mary

Calhoun, GA

#81 Jul 7, 2010
pneeb wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I had the same issue. You may have a bad cam sensor. This will cause the engine to shut off randomly at idle or while going below 15 MPH. A good tech should be able to troubleshoot this, if they can't consider going somewhere else. After the cam sensor was replaced on my 2000 F350 I have had zero issues. Best of luck.../Patrick
Ive had this replaced on my 200 F350 & didnt help one bit....still haveing major isssues w/it
Roper95

Pineville, LA

#82 Jul 20, 2010
We have a 1999 F.350 and it is a powerhouse. The only problem we ever had was that the alternator went out on it. it has 359,000 miles on it and it is in excellent condition. Couldnt ask for a better truck. It pulls a horse trailer fine, and we have hauled trackhoes, tractors, and lots of hay with it. It gets grat milege and no wear and tear if you take care of it like we've been doin.
david 2002 f350

Blair, OK

#83 Aug 7, 2010
have a 02f350 hasnt started in three days. changed icp,cps, twice, fuel reg.,hpop. has 20# oil pres. fuel out of filter drain. anyone have any ideas.
Rick

Chesapeake, VA

#84 Aug 15, 2010
My 2000 finaly had it's last day on the original batteries in 2008 and a Toyota Tundra jumped me with no problem. The bad thing was spending the $200 getting batteries at 9 p.m. from autozone. Thank heaven for a military discount.
joe

Granger, IN

#85 Aug 18, 2010
2000 f350 7.3 wil start and idle fine check engine light comes on runs rough no power hooked up scanner no codes found in module. after reading several other posts i replaced cam sensor thinking that was the problem no change. where else do i look? any help would be greatly appreciated
WALTER

Perdido, AL

#86 Oct 2, 2010
i replaced the computer in my truck, muast i have it programed? 2000 F-350
WALTER

Perdido, AL

#87 Oct 2, 2010
I REPLACED THE COMPUTER IN MY FORD F350 DIESEL MUST I PROGRAM THE COMPUTER?
WALTER

Perdido, AL

#88 Oct 2, 2010
i replaced the computer in my f350 must i have it programed?
joeb

Cincinnati, OH

#89 Oct 2, 2010
2002 ford 7.3 turbo powerstroke shuts off randomly but does not starts right back up, let it say a day starts abd run abou 25 miles dies won't start, replaced camshift sensor but don't start Any ideas
Rick

San Diego, CA

#90 Oct 4, 2010
My original batteries died in 2008, but with a just from a Toyota Tundra I made it to Auto Zone for a couple of new ones. Using the driver side battery is fine.
Kerry

Northport, AL

#91 Nov 7, 2010
mary wrote:
<quoted text> Ive had this replaced on my 200 F350 & didnt help one bit....still haveing major isssues w/it
Have you had any luck with this? I'm having the same problem.
Kerry

Northport, AL

#92 Nov 7, 2010
mary wrote:
i have a 2000 f350....been in the shop for 6 weeks now....it has no power, stalls while going down the road, shakes like a freightliner, & blows smoke out of the tail pipe.....the mechanic has no clue what is wrong w/this truck.....when put on diagnostic machine it doesnt show anything wrong....somebody pls help....he took the fuel cell off & it was ok, all lines are free & clear but something is letting the fuel come into truck & not burning (its raw fuel).......Help
Have you had any luck with this? I'm having the same problem.
eric

Elizabeth, NJ

#93 Dec 6, 2010
i have 2003 f350 7.3 now its cold out it doen't want to start. I have to crank it for a good 10min on and off.I have 320,000miles. Its plugged in over night
KFEIIII

Staunton, VA

#94 Dec 14, 2010
dwayne wrote:
have a 2000 7.3 when running at idle speed shuts off sometimes starts up again other times wont was told bad fuel filter put a new filter on it still does the same thing.
I also have a 2000 7.3 F350 that was doing the same thing. Here's what I've had done so far.
1. Changed fuel filter
2. Got two recalls done (replace cam sensor and wire assembly)
When that didn't fix the problem
3, The dealer replaced the EBP sensor.
At least now I can get it running and if I let it warm up enough (maybe 20 minutes) I can actually drive it.
Dealer says I need a new IPR and #8 injector. Sure hope that will do the trick. This is getting expensive! Plus, it takes me foreever to start and all that white smoke is choking the neighbors.
TMY

De Kalb, MS

#95 Dec 26, 2010
While driving down the road the motor will pull itself down, and I can hear a loud blowing sound coming from the passenger side floorboard. If I let off the gas or give it gas it will go back to normal.It doesn't do this all the time. Any ideas on whats wrong with it.
rod

Barstow, CA

#96 Jan 3, 2011
I have diesel dripping down the passenger side of the engine , looks like a small tube of something? has anyone been thru this? 2000 f350 it only happens when the engine is running.
piotr

Higganum, CT

#97 Jan 12, 2011
Ron wrote:
2002 ford 7.3 turbo powerstroke shuts off randomly but it starts right back up like nothing happened. If your going down the road and it does it, it will catch it self and keep running. but at an idle it will die. does anyone know whaat the problem may be?
CAM POSITION SENSOR
lee

Griffin, GA

#98 Feb 22, 2011
have a 2000 7.3 f-450 it runs good and then it hesitates losses power and a lot of white smoke replaced the idm drove around the block and ran fine next mourn did the same thing i can cut it off and let it sit anr most of the time it will run good for a short period of time can this be the cam shaft sensor figure its electronic because how intermidant does this real bad if idles a while
Roger

Wichita, KS

#99 Mar 21, 2011
Same thing, I have a 99 7.3 that shuts off at idle and cuts out while driving slow. It is worse when raining out and now at times there is a loud shshsh sound coming out the exhaust pipe. The old truck has 150K miles on it but I have no idea how well maintained...The dealer changed out a wire near the break booster but I don't think they did the CSPS so I did and it helped for a while. I guess I'll try another one, $30 at autozone.
Ted

Gig Harbor, WA

#100 Apr 3, 2011
Ron wrote:
2002 ford 7.3 turbo powerstroke shuts off randomly but it starts right back up like nothing happened. If your going down the road and it does it, it will catch it self and keep running. but at an idle it will die. does anyone know whaat the problem may be?
We have a foerd f-350 that happened to us would restart each time and eventually stopped restarting it was the cam positioner the ford dealer in aberdeen wa fixed it we were on vacation there he said they wer notoiouse for the cam positioners going out I talked to several of my friends with ford diesels and they had replaced a few as well not for sure but maybe is your problem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ford F-350 Super Duty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
1983 F350 1 ton dually (Apr '11) Apr 29 mikeb in ny 3
F-350 4X4 drive train vibration (Feb '07) Apr 25 Figgy2131 56
1990 F-350 7.5 ltr battery ok but won't turn over Apr 21 ouroboris 2
T/H and exhaust braking Apr 14 jcw 1
Ball joint put in and then banged on to fit cou... Apr 12 Shar 1
Low Turbo Boost on 2006 6.0 Liter Diesel (May '10) Apr 5 Denny hammer 29
99 F350 7.3 dually Consistant fuel system probl... (Jun '10) Apr 4 pinball102 23
More from around the web