Rear end vibration at takeoff only
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
joe in temecula ca

Los Angeles, CA

#21 Mar 2, 2008
i have 04 excursion w/12 in lift on 38's the vib started after the lift, shop said the shaft needs a cv joint @the transfer & rebalanced cuz the angle is to great
rick

Colorado Springs, CO

#22 Mar 5, 2008
my 96 ford f250 deisel has a new 6" lift. It noe
wshudders a little on take-off. I thought it was the driveshaft angle.I took it to a driveline shop.He says he guarantees itsaxle wrap caused by the sixinch blocks.He suggests 6" leafs instead.
WC MOTORSPORTS

Holbrook, MA

#23 Mar 10, 2008
I have installed numerous lift on SDs, the key is to measure your angles of the driveline. You may need to shim the carrier bearing and/or the rear diff. I have a shim kit I seel for the SD rear shaft. I also have a kit for the SD STEERING WHEEL OSCALLATION. WCMOTORSPORT.COM WCMOTORSPORT@VERIZON.NET
Chris

Plant City, FL

#24 Apr 3, 2008
Yes, I have an 2000 f-250 and I think my truck is dog walking. Meaning my truck does not drive straight . Any suggestions.
joe temecula

Los Angeles, CA

#25 Jun 20, 2008
04 excursion. 12in in the front, 10 in lift rear. at first it vib @55/60 mph. no shop could help me , due to one shaft . but the angle of the shaft was to great ,so i lowered the trans cross member 2in . now the vib starts @75mph with 38in tire's that means im doing about "90mph"
Don

Revere, MA

#26 Jun 23, 2008
Watch out for any vibrations, possibly a bearing could be ceased and griding away. Check wheel bearings and front hubs for damage/wear.
chris 1016 macon ga

Macon, GA

#27 Jul 21, 2008
on ford 250 super duty with 8" lift and 36/15.50/20 bad vibration in rear
Jeff -Hawaii

Honolulu, HI

#28 Aug 14, 2008
I have a 2006 250 with an 8" lift. I added a 2" shim on my 2 piece drive shaft. My initial rear end vibration is no loger there. Hope this helps you folks. I also passed it on to the local 4X4 shop here and they are very pleased.
Richard Harris

San Diego, CA

#29 Sep 24, 2008
Yes I just bought a 2003 f150 2wd with a 7.5 inch lift. and when i take off from a stop after a second or two i hear a clunk in what feels like the rear. i also feel a clunk when i come to a full stop. i heard it could be the slip yoke sticking due to the driveshafts new angel. but i also heard it could be my u joints are loose. who knows wht the heck this clunk is. any suggestios????
Ryan wrote:
I have a 2001 F-150 with a 6" lift and 35" mud tires, I am having the same problem. I was told that the problem is the drive shaft, and where it connects. The lifts change the angle that the drive shaft hits the rear end. I also experience a "clunk" and physically feel the truck shake when I enter passing gear. The reasons is when the drive shaft engages into a new gear it slips and doesnt catch something exactly right. Obviously i'm not a mechanic. I was told the way to correct the problem was to either A, rebuild the rear end and remount it at the angle of the drive shaft, or B, get a 2 peice drive shaft so it will come down and hit the drive shaft at the right angle. Just my 2 cents.
Nathan

Cleveland, TN

#30 Jan 8, 2009
I have a stock f150 1999 4x4 and it does it when i take off but just for a sec. What is it ANYBODY??????
kperez

Idaho Falls, ID

#31 Nov 26, 2009
does your truck have the 5speed torque shift tranny that uses sp fluid?
greg wall

Mcminnville, OR

#32 Dec 17, 2009
i have a 2000 s10 extra cab,when i start out in first gear i get a crazy vibration???when i put the truck in neutral and roll down a hill,it starts vibrating about 8 miles an hour??whats the problem.
cle

Stayton, OR

#33 Feb 10, 2010
I have a stock 2003 F250 with a shudder on hard acceleration when empty or when loaded with my camper on medium acceleration, no lift only 1 size larger tires so a lift may not be the problem, and I see all the different fixes as mostly BS, better look some more.
cle

Stayton, OR

#34 Feb 10, 2010
2003 F250 4X4. Anyone know why my auto hubs don't lockup in auto, have to manually lock them?
Cody

Houston, TX

#35 Feb 11, 2012
It usually takes about a quarter inch of shim for every inch Of lift that will get you close and keep in mind that if you have to much shim you will get a high speed vibration and too little and it's a low speed vibration, my truck has 12 inches of lift and 670rwhp and I had to do floating traction bars and a one piece drive shaft but no more axle wrap or vibration
clayman

Stayton, OR

#36 Feb 11, 2012
I have a 2003 F250 with no lift and it has a vibration at take of if you heavy foot it and has always had it and now has 1700,000 with no bad affects, and I am thinking so what.
Robert - Cali

Dublin, CA

#37 Mar 6, 2015
You need this to correct the vibration during take off. This is caused by the pinion gear being angled differently that driveline

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kits-Suspensi...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ford F-250 Super Duty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Electric Mirrors Apr 16 Rhea 1
Clicking noise while starting 2015f 250diesel Apr 7 Mike 1
front end shake ford f-250 (Jan '07) Apr 6 mark 345
F250 Super Duty - front end bounces dangerously (Sep '06) Apr 4 Naizidwa 354
Traction control Apr 4 Naizidwa 1
Axle dump system for a 5.4 Mar 31 Wong 1
Fuel pump Mar '18 Dougster 1