Auto Design Flaw Becomes Costly Mistake

Sep 6, 2007 Full story: KIROTV

“I kind of knew a lot of the mechanics down there, and I trusted them, I thought. But things kind of changed”

A Northwest couple warns how you could get stuck paying for someone else's mistake. via KIROTV

Full Story
Ford Spark Plug Repair

United States

#1 Sep 15, 2007
Know your options. The dealership or service center will generally offer the most costly repair - removing, rethreading, possibly replacing the cylinder head. Contact Phil at www.pgsparkplugrepair.com for inexpensive repair information.
ken-2003 Navigator

Orange, CA

#2 Feb 6, 2008
what is the scoop on the spark plugs? i've been warned not to get them changed on the 100k check up.
Ford Spark Plug Repair

United States

#3 Feb 7, 2008
ken-2003 Navigator wrote:
what is the scoop on the spark plugs? i've been warned not to get them changed on the 100k check up.
Ken, get them changed at 100k. The danger is the torque of the new plugs. Ford recommends 15-17 lbs., while we recommend 20-25 lbs. of torque. Remember, an aluminum cylinder head will experience expansion and contraction. Visit www.PGSparkPlugRepair.com for more info.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ford Navigator Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ASK THE AUTO DOCTOR: Steering wheel lock-up has... (Jul '08) Dec '12 liner 16
Ford takes $250 million Government loan to boos... (Aug '10) Aug '10 Truckin 21
Ford Cars and Trucks Inlcuded in Recall (Mar '08) May '10 Skabbie 3
Ford forcing shutdown of Fern Valley plant for ... (Nov '08) Nov '08 joe 1
Ford Sale Drop Dramatically, Down 19 Percent (Aug '07) Aug '07 Bill 1
More from around the web