Jeff Brown

Vancouver, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2010

Too many times I have fuel system problems and rarely does the water light come on. This time not even a check eng light came on! Sometimes the changing the filter works after letting sit for awhile . This time I can' t get it to start.
It just seems like my buddy with Cummings dodge doesn't have these fuel system problems. I am always having fuel problems, power loss because of it. Usually takes a day of sitting after the filter and additive are put in!
I just had a fuel pump put in and all tests ran on fuel system 2500. miles ago . All checked out well.
Last night crusing along 55 -65 power loss and barely running like bad fuel. Stalled out . Barely could get it started, after that it would'nt keep running or idel. Put knew fuel filter in and poured a can of Desiel Kleen it wont start.
It wants to but won't catch. I never had it act like this usually it will just run really rough and no power.
Does anyone have these F350 problems. What is going on and what can I do to not hav these problem so freq.? JB
mary

Calhoun, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2010

im haveing the same problems out of my 2000 f350....my mechanic is baffled w/this truck....he has no clue what else to do w/my truck.
coop

Merrimack, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2011

its Delamination of the diesel fuel tank
scott mizerak

Carbondale, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2011

Jeff and Mary i have the same promblems you two are having.What I realized is taht i found out at my fuel pump the clip is broke and sucking air when i hit a hill pump works harder and causeing power loss and does samething runs like it is geling up and then i screw around with line and then runs fine for a while then does it agin but cant figure it out completly
Bolt50

Montréal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2011

I would recommend pulling your fuel tank and removing the sending unit to inspect your sending unit and screen filter for debris in fuel tank. This is a very good maintenance procedure for optimal fuel system performance.
wdgsr

Bridgeport, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2011

99 f350 7.3 no power 2200 max rpms cleaned fuel tank, changed fuel pump,cleaned fuel filter bowl & return ck valve. 70# of fuel pressure. runs smooth up to 2200 or so rpms then acts like starving for fuel
ben schroeder

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2011

mary wrote:
im haveing the same problems out of my 2000 f350....my mechanic is baffled w/this truck....he has no clue what else to do w/my truck.
I had the same problem changed the cam shaft sensor and it still happend then I ran a bypass wire on the fuel cut off reset switch on the passanger side under the kick panel. I seems so far to have fixed the problem. My truck is a F350 2000. Run the jumberwire between the two larges wires on the three make sure to use a fused jumper wire.
david

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2012

have a f350 turbo diesel 7.3 2003 having problems with it blowing the fuel filter o ring out located on top of the engine runs good for a day then same thing the o ring be blown out
Henry

Ribera, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

ben schroeder wrote:
<quoted text> I had the same problem changed the cam shaft sensor and it still happend then I ran a bypass wire on the fuel cut off reset switch on the passanger side under the kick panel. I seems so far to have fixed the problem. My truck is a F350 2000. Run the jumberwire between the two larges wires on the three make sure to use a fused jumper wire.
where did u run the bypass wire to? i didnt understand
kim

Petal, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

we have a 99 F-350. started running bad like it was not getting the fuel.does not want to start. if it does its runs real choppy and the fuel smells real rich.we do know that for some reason it keeps blowing the fuse to the fuel pump.we can hear the pump come on and the fuse blows.we changhed the cam shaft sensor and the fuel filter still has not helped.any suggestions?
mike

Cambridge, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

had the same problems with my 99 and after 4 weeks and several attempts by myself and several mechanics we have found out that the coating on the inside of the tanks from 99 to 03 start to break apart and plug up the suction tube/screens , could be the solution as a new fuel tank solved my issues , also have several friends who have the same trucks as mentioned and they are starting to have similar losses of power now and again as well ...
j joseph

Perris, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

i have 99 f350 dually i have had constant fuel (gas)) problems with truck this forever . it was putting gas into the front tank from the rear tank to the point of overfilling . changed the switch on the dash that controls the fuel delivery. now it backfires thru the intake manifold and when it does start, it runs erratic. could it be the crankshaft sensor ?. i have changed the fuel filter. acts like its out of gas and won't start, but the fuel rail has fuel under pressure. i am ready to blow it up . any help out there thanks
Woody Graves

