Ray

Columbia, SC

#271 Jul 28, 2010
OK, apparently we're all experiencing the same thing. IS THERE AN ANSWER AND OR LAW SUIT out there for this? SCARIEST THING I'VE EVER EXPERIENCED!!
FORDLOVER

Capitol Heights, MD

#272 Jul 29, 2010
There is a class action suite but I don't know if it has legs. The WC MOTORSPORTS kit will fix your shake.
armadillo

Warren, OH

#273 Aug 18, 2010
8/17/2010....... whats up ford? driving north on 77 in my ford f-250 fx4 through canton and come across 62 bridge, truck started shaking and after the second bump coming off the bridge i was completely outta control till i slowed down to about 40 mph.just what ya wanna do in the fast lane during rush hour . i can barely type right now. i bought it new and it has 47000 mi9les on it ,and has never been damaged . this is the second time this has happened .good thing the road is straight because i had no control over this. is ford doing anything about this? the tire pressure is 62 psi in both tires
WC MOTORSPORT

United States

#274 Aug 18, 2010
Armadillo the problem is the way the track bar is mounted. We fixed the problem. Feel free to call the shop superdutywobble.com .
shaking gone

Hesperia, CA

#275 Aug 22, 2010
F250 DSL 2006 THE DEATH WOBBLE. My truck had the same shake as all of you. High speeds and low speeds, not all the time but it seemed that under the perfect situation ( speed, road and pot hole or bump ) it would activate the dreaded DEATH WOBBLE. After spending $ 800 for a new tracking bar installed and another $400 for tie rod end replacements, the problem still persisted. I went to the ford dealer for a unrelated starting problem
(high pressure oil leak causing my truck to crank over excessively) this was covered under my 100k engine warranty. After explaining the engine problem to the tech he asked if there was anything else wrong with the truck. I said well now that you mention it my truck shakes like hell, he immediately knew what the problem was, said my front wheels were angled to far forward (candor) and the fix was some shim bushings to change the angle and a new steering stabilizer the cost $315... PROBLEM SOLVED. My guess is that it is a engineer design problem from ford. By changing the angle of the front tires my truck floats a bit while driving but I am going to take that over the DEATH WOBBLE.
shaking gone

Hesperia, CA

#276 Aug 31, 2010
Amendment to my above statement..

NOT CANDOR but CASTER. Ford replaced both front caster sleeves/slugs to lower caster & make it a positive caster. Replaced front steering Dampener/Stablizer, Checked alignment & set toe-- camber/caster.
I have been driving my truck for about 1 month. No more DEATH WOBBLE.
Most of the time I will not bring my truck to Ford for repair unless under warrant, I wish I had taken my truck to Ford first in this case sparing me the $1200 & $400 I paid at well respected 4x4 shops that wasted my time and money.
Todd

Gardena, CA

#277 Sep 1, 2010
I bought my 2005 F350 Supercrew longbed 2 years ago. Within a week I had the "death wobble" at least 5 times. Took it to Ford, they fixed under warranty. Since then even scarier things have happened. While driving appx 45-55mph on a 2 lane hwy the truck has hit pot holes and basically changed directions pitching into opposite lane. Fortunately no cars have been there or I am sure there would have been terrible accidents. This has happened on three different occations and I have only put 22k miles on the truck in 22 months.
Mark

Covina, CA

#278 Sep 4, 2010
Did you finally get this shaking resolved? I have a F250 Diesel crew cab with the same problem, after pot holes it violently shakes and the vehicle changes a half lane. The vehicle cost 50K plus and drives like the front end is broken with only 40k miles on it.
vince

Columbus, GA

#280 Sep 28, 2010
i have a 2000 f250 2wd i am also fortunate enough to be experiencing the DEATH WOBBLE. Mine shakes violently at speeds over 60mph. If someone finds a cure please post it.
Doug in AZ

Phoenix, AZ

#281 Nov 28, 2010
My F-350 super duty also sufferes from the famous Ford Death Wobble and like most of you, the dealer says there's nothing wrong that they can find.

I started quite a string of E-mails directly with Factory Ford and they have agreed to accept and allow me too send (via mail - Not via E-mail) a video showing how violent this shake is.

They still contend that they are unaware of any front end problems and continue to refer me back to my dealer, who as previously mentioned, says nothings wrong.

I;ll be sending the video via registered mail.

