2000 F350 7.3 turbo diesel power stroke
Roger

United States

#101 Apr 6, 2011
Ron,

Thanks for the advice. I will be buying another cam shaft position sensor soon. I had Autozone hook it up to get a read but even though my service engine light is on their computer shows it as all good. I may break down and buy one of the $350 snap-ons that are good for diesels.
JAY CAIRO GA

Moultrie, GA

#102 Apr 13, 2011
lee wrote:
have a 2000 7.3 f-450 it runs good and then it hesitates losses power and a lot of white smoke replaced the idm drove around the block and ran fine next mourn did the same thing i can cut it off and let it sit anr most of the time it will run good for a short period of time can this be the cam shaft sensor figure its electronic because how intermidant does this real bad if idles a while
WHITE SMOKE IS A COUPLE OF THINGS; LOW FUEL OR NO FUEL.
TEST FUEL PRESS FIRST 53PIS FOR 70 FOR INTERNATIONAL,
MAKE SHURE THE FUEL RELEASE IN THE BOWL IS WORKING,
INJECTOR SEALS ARE HERE A BIG PROBLEM EMAIL ME FOR MORE [email protected]
joey

United States

#103 Apr 30, 2011
i have a 2000 f350 powerstroke and there is oil in the fuel filter. does anyone know what may be causing that?
Billy

Rochester, KY

#104 May 3, 2011
2002 F350 7.3 My truck starts and run great and after about 30 minutes of driving it will shut down and won't start back for about 30 min or so. Showed a p1212 and p1211, changed the ICP sensor but still the same.
fast fred

Fort Plain, NY

#105 Jun 6, 2011
Ron wrote:
2002 ford 7.3 turbo powerstroke shuts off randomly but it starts right back up like nothing happened. If your going down the road and it does it, it will catch it self and keep running. but at an idle it will die. does anyone know whaat the problem may be?
the shifter has a wire in it for the overdrive button. the wire is likely rubbing on the steering column. this (amazingly) shorts out the ignition circuit and the truck turns "off" for a second.. after awhile you will start blowing fuses.

you have to replace the whole shifter, its like 60$ and takes about 30 min and a screwdriver.. not hard.

ford knows ALL about this problem they don't want to admit it tho. My opinion, its deff a factory issue.
ryan

United States

#106 Jul 17, 2011
I tryed the cam sensor but still wont start it just crankes
aaron ca

Yucaipa, CA

#107 Aug 5, 2011
just got the truck 5 days ago, it started fine every day but it did not start this morning, would not turn over fast enough to start. then charged the battries still nothing, replaced the starter, would turn over fast for 30 sec. still no fire. Iam stumped!
Larry

Virginia, IL

#108 Aug 8, 2011
Ron wrote:
2002 ford 7.3 turbo powerstroke shuts off randomly but it starts right back up like nothing happened. If your going down the road and it does it, it will catch it self and keep running. but at an idle it will die. does anyone know whaat the problem may be?
It's the cam position sensor. There was a recall on them. Mine did the exact same thing as your describing, and that what was wrong with mine.
scott

Midland, MI

#109 Aug 12, 2011
Ron wrote:
cam censer had same thing easy fixe
scott

Midland, MI

#110 Aug 12, 2011
cam censer had same thing easy fixe
Ramcam

United States

#111 Aug 17, 2011
Yea cam sensor I had the same problem while pulling a 26000lbs load it lost alot of power but I changed the cam sensor and it pulled easily don't listen to mechanics they pull ur money out of ur pocket
eric

Ann Arbor, MI

#112 Aug 18, 2011
julie wrote:
our 7.3 powerstroke had a stroke - won't run, surges and dies they'vehad it in 3 times now and "nothing is wrong", anyone else have this problem
my 2000 f350 was doing the same thing 2 dealers and 3 sensors later i replaced the alt and the problem was gone.
Andrew

Glendale, AZ

#113 Sep 1, 2011
To add to Patrick's comment, the cam shaft position sensor has gone out three times in my 2000 Ford 350 over the last 11 years. I paid to have it replaced the first time at around $100. Later, I found out that the part cost about $30 at Autozone or Napa and requires the removal of one bolt and one electrical connector. Total time to change is about 10 mins once you know where to look: Front of engine under crankshaft pulley.
Adam

Clare, MI

#114 Sep 6, 2011
I have an 02 F350 with the 7.3 Sometimes after idle when I hit the gas I get no response. After a few seconds I can get it to accelerate again. I'm starting to notice is I mash the brakes and hit the gas the truck will respond right away. Can anybody point me into the right direction on where I should start looking for the problem?
540BRW

Belle Plaine, IA

#115 Sep 18, 2011
Callahan wrote:
I'm having a problem with oil consumption on my 2002 f350 7.3 turbo diesel its using about 2 quarts every 150miles Rotella 15 40w any ideas>?
change oil to Mobil 15/40
540BRW

Belle Plaine, IA

#116 Sep 18, 2011
henry wrote:
<quoted text> be careful what type oil you use, i was told that the wrong type will cause foaming and will cause the injectors to act funny causing a bucking going down the road. i use rotella in mine and so far so good,but after reading comments about (ash)mabe i should check further?
use Mobil 15/40 Rotella breaks down to fast
540BRW

Belle Plaine, IA

#117 Sep 18, 2011
TMY wrote:
While driving down the road the motor will pull itself down, and I can hear a loud blowing sound coming from the passenger side floorboard. If I let off the gas or give it gas it will go back to normal.It doesn't do this all the time. Any ideas on whats wrong with it.
it's the waste gate on your turbo opening and bleeding off the pressure so you don't blow the turbo up, and when you step on the throttle the waste gate closes allowing the turbo pressure to return to the engine intake.
cruz trucking

Asheville, NC

#118 Sep 26, 2011
I have 350 4x4 automatic won't go in 2nd or drive gear what might be problem anyone help me.? 1st and reverse good.
dennis

Manteca, CA

#119 Sep 28, 2011
2002 f 350 died and turns over but won't start any ideas
Bob

Dallas, TX

#120 Nov 2, 2011
Have a 2000 f-350 started running real bad like I was running on a couple of cylinders. Now wont even attempt to start.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ford F-350 Super Duty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
f350 dually gas, gauge for front tank not reading 6 hr SummerLuv 1
F-350 4X4 drive train vibration (Feb '07) Oct '17 John gecan 70
99 F350 7.3 dually Consistant fuel system probl... (Jun '10) Oct '17 1darkknight 29
Lockout hubs stuck! Sep '17 Mike 1
350 8' boxes Aug '17 Slandy 1
2005 super duty 8' box what years will fit ? Aug '17 Slandy 1
Smog time Aug '17 Mark holdbrooks 1
More from around the web