F-350 4X4 drive train vibration

F-350 4X4 drive train vibration

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
CBJohnson

Russellville, KY

#1 Feb 26, 2007
I have a 2000 F350 4X4 60,000 miles. Last couple of months have been getting a bad vibration in drive train when I hit a rough spot in the road. Doesn't happen all the time , about 4 times in a couple of months, Have had all the drivetrain checked nothing
found. Strange thing is it will stop just before I can come to a complete stop . Then I can go on and may not happen again for 500 miles. I can't feel this in the steering, I've had both front hub seals replaced, bearings replaced and new vacuum pump for the front hubs. still having the problems .. this happens with just the truck , not towing or hauling anything.. and may happen at any speed from 80 on interstate to 35 in town..any help would be appreciated,, thanks
Willie

AOL

#2 Apr 14, 2007
I have a 2003 F350 Duelly . I hate these Automatic hubs ,They keep staying engaged I was wanting to replace them with Warn manuel hubs . One place says I can do it , Another says I cant because it is a duelly. Can you tell me ???
Frank

Bolton, CT

#3 Apr 15, 2007
2002 F350 4x4; diesel. Experiencing similar issue over last 6 months. Vibration right front; I think after going over bumps in road. Smooth road does not seem to occur. Seems to be getting worse. Replaced steering dampener and tried operating without dampener; no difference. Can stop most of time by jerking steering wheel to right quickly. On a couple of occasion had to almost come to stop before it stopped. Do not feel in steering.
lee

Pompano Beach, FL

#4 Apr 18, 2007
Front end rolling noise sounds& feels bearings or 4 wheel drive not disengageing fully .Ford says they can"t problem
Ray

Canada

#5 May 24, 2007
CBJohnson wrote:
I have a 2000 F350 4X4 60,000 miles. Last couple of months have been getting a bad vibration in drive train when I hit a rough spot in the road. Doesn't happen all the time , about 4 times in a couple of months, Have had all the drivetrain checked nothing
found. Strange thing is it will stop just before I can come to a complete stop . Then I can go on and may not happen again for 500 miles. I can't feel this in the steering, I've had both front hub seals replaced, bearings replaced and new vacuum pump for the front hubs. still having the problems .. this happens with just the truck , not towing or hauling anything.. and may happen at any speed from 80 on interstate to 35 in town..any help would be appreciated,, thanks
I have the exact same problem with my '06 ford F-350 4x4. The dealer told me it is the aftermarket lift kit --which they installed--pro-comp 6" lift, which is causing the problems. They said the pitman arm nut becomes loose?? I think they are full of BS... I'm still investigating.
michael

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#6 Jun 7, 2007
lee wrote:
Front end rolling noise sounds& feels bearings or 4 wheel drive not disengageing fully .Ford says they can"t problem
i have the same problem i am in hollywood, fl. email me if you know how to fix it. michaelcbi@yahoo.com
Frank

Bolton, CT

#7 Jun 15, 2007
My problem turned out to be 4x4 shaft pinion bearing in wheel hub. Replaced Hub - now ok. Once pinion failed it appears when you'd go over a bump the out of line 1/2 shaft would put pressure on the locking hub and cause the shudder or vibration. If you went over another bump the shaft would sometimes re-position itself and the noise would usually stop; not always. Pinion obviously bad after removal. Hub with a couple other small parts about $300 to 325?
chris

Watson, Canada

#8 Aug 27, 2007
michael wrote:
<quoted text>
i have the same problem i am in hollywood, fl. email me if you know how to fix it. michaelcbi@yahoo.com
Did they tighten pitman nut and then did it help but come loose again?
chris

Watson, Canada

#9 Aug 27, 2007
Ray wrote:
<quoted text>
I have the exact same problem with my '06 ford F-350 4x4. The dealer told me it is the aftermarket lift kit --which they installed--pro-comp 6" lift, which is causing the problems. They said the pitman arm nut becomes loose?? I think they are full of BS... I'm still investigating.
Did they tighten nut and it fixed it until it became loose again??
craig

Newington, CT

#10 Oct 13, 2007
i have a simular problem with my 2004 f350 dually. i has a terrible vibration, thought it was the drive shaft at first, but had it ballanced and all the u joints changed and a center bearing! still have a problem. if anyone is sure of the problem please email me. tonca5@hotmail.com. thank you very much!!!
Dave in Illinois

