road.
Last year the side impact airbag on my Ford Windstar deployed out of nowhere while I was driving- airbags aren't supposed to deploy like that without an accident. I reported it to Ford and the NHTSA (which already had other reports of the same thing) and they didn't have "enough" of a problem to issue a recall. After a huge fight with Ford and a costly repair, the most they could tell me was save the receipt from the repair- IF (!) we ever recall for that reason you will be reimbursed. But someone could be seriously injured, and they have such a cavalier attitude about safety at Ford. I am convinced now that it is the last Ford I will ever buy.

“Aren't we all on the same team”

Since: Aug 07

West Seneca

#6 Aug 8, 2007
FORD = fix or repair daily. Just got rid of the very last Ford I'll ever own!
Dumb Redneck

Greensboro, NC

#7 Aug 9, 2007
Ford is turding all over the American consumer with poorly designed and manufactured vehicles.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ford Taurus SHO Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ford To Enter EcoBoost-Powered Race Car In 24 H... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Paradigm 2
2013 Ford SHO (Oct '13) Oct '13 Chieftwobears 2
Ford celebrates Ohio plant reopening (May '09) Jul '13 Musikologist 8
Oil Smell in 2010 Ford Taurus SHO (Jan '11) Jun '13 anthony 7
sho exhaust (Jun '13) Jun '13 waldo 1
Lawsuit Claims Defects in Ford EcoBoost 3.5-Lit... (May '13) May '13 GMCman 1
sho for sale (Jan '13) Jan '13 mike 1

Buy a New Car

Zipcode:
•••