front end shake ford f-250
First Prev
of 17
Next Last
HANSON

AOL

#1 Jan 4, 2007
I AM BACK FROM THE DEALERSHIP FOR THE SHAKING FRONT END.THE DEALER SAID THE TRUCK HAS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT FOR THE 5TH TIME. THEY REFUSE TO ADMIT THAT THERE IS A FATAL PROBLEM WITH THIS VEHICLE AND HAVE NO CLUE AS HOW TO FIX IT, AND THEY DENY THAT IT IS A PROBLEM. THERE REPLY WAS "THATS HOW THEY ARE SET UP". THEY LET SOME AIR OUT OF THE TIRES AND I WAS GOOD TO GO IN THEIR OPINION.

AS THE LAST MESSAGE POSTED SUGGESTS TO CONTACT THE SAFETY COMISSION, I AM GOING TO DO THAT AND I RECOMEND THAT ANYONE ELSE ALSO DO THAT AND INQUIRE TO FORD ALSO AS I WILL.
Tom

United States

#2 Jan 11, 2007
I also have that problem, and of course they can't find anything wrong but a nail in my tire(imagine that, a work truck with a nail causing me to lose control of the front end of my truck.).

although i was looking up leveling kits for my 05 f250 SD, and came across a "superlift technical bullitin 1/31/05"

NOTICE: shimmy problemon stock (2005 4WS F250, F350)- In stock condition, some trucks exhibit a slight steering wheel oscillation (a quick back and forth motion) immediately after the truck impacts a rough spot in the road surface. Ford offers a dealer-performed warranty "fix". Contact your Ford dealer. Using your VIN number, your Ford dealer can determine whether or not your truck is equipped with the new "tighter" steering box.

http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/fd4_05f2_350...

This is going to be the info that I bring to the dealership, and hope that once again I will be able to drive my son in his dads bad ass Truck.

hope it helps.
HANK

Fort White, FL

#3 Jan 11, 2007
I drove around the dealership until I found a pothole or manhole cover that I could replicate the problem (hitting a pot hole or manhole cover with the front right tire at 30-40 mph).Then I took the dealer ownwer for a test drive.
hoss

United States

#4 Aug 16, 2007
i too have a 2005 f-250 super duty, and at times when i hit a rough spot of pavement, my steering wheel and front end bounce all over the place. Sounds like a recall issue.
WCMOTORSPORTS

East Bridgewater, MA

#5 Aug 21, 2007
Hanson I own a 4x4 shop in mass, My brother and I have developed a fix for this concern. We have installed this in a customers truck and the shake is gone! WCMOTORSPORT.COM [email protected]
Former Ford customer

Stoughton, MA

#6 Dec 17, 2007
Ford wont recall or fix the Super Duty until they get some people killed first. Buy a chevy or GMC thats what I'm doing.
Herb

Spokane, WA

#7 Dec 22, 2007
I too have the same problem with my Ford F-250 Super Duty. When I would hit a rough spot on the freeway at a speed higher than 55mph the front end would start shaking out of control. I thought it was a flat tire. This happened to me 4times in one trip to Montana and back. I had the local dealer in Spokane take a test drive with me to check it out. We drove around town at speeds as high as 35mph, nothing happened. I said this only happens at highway speeds. We took it for ride on the freeway and sure enough when I hit a rough spot in the freeway at 65mph it bucked like the bulls you see at the rodeo. I took my foot off the gas and let it coast to about 45mph then it stopped bucking. The mechanic was puzzled and was totally surprised how severe it was. After leaving the vehicle at the dealer for the day I callback to see what the problem might be? Their solution to the problem was the tires were under inflated!!!! I think there is a bigger problem but nobody talking. Spokane,WA
John K

Clementon, NJ

#8 Dec 22, 2007
I have a F-250 super duty 4x4. The truck has a severe wobble at 65 mph when hitting a road hole or ripple. I talked to other Ford owners and they have the same problem. I will see my Dealer this Friday.This wobble is so violent it will damage the frontend or could cause a tragic accident.Maybe a class action law suit is in order.
David H

Las Vegas, NV

#9 Dec 23, 2007
I have also had a horrible experience with the front end of my brand new F-250 shaking or something so vilantly that I was loosing control. It caused me to have to slow down to 35 miles an hour in the fast lane. All other traffic also slowed down because they saw my problem. I also took it immediately to the dealer. They said nothing was wrong. I insisted on a written document stating what had happened and there resulting statement after examining. I told them I was giving this to my wife in case of my death so she would have something to take to the lawyers. This prompted them to look a little further and keep the truck for 2 weeks. Tech dept. tightened and adjusted all components and the problems has not come back yet.
Melody Carothers