Mukwonago, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

mike wrote:
had the same problems with my 99 and after 4 weeks and several attempts by myself and several mechanics we have found out that the coating on the inside of the tanks from 99 to 03 start to break apart and plug up the suction tube/screens , could be the solution as a new fuel tank solved my issues , also have several friends who have the same trucks as mentioned and they are starting to have similar losses of power now and again as well ...
The tank in my 2000 f-350 dually is plastic there is no coating in there that i see? i have had the same issues.. 2 pumps, pulled the tank cleaned out (not that dirty) cleaned the two little filters in the pick up assy and it ran fine for 2 days... now back to starving for fuel, hooked fuel line to aux tank of fuel and pump fills fuel filter housing before it cycles off.. hook it to tank and it wont even fill it half way.. now that tank is full i need to pull it again and see what is up!!!!!!
dan jirus

Plano, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

I too am having a problem with my 1999 ford f-350 diesel. the engine starts and in park I run at 2000 rpms no problem but when I drive goes about 2 miles and shuts off I changed cam sensor cleaned out filters in tank which is plastic put in a new fuel heater which I found bad even changed batterys found one low. Really stumped on this!!! any suggestions anybody
den

Fremont, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Make sure you buy ford cam sensors
Baye and Pruitt Transport

Mount Juliet, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2014

Jeff Brown wrote:
Too many times I have fuel system problems and rarely does the water light come on. This time not even a check eng light came on! Sometimes the changing the filter works after letting sit for awhile . This time I can' t get it to start.
It just seems like my buddy with Cummings dodge doesn't have these fuel system problems. I am always having fuel problems, power loss because of it. Usually takes a day of sitting after the filter and additive are put in!
I just had a fuel pump put in and all tests ran on fuel system 2500. miles ago . All checked out well.
Last night crusing along 55 -65 power loss and barely running like bad fuel. Stalled out . Barely could get it started, after that it would'nt keep running or idel. Put knew fuel filter in and poured a can of Desiel Kleen it wont start.
It wants to but won't catch. I never had it act like this usually it will just run really rough and no power.
Does anyone have these F350 problems. What is going on and what can I do to not hav these problem so freq.? JB
I just went through 6 fuel pumps 6 filters before I found my issue . Return line had a crack in the plastic cylinder in tank allowing AIR to enter fuel system. Replace plastic cylinder problem fixed.
Baye and Pruitt Transport

Mount Juliet, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2014

Woody Graves wrote:
<quoted text>
The tank in my 2000 f-350 dually is plastic there is no coating in there that i see? i have had the same issues.. 2 pumps, pulled the tank cleaned out (not that dirty) cleaned the two little filters in the pick up assy and it ran fine for 2 days... now back to starving for fuel, hooked fuel line to aux tank of fuel and pump fills fuel filter housing before it cycles off.. hook it to tank and it wont even fill it half way.. now that tank is full i need to pull it again and see what is up!!!!!!
I just went through 6 fuel pumps 6 filters before I found my issue . Return line had a crack in the plastic cylinder in tank allowing AIR to enter fuel system. Replace plastic cylinder problem fixed

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Ford F-350 Super Duty Forum right now

Search the Ford F-350 Super Duty Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
F-350 4 wheel drive (Mar '06) 21 hr hydroseeder 36
2011 F350 shift delay (Oct '13) Sun Racklefratz 2
2000 F350 7.3 turbo diesel power stroke (Aug '06) Jul 22 sammy 207
Low Turbo Boost on 2006 6.0 Liter Diesel (May '10) Jun '14 Castillo 28
05 F350 6L Diesel EGR Valve problems (Mar '12) Jun '14 billy 4
F-350 4X4 drive train vibration (Feb '07) Jun '14 brucelantana 51
F350 4WD not engaging. Please help! (Mar '09) May '14 allen 27
•••

Buy a New Car