front end shake ford f-250
J B in SC

Rock Hill, SC

#103 Nov 23, 2009
WC MOTORSPORTS wrote:
I have several customers with new Dodges and they also have the same wobble. They have a different cause. I have had excellent success with the Ford SD fix. We are now working on a Dodge fix. I have fixed over a 100 SD trucks to date.
What are you doing to fix this problem? [email protected]
Joe Kingston

Houston, TX

#104 Nov 25, 2009
We have a 2008 F-250 and on several occasions, while driving on the highway at approximately 65 mph the truck begins to shake uncontrollably! I have never had a heart attack, but it must be similar to what I was feeling! This is VERY dangerous and is going to kill people, if it already hasn't! DO SOMETHING FORD! YOU ARE GOING TO PAY FOR IT ONE WAY OR ANOTHER...
john v

United States

#105 Nov 28, 2009
my '01 250 superduty did the same thing- started vibrating out of control at 32,000 miles- dealer claimed it was a tire rotation issue. i never trusted the vehicle after that- replaced it with an '04 250 superduty- which drove fine until a year ago when it began to vibrate when brakes applied at 30-40 miles an hour. a 'tire center' dealer checked it out- charged me $800 to replace shocks and adjust tie rods/aline, and was surprised when i called the next HOUR to inform them that i wanted my money back!
it's become 'undriveable' again- rotating and balancing tires helps- somewhat but not entirely...reading this forum has unsettled my fading optimism!
Steve Weyrauch

Antioch, CA

#106 Dec 22, 2009
I bought the WC Motorsports fix and had it installed. The front end of my F250 with 6" lift seems way stiffer and so far I have had no death wobble. I will say though the parts were really over priced in my opinion. It was $850.00 for the traction bar and some hardware. But its worth it I guess if it continues to keep the front end of my truck stable.
Kevin in Alabama

Cullman, AL

#107 Dec 24, 2009
Has anyone checked their stabilizer shock or try adding a dual stabilizer kit. I had this problem in a f150 and the shock had air in it.
jerry

Arlington, TX

#108 Jan 14, 2010
HANSON wrote:
I AM BACK FROM THE DEALERSHIP FOR THE SHAKING FRONT END.THE DEALER SAID THE TRUCK HAS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT FOR THE 5TH TIME. THEY REFUSE TO ADMIT THAT THERE IS A FATAL PROBLEM WITH THIS VEHICLE AND HAVE NO CLUE AS HOW TO FIX IT, AND THEY DENY THAT IT IS A PROBLEM. THERE REPLY WAS "THATS HOW THEY ARE SET UP". THEY LET SOME AIR OUT OF THE TIRES AND I WAS GOOD TO GO IN THEIR OPINION.
AS THE LAST MESSAGE POSTED SUGGESTS TO CONTACT THE SAFETY COMISSION, I AM GOING TO DO THAT AND I RECOMEND THAT ANYONE ELSE ALSO DO THAT AND INQUIRE TO FORD ALSO AS I WILL.
i also have a 2004 f 250 with front end problems nobody can fix. ford does not say any recalls or safety fixes. anybody have any more info??
D CAMPBELL FL

Englewood, FL

#109 Feb 3, 2010
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM, WITH A 2005 F-250 SUPER DUTY ,CREW CAB,4X4 W/8FT BOX. I TOOK IT TO THE DEALER BECAUSE OF THE "LETTER" WAS TOLD "I" HAD THE WRONG TIRES ON IT. THE SAME ONES ON IT WHEN I BOUGHT IT. THEY WANTED TO SELL ME $800.00 WORTH OF TIRES. NO GUARENTEE IT WOULD FIX IT. I HAVE DRIVEN FORD TRUCKS ALL MY LIFE, THIS IS THE LAST ONE.I HOPE I DON'T GET KILLED OR KILL SOMEONE ELSE BEFORE FORD FIXES IT. I CAN'T AFFORD TO TRADE IT, I HAVE TO DRIVE IT.
TOYOTA GETS FRONT PAGE NEWS. FORD GETS HUSHED..NICE
madashell47944

Fowler, IN

#110 Feb 8, 2010
I also have a 08 F-250 that has the same problem. At speeds between 55 and 70 mph, the front end felt like it was coming off the truck. It happened to my wife at 50 mph on a smooth road, scared her to death! I took the truck to the dealer- no problem! I know I received a letter from Ford addressing the problem and their recommendation was to slow down! I didn't save the letter and the dealer claims that Ford never sent any such letter! Any one else see such a letter?
Andrew

San Antonio, TX

#111 Feb 8, 2010
I got a letter from ford a few months back as well. I was not having any problems do I threw it away. I called northside ford as my 2005 f250 started doing this death wobble in the last week. I plan to go in tommorow and have the steering dampener thing replaced. It only cost $250 and hopefully that will solve it. I'll let you know tomm.
Joe C

Atlanta, GA

#112 Feb 10, 2010
I also have a F250 Super Duty 2005 with 20,000miles on it. When I hit a bump at certain speeds usually around 60 mph, the front end shakes so violently that it is impossible to control unless you slow it down to around 25 mph. I notified the Dealer and the US DOT NHTSA. I was told there was nothing wrong with the truck except the tire pressure was not correct. This is right after a Ford dealer just did a full service and rotated the tires and set the air pressure. This was also at 12,000 miles. Someone is going to be killed from this problem.
Keep complaining to the US DOT NHTSA and maybe they will pull their heads out of the sand and re-call these dangerous trucks.
Bill Warner