Las Vegas, NV

#10 Jan 3, 2008
I have had this occur 3 x now with my F-350 & it has scared me to death! It felt like the truck was going to disintegrate & throw us into opposing traffic! VERY dangerous
bob e

Troy, MI

#11 Jan 6, 2008
i have an 02 f- 350 and mine starts to shake right from a stop, it gets worse as i speed up to about 60 and higher and then it seems to even out.
i dont know what to do.
Andy DE

Richmond, VA

#12 Jan 8, 2008
i have an 02 f-250 and im told by the dealer my front end is deteriorating and needs some major repairs, but only 48,000 miles on truck has anybody else had a similar problem?
Big Ray

Holden, MA

#13 Jan 18, 2008
Get a lawyer and sue Ford under Mag/Moss act
Kimmel&Silverman
Christy D

North Las Vegas, NV

#14 Jan 18, 2008
I am here in Las Vegas and I was wondering what dealer you took it to. I went to Team Ford and tried to get something in writting and all they gave me was the work order. I love my truck however it has already run me off the road once. I am freightened it will get me into a major accident. I drive the freeways daily.
David H wrote:
I have also had a horrible experience with the front end of my brand new F-250 shaking or something so vilantly that I was loosing control. It caused me to have to slow down to 35 miles an hour in the fast lane. All other traffic also slowed down because they saw my problem. I also took it immediately to the dealer. They said nothing was wrong. I insisted on a written document stating what had happened and there resulting statement after examining. I told them I was giving this to my wife in case of my death so she would have something to take to the lawyers. This prompted them to look a little further and keep the truck for 2 weeks. Tech dept. tightened and adjusted all components and the problems has not come back yet.
WCMOTORSPORTS

West Bridgewater, MA

#15 Jan 19, 2008
We have installed this fix on numerous trucks with great results! One truck has an 8" lift and is constantly 4wheeling with no shake! [email protected]
G_ Dub

Killeen, TX

#16 Jan 22, 2008
I know that on the work truck package there is no dampner and after that was installed there was no problem (on an 01). I have a 95 250 4x4 and it did the same thing but you didnt even have to hit a bump. It turns out there is a bracket that bolts the front end to the frame that had like four out of five bolts sheared off. the bracket is a pain to get to and replace. actually there was a left and a right. im not sure what would have happened if that last bolt would have broken but when i took that bracket off my front end went in every direction and i had to come-along it back together. maybe a hint for your mechanic.
HANSON

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Jan 30, 2008
I was following my husband in another vehicle when his started shaking. Since I knew about the problem I watched what was happening. It looked like the front drivers wheel was going to fall off. It wobbled and looked like all but one lug nut was on. Once he stoped and started again it was fine. This happened 4 times in 24 hours and the tire did the same thing each time. This is not a steering problem. I called and informed the dealer's service dept.
JK TOMS RIVER

AOL

#18 Jan 31, 2008
I have an 04 F250 SD. Everything in the front end shook.Ford replaced everything but the tie-rod & damper. Still feels like the steering wheel could rip out of my hand when doing 58 to 70 mph. Ford said its my tires, its a HD truck some movement is expected, its not the tie-rod or the damper they said. They don't know. Truck was in the shop 4 whole days and 5 additional times to try to correct this deadly problem. Getting run around with ex. warrenty coverage. Will not fix,nothings wrong. Class action maybe whats needed before people die. Built ford tough, BULLSHIT. HELP IS NEEDED FOR ALL F-250 OWNERS, NOW, NOT AFTER DEATH
JK TOMS RIVER

AOL

#19 Jan 31, 2008
Big Ray wrote:
Get a lawyer and sue Ford under Mag/Moss act
Kimmel&Silverman
Could you post the address and phone # and any other infro that may be needed re; the law firm. Thank you. JK Toms River, NJ
jason mccormick

Birmingham, AL

#20 Feb 3, 2008
I'm contacting a lawyer tomorrow morning and will try my best to get to the bottom of this. This is going to kill someone if they don't fix it.
My truck shakes out of control and the dealer says it's the air pressure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ford F-250 Super Duty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
99 F250 V 10 won't start (Sep '11) Apr 22 egoodwin84 2
Truck Not Starting Apr 22 egoodwin84 1
2017 F-250 height Mar 31 Rockbolt 1
Engine swap 5.4 for 5.7 Is it possible??? Mar '17 Hauls All 1
Steering colum shroud removal 2002g250 6 Mar '17 Joe 1
2006 f250 lift recommendations Mar '17 Culpdies 1
F250 Super Duty - front end bounces dangerously (Sep '06) Mar '17 Cfp187 349
More from around the web