Springfield, IL

#11 Jan 17, 2009
CBJohnson wrote:
I am having the same problem with my '99 F350 4X4. I've replaced everything between the tranny and the back bumper and still feel the vibration after hitting a bump. It'll stop after hitting another bump. Next step is swapping tranny with a friend to see if it's there......
fdf

Central City, NE

#12 Feb 4, 2009
springs bad in lock-outs. just replace the lock-outs
steve

Green Valley, AZ

#13 Mar 16, 2009
i had also taken the hubs apart and cleaned them,, don't forget to check the ujoints,
fdf knows what he's talking about in his post,
make sure you also use "slipdiff" additive.
a wire,(the connectors) can be the culprit on the transmission also, connector can get bumped from offroad debris , causing shift module problems,
steve

Green Valley, AZ

#14 Mar 16, 2009
Ray wrote:
<quoted text>
, ya they might be right, i had similar problem, same diagnosis, so i built my own custom pitman to correct,its fixed.
DF in victoria

Victoria, Canada

#15 Mar 31, 2009
Dave in Illinois wrote:
<quoted text>I am having the same problem with my '99 F350 4X4. I've replaced everything between the tranny and the back bumper and still feel the vibration after hitting a bump. It'll stop after hitting another bump. Next step is swapping tranny with a friend to see if it's there......
I have the same problem, have checked everything, vibration comes on when hitting a bump, goes away when 4x4 engaged. Same thing when front drive shaft is off and the hubs on free wheel. Anyone figure this out yet. We have replaced ujoints,balanced drive shaft, replaced hubs, taken transfer case out and apart to check.
Tom

Smithfield, RI

#16 Apr 21, 2009
I bought 2006 F350, that seems to have a viabration in the front. I took it back to the Dealer and they told me there was no weights on the wheels. I took it back a second time with the same problem and they replaced the front tires. I took it back again and they replaced the rear tires. I still have the same problem @ 38,000 miles it viabrates between 65 and 70 and Ford told me it is because I bought the truck with the cheaper wheels. BS I do not believe it, I beieve it is a problem with the truck.
Buck

Brookline, NH

#17 Aug 8, 2009
Tom wrote:
I bought 2006 F350, that seems to have a viabration in the front. I took it back to the Dealer and they told me there was no weights on the wheels. I took it back a second time with the same problem and they replaced the front tires. I took it back again and they replaced the rear tires. I still have the same problem @ 38,000 miles it viabrates between 65 and 70 and Ford told me it is because I bought the truck with the cheaper wheels. BS I do not believe it, I beieve it is a problem with the truck.
I have the same problem with F350, I had the rear tires rebalanced, but the problem is the same.
I did have the transmission replaced last year and thought the problem started shortly after that. Drive shaft came to mind, but the increase in vibration made me think it was the tires. I can feel the vibration in the seats more than the steering so, I keep thinking the problem is some where in the back of the truck. Any good information would be great.
gino

Miami, FL

#18 Aug 21, 2009
2000 f350 anyone know how to remove differiantail pinion just can't seems to get it off
gino

Miami, FL

#19 Aug 21, 2009
what is the best way to get it off
ford350nh

Brookline, NH

#20 Sep 30, 2009
Buck wrote:
<quoted text>
I have the same problem with F350, I had the rear tires rebalanced, but the problem is the same.
I did have the transmission replaced last year and thought the problem started shortly after that. Drive shaft came to mind, but the increase in vibration made me think it was the tires. I can feel the vibration in the seats more than the steering so, I keep thinking the problem is some where in the back of the truck. Any good information would be great.
I have the same probem, with my f350 2005. I had all 4 tires replaced, still shakes in the seat between 50 and 60 mph. I too had the transmission replaced at best ford and I swear it was doing it a little when I go the truck back. The truck is now almost not driveable at speeds over 50.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ford F-350 Super Duty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ford f350 6.0 diesel Jun 21 sherry dewey 1
2000 F350 7.3 turbo diesel power stroke (Aug '06) Jun 21 Ricky 219
2000 F350 Turn signals (Dec '08) May '15 Kjp 5
F350 03 Super Duty 7.3 Diesel - Speedometer not... (Dec '09) May '15 scottphillips88 3
Where to buy coil springs low price! May '15 Lisa 1
Low Turbo Boost on 2006 6.0 Liter Diesel (May '10) May '15 Chris 30
1983 F350 1 ton dually (Apr '11) Apr '15 mikeb in ny 3
More from around the web