Chandler, AZ

#113 Feb 21, 2010
Had another incedent today just going about 55-60 on freeway wife was drvining and had 1yo son in back. almost scared to drive this truck now.
Gable Zeien

Hospers, IA

#114 Feb 28, 2010
i have a 2005, with the nasty death wooble, I went to a tires plus with 50,000 mis and didnt tell them I had wobble issues,just a front alinment and 4 whell balance, they came back and told me ball joints were junk and they could not aline it, I took the truck not beliveing them, checked my self and yea... junk, I went to the parts store to get the parts, told them the truck I had and he laughed and staed you must have the factory non greasable ball joints, and stated yea.. there junk, and probly 5,000 miles ago, I replaced them and even before the realinment.. drove like new..
Steven Van Note

AOL

#115 Mar 12, 2010
Ive owned 3 Ford trucks since 87 that shook violently when hitting a rough spot at 35-40 mph. Have had a '99 F250 since new and it did not start shaking unitil 200,000 miles so I had thought that Ford had fixed the problem. I know other Ford owners with the same problem and they had to replace all front end bushings, etc to repair but do not know to what extent
Don B

Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA

#116 Mar 17, 2010
I just googled "Ford truck violent shaking"
and found this site.

I read a few of the first post then jumped to the end.

My 2006 F250 4x4 crew cab is bone stock.
no modifications.

My truck does the "death wobble"
Scares the hell out of me at times.

Like has been said.
I must slow down for it to correct.

I have been thinking about mounting a camera to the truck to video the action.

I know I get wild looks from drivers in the lane next to me.

I did recieve and save the letter Ford sent me.

It describes the problem. says basically there is no problem.

and attributes it all to tire air pressure.

I will galdly share the letter if someone needs a copy

Don
Josh

Hampstead, NC

#117 Apr 1, 2010
I have a 1999 F250 and I have the same problem so I took it to the delership and they told me that my tie rods and ball joints were going out, so i went and got those replaced. once done the problem went away but know it is starting back, I wish someone could tell me what the problem is, it isnt cause its a FORD either so I dont want to here that crap. if anyone has a solution let me know.
Wayne Toher

United States

#118 Apr 4, 2010
I have 2008 F250 V10. I hit a pot hole on the highway and I thought the front end of the truck fell apart, slowed down and it stopped. What is fix??
R Havey Ontario Canada

Wabigoon, Canada

#119 Apr 4, 2010
Just bought an 06 F250 extenda cab 4x4 diesel. Driving on I-75 and hit a pothole with the left front wheel. I too thought the end was near. The steering wheel shook violently and only slowing down did it stop shaking and now the wife is scared of this thing. If only I had known about this problem my first Ford would not be in my garage although I have also read about the Dodges and Chevs having similar wobble problems. The more I read the more I think the wobble is due to rubber bushings and a company noted on this site says to eliminate them . I do think Ford has to wade in on this issue and admit it is more than worn parts or tire inflation issues and supply the fix. It is not going to go away. Oh well let's go the class action route!
warren walker

Hicksville, NY

#120 Apr 19, 2010
like the rest i also own a ford F-250 super duty 2006 , 5.4L v-8 gas,
I was currently driving 70 mph on the highway and hit a pothole, all of a sudden the front end started to shake violenty, i thought i had a flat. but after an hour of inspections i found nothing, until i got home and found this site. i was amazed that ford is doing nothing about this problem.
I filed a complaint with ford motor company 1-800-392-3673, i advise everybody to do this, it is kinda a hassel they ask question that make you fustrated but it is worth sticking out, all they are doing is verifing your vehicle. then make sure you get a case number on record.
country gal

Hecker, IL

#121 Apr 30, 2010
warren walker wrote:
like the rest i also own a ford F-250 super duty 2006 , 5.4L v-8 gas,
I was currently driving 70 mph on the highway and hit a pothole, all of a sudden the front end started to shake violenty, i thought i had a flat. but after an hour of inspections i found nothing, until i got home and found this site. i was amazed that ford is doing nothing about this problem.
I filed a complaint with ford motor company 1-800-392-3673, i advise everybody to do this, it is kinda a hassel they ask question that make you fustrated but it is worth sticking out, all they are doing is verifing your vehicle. then make sure you get a case number on record.
File a complaint with NHTSA. However it will not do any good. NHTSA is useless!!
CountryGirl

Waldorf, MD

#122 May 7, 2010
i have a 2006 4x4. just got done reading all the post. cant beleive what i read. i have had this problem for a year now. and of couse it only happens when im driving so they dont understand. well the mechanic last week said i need new tires. well i have new tires with 15k on them. nothing wrong with my tires, just think he wanted me to buy some nitto's. And i remember the tire pressure letter. screw that, they really need to find a fix sooner than later!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ford F-250 Super Duty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New F250 6.4 problems (Mar '07) Jul 19 Kkinney 246
F250 Super Duty - front end bounces dangerously (Sep '06) Jul 12 Emily 345
Overheating? Jul 9 Brian 1
Deleting and tuning 2015 F250 Jul 7 Chad 1
Engine oil dipstick Jul 5 Brutus 1
37" tires Jun 29 Chzbrger 1
Sudden stalling Jun 26 Kevin D Mc 1
More from around the web