Contractors are buying new trucks, a ...

Contractors are buying new trucks, a sign that economic recovery is...

There are 21 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jul 10, 2010, titled Contractors are buying new trucks, a sign that economic recovery is.... In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Heating and cooling contractor John Blevins' new Ford F-150 XL is the first addition to his fleet in four years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
the truth

Newark, OH

#1 Jul 10, 2010
Union contractors do not count with the Obama stash of cash. Our cash is being taken from us and given to unions.
Jack

Columbus, OH

#2 Jul 10, 2010
Dems taking care of the unions. Maybe we should check who is on the payroll at our local governments on contracts that go unbid.....
really

Columbus, OH

#3 Jul 10, 2010
The predictable, lame media. You'll be seeing a lot of this in an election year when Democrats stand to lose many seats.
The recession is over. Nothing to see here.

“Time traveler”

Since: Apr 10

At large

#4 Jul 10, 2010
What on earth does the unions or Obama have to do with this article?

Thank goodness business is picking up and the companies can replace some of their old worn out equipment.

Get a life people.
Obozo the Clown

Windsor, CA

#5 Jul 10, 2010

Since: Apr 10

Worthington, OH

#6 Jul 10, 2010
The Associated Press reporter really wanted to make his report convince readers the economy is "shifting into higher gear." He did not convince me.

At the current job creation rate, it could take decade or more to drop the high unemployment rate to an acceptable level.

Too many people are out of a job, losing their homes and this clownish reporter thinks he can spin a story. He is a fool.
Parasite Government

Columbus, OH

#7 Jul 10, 2010
Where I am working, they are starting another round of lay-offs. What they are doing this time is getting rid of a lot of long time, or older employees.

It is getting uglier out there as companies plan for the higher health care and other taxes.
Dublinindependen t

Lima, OH

#8 Jul 10, 2010
CMH Rick wrote:
What on earth does the unions or Obama have to do with this article?
Thank goodness business is picking up and the companies can replace some of their old worn out equipment.
Get a life people.
If anyone needs to get a life you can see him in the mirror. Virtually everything that is driving the pickup sales is TEMPORARY business driven by Obama'S TEMPORARY spending. If they are ever going to replace or add to equipment it is during the TEMPORARY flow of cash. Worst of all is that it is being done with money that our grandchildren will have to repay to the Chinese.
Country Blumpkin

New York, NY

#9 Jul 10, 2010
Dublinindependent wrote:
<quoted text>
If anyone needs to get a life you can see him in the mirror. Virtually everything that is driving the pickup sales is TEMPORARY business driven by Obama'S TEMPORARY spending. If they are ever going to replace or add to equipment it is during the TEMPORARY flow of cash. Worst of all is that it is being done with money that our grandchildren will have to repay to the Chinese.
Whoa! You need to get a grip. Where does it say in the article that contractors are receiving stimulus cash? All it said was that this particular small business owner was buying a truck. Apparently this small business owner sees business picking up.

Why do you hate the small business man so much?
the truth

Newark, OH

#10 Jul 10, 2010
Country Blumpkin wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa! You need to get a grip. Where does it say in the article that contractors are receiving stimulus cash? All it said was that this particular small business owner was buying a truck. Apparently this small business owner sees business picking up.
Why do you hate the small business man so much?
Nice try to twist it, the only small business getting any thing is Unions and the brwon shirt SS,KKK racist thugs working for them fool. Obama big ears bin laden attacks small business as we all know who wok for a living not getting handouts and card check BS pay offs.
Harrysmom

Grove City, OH

#11 Jul 11, 2010
I would like to introduce my son, Harry, to you. I think you 2 would make a cute couple.
the truth

Newark, OH

#12 Jul 11, 2010
Harrysmom wrote:
I would like to introduce my son, Harry, to you. I think you 2 would make a cute couple.
You should cahnge your diper as much as you change your name on here. And by the way nazi like my teabag.
Harrysmom

Grove City, OH

#13 Jul 11, 2010
Cahnge your diper?
hamburger pimp

Columbus, OH

#14 Jul 11, 2010
OK, everybody- close your eyes, stick your fingers in your ears and hum "Kumbaya" very loudly until a GOOD piece of economic news comes along.
Realist

Grove City, OH

#15 Jul 11, 2010
hamburger pimp wrote:
OK, everybody- close your eyes, stick your fingers in your ears and hum "Kumbaya" very loudly until a GOOD piece of economic news comes along.
How about until the haters stop whining?
hamburger pimp

Columbus, OH

#16 Jul 11, 2010
Realist wrote:
<quoted text>How about until the haters stop whining?
Hey chief, take a look at the NY Times quarterly mutual funds report that came out today and then tell people to "stop whining" - large cap, mid cap, and small cap funds all lost value. Precious metals stocks was the only fund sector that scored a gain. I thought the mere presence of a Democrat in the White House was supposed to make everything instantly all better.
the truth

Newark, OH

#17 Jul 11, 2010
Harrysmom wrote:
Cahnge your diper?
That dammmm Whitehouse web site invading our PC's did it again, and you talk about Bush when Obama is doing more un-homeland security then Bush could have thought of to invade privacy.
Realist

Grove City, OH

#18 Jul 12, 2010
hamburger pimp wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey chief, take a look at the NY Times quarterly mutual funds report that came out today and then tell people to "stop whining" - large cap, mid cap, and small cap funds all lost value. Precious metals stocks was the only fund sector that scored a gain. I thought the mere presence of a Democrat in the White House was supposed to make everything instantly all better.
Negative Nancy is what you are. Always looking for the negative.
Negative Nancy

Columbus, OH

#19 Jul 14, 2010
Realist wrote:
<quoted text>Negative Nancy is what you are. Always looking for the negative.
Hey, thanks for the new screen name, ace. Show me some positive economic news that outweighs the bad news and I'll take a nice big glass of Obama-ade along with you. BTW, how'd your 401(k) do this quarter? I'll bet it did better than mine because you THINK POSITIVELY.
the truth

Green Forest, AR

#20 Jul 14, 2010
Realist wrote:
<quoted text>Negative Nancy is what you are. Always looking for the negative.
You want something positive about the marxist, racist muslim man child.
OK here it is.
When Diseny comes out with a remake of Dumbo Obama has the job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ford Pickup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Detroit revs up for 2015 North American Interna... (Jan '15) Jan '15 reality is a crutch 1
News Reason to be thankful - crude oil price drops b... (Dec '14) Dec '14 pdoodle 1
News Possible Problems With Ford Pickup Eco-Engines (May '13) Sep '13 daisyjohn 2
transportaion blog (Dec '12) Dec '12 Grandor 1
News China Rips Off Ford Pickup (Feb '12) Feb '12 The Man 1
fuel mileage (Jun '11) Jun '11 Jack 1
1998 f150 door lock sensor (Nov '10) Nov '10 frankie 1
More from around the web