First Prev
of 7
Next Last
John

Keller, TX

#1 Jun 13, 2006
I have a 94 Ranger 2.3 L with plugs on both the
intake and exaust.
It started running rough so I changed the plugs.
Still running rough ... then I noticed that the #2
plug was not firing on either side, intake or exaust.
Could it be the ignition module or something else.
Jon

United States

#2 Aug 15, 2006
check your ignition coil
joey

Timmins, Canada

#3 Nov 30, 2006
i have a 1989 ford ranger 2.9 lit the truck starts and runs fine. Only when it runs for about 10 mins the trucks stalls. But if i wait 2 or 5 min the truck will start again and do the same thing over.

What do u think the problem could be ?

THANKS
kris

Schenectady, NY

#4 Dec 10, 2006
check the module it may need to go on the computer at a shop, it is a two sided problem, the likely hood of both the intake side coil and the exuast side coil both going bad at the same time are 1000-1
kris

Schenectady, NY

#5 Dec 10, 2006
sounds like an injector problem, or an air leak into the fuel line
edward

AOL

#6 Dec 21, 2006
I have a 1986 ranger 2.9 v6 . every time I try to see pics they only show me the conage motor whats up
Mike

United States

#7 Feb 12, 2007
I have a 1988 2 door Ford Ranger. I came home this morning from work when it is was snowing. At about 8 this morning, I went to start it at 8am. The steering is locked and can't get the key turn from the locked position. I wiggled the steering wheel. I have my feet on the cluth and brake at the same time when trying to start it. It has always started when doing this.
Jess

United States

#8 Mar 6, 2007
I have a 1996 ford ranger 2.3L, manual, 2wheel drive. these trucks, and fords in general are know for ignition problems, well last week my ignition switch finnaly gave way. I had to stall the truck and disconnect the battery to stop it form running. I replaced the part today and now with the steering wheel locked, and no key in the radio is on. Is there anyone out there that can help, I dont even know where to start to fix the problem. For the last couple of years I could start the truck without the key.
PJC

Livingston, TX

#9 Mar 7, 2007
make sure your wire connections are correct
jerry

AOL

#10 Mar 21, 2007
help i have a 96 ranger 2.3 stick starts and runs fine drive it 6 miles wont start untill it sits a wile have replaced crankshaft position senser were do i go from here
steve

Virginia Beach, VA

#11 Mar 29, 2007
I have a key broke off in my ingnition how do I take it out to temp drive it until I get a new one
Paul

United States

#12 Apr 9, 2007
I have a 1988 Ford Ranger. When I turn the key to the start position, the truck starts and runs, as long as I hold the key in the start position. However, once I release the key and let it fall into the run position, the truck kills. Any help?
josh

United States

#13 Feb 9, 2008
drove into water the truck cut off and will not crank, will not turn over,
Arfer

Jeffersonton, VA

#14 Feb 12, 2008
I plan to buy a great looking 97 Ranger....Never owned a Ford....think this is a good idea to purchase for those that own an older ranger?
Jennifer

United States

#15 Jun 17, 2008
I have a 1988 Ford Ranger. I drove it 6 blocks from my house and it died. Its turns over and wants to start but wont???((Would anyonw have any Idea why?)) I had someone take the fuel filter while I pumped the gas and no gas was coming through. The car seems to be fine the only thing I dont understand is why its not running? LOL could it be the fuel pump? Please help me.. It's stuck in an ali way and I would like to fix it and get it out or back to my home. If you know what this my be please let me know.

Thanks
Antonio

Hesperia, CA

#16 Jun 27, 2008
Paul wrote:
I have a 1988 Ford Ranger. When I turn the key to the start position, the truck starts and runs, as long as I hold the key in the start position. However, once I release the key and let it fall into the run position, the truck kills. Any help?
I had the same problem, it's your ignition switch. I paid 11.00 dollars for it at AutoZone.
david

Westville, IL

#17 Aug 13, 2008
Help when i turn the key nothing happens the battery is fine and sometimes i can hear the starter clicking but nothing, so how do i take out an ignition on a 1994 ford ranger??????? Or could there be another problem i'm not thinking of?
Stephen

Wentzville, MO

#18 Aug 26, 2008
I have a 1997 Ford Ranger Xlt, I lost the key to it and was just not turning the switch all the way back. Then someone did, so I have been using a screwdriver to start it. I have already broke a few teeth off but there is one left. What is the name of the part that I should be looking for to get this tuck back to where I can start it with a key? Someone told me to get a whole new steering column but I looked at them and I didn't think that would fix it.
Art

New York, NY

#19 Sep 25, 2008
I have a 1996 Ford Ranger 3.0 2 wheel drive automatic. It won't start some mornings, and sometimes will start that afternoon, sometimes won't start for 3 days, then will start for a week, then will decide not to start for a couple days. When it starts it sterts right away. When it doesn't start it doesn't have any spark. I have replaced the spark plugs, the spark plug wires and the coil (this truck does not have a distributor, the spark plug wires go into the coil.) Any ideas?
joshwa

Coraopolis, PA

#20 Oct 4, 2008
joey wrote:
i have a 1989 ford ranger 2.9 lit the truck starts and runs fine. Only when it runs for about 10 mins the trucks stalls. But if i wait 2 or 5 min the truck will start again and do the same thing over.
What do u think the problem could be ?
THANKS
/well i had same problem. mine was the o2 sensor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ford Ranger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2002 Ford Ranger won't start (May '12) Jan 27 edwin22 20
2010 xlt ranger starts with 4x4 light on but sw... Jan 26 Ruffy 1
2002 Ranger 4x4 Automatic Transmission problem (Mar '07) Jan 26 Ruffy 87
electrical 98 ranger Jan 24 gmd2k1 1
replaced slave cylinder and master cylinder on ... (Sep '08) Jan 24 tersia van deventer 20
2002 ranger misfire rough idle (Jul '07) Jan 18 Mee 193
Check Engine light flashing- Loss of power (Jan '09) Jan 18 JFA02 112
More from around the web