Personally, I believe a national, class action law suit is in order and not at all out of the question.
POPPAPORTER

United States

#282 Dec 18, 2010
the way I see this is fords not the only dealer with this problem my 06 f250 and my 01 dodge 2500 both have the same violently shaking front end Iv already spent all im going to on them replacing the four-weal drive unit is my last operation on them
HERRON

Portland, OR

#283 Dec 29, 2010
I have the Death Wobble... who will start the Class Action Suit?
F250 Lawsuit

Myakka City, FL

#284 Feb 3, 2011
I filed a lawsuit in Feb 2007 for the "Death Wobble" that was occurring to my 2005 5.4L 4x4 F250. It went on since then and the attorneys were trying to get the lawsuit filed as a class action suit. But apparently Ford has a lot of pull in the court system. I have not participated in any of the forums in the past two years because I thought we would have this resolved by now, but I was wrong. Ford made me a tiny offer to settle a couple of weeks ago because the attorneys that were working my case resigned from it due to health/financial reasons. I am currently looking for another attorney that is willing to take Ford on. There is another plaintiff named in the case that has been part of this lawsuit since 2008. He has the same problem with his truck that I have and all of you have. We all know it is a problem and it needs to be addressed. I have since got rid of my vehicle after Ford took it for part of a day to document it as evidence, but of course they were too chicken to drive it at interstate speeds, so of course it did not shake for them.
I am putting an email address in this for contact if anyone has a suggestion for an attorney to continue the 2007 case that I filed. There is already a lot of work done. I will check back for more postings.
cdremarc@gmail.com
Philip

Nevada, TX

#285 Feb 16, 2011
I have a 2006 F-250 that I bought new. I put a 4" lift on it a couple of months after I purchased the truck. I don't drive my truck very often so it only has 46,000 miles on it. After the first year I experienced the death wobble so I carried it back to 4 Wheel Parts where I had the lift installed. They installed 2 front end stabilizers, problem resolved until about a week ago. Luckily the 2 stabilizers have a life time warranty so I exchanged them today plus, purchased a new factory stabilizer. First thing this morning I had to remove the 2 front end stabilizers so that I could exchange them for the new ones. I left my house and made it about a mile down the road and bam DEATH WOBBLE. I turned around and went back home were I reinstalled the two worn out stabilizers so that I could make it to the shop. That was the reason why I purchased the factory stabilizer to replace the one that Ford installed, thinking that it was worn out. Owning my truck for the past 5 years and just now stumbling on this site, I didn't realize this was a common problem...
Bobby G

Mastic Beach, NY

#286 Mar 1, 2011
We all have to get ford to back up their trucks, that I always loved. They need to replace my ball joints and any front end parts that fail at only 63000 miles! That is sad! My old Fords lasted 200,000 before ball joints or anything fell apart! FORD DO THE RIGHT THING !
Super Duty owner

United States

#287 Mar 8, 2011
First of all, it doesnt take a genius to figure out when you look and drive a 250 or 350 that the're built like tanks. Either the lot boy took it romping, or maybe someone snuck the keys from your pocket late at night and had some fun. Or maybe your truck was built on December 24...? Either way, I have a 4x4 with about 700 hp and over 1300 pound feet of torque. I worry about things snapping my driveline. I do have a steering stabilizer, other than that my truck handles like a mustang. If you are having these problems you describe, it would be impossible for visual defect to not be obvious. And if you hit a big enough pothole fast enough, you will flip any vehicle!

Since: Feb 11

Myakka City, FL

#288 Mar 10, 2011
Super Duty owner wrote:
First of all, it doesnt take a genius to figure out when you look and drive a 250 or 350 that the're built like tanks. Either the lot boy took it romping, or maybe someone snuck the keys from your pocket late at night and had some fun. Or maybe your truck was built on December 24...? Either way, I have a 4x4 with about 700 hp and over 1300 pound feet of torque. I worry about things snapping my driveline. I do have a steering stabilizer, other than that my truck handles like a mustang. If you are having these problems you describe, it would be impossible for visual defect to not be obvious. And if you hit a big enough pothole fast enough, you will flip any vehicle!
It is not from potholes. It from somehing as simple as an expansion joint on an overpass at 65-70 mph--normal driving. Send me an email address and I'll send you the video of my truck. It was a 2005 5.4L gas 4x4 at factory height with Pro Comp tires on it. Nothing was changed on th truck at all. Ford rebuilt the entire front end, steering box, mesh gear, stabilizers,,,,you name it. They had it eight different times for a total of about 60 days during one year. They could not figure it out and threw every TSB they could at it before they finally just said it was my problem and they would not attempt any more repairs. I'll give the dealership credit for the year that they attempted to fix it, they just could not fix what was broken from the factory. 13K miles on lit and I could not drive it on the interstate without the truck shaking.
justin

Valdosta, GA

#289 Mar 22, 2011
After lifting my 06 8in, it still continued to almost kill me everyday!
billy boy

Santa Ana, CA

#290 Mar 23, 2011
I HAVE AN F250 4X4 2006 75K MILES FRONT END SHIMMYS SO BAD ON LONG LEFT GRADUAL EXIT THAT I AM FORCED TO SLAM BRAKES OR SLOW DOWN DRAMATICALLY TO REGAIN CONTROL, BOUGHT NEW RANCHO STEERING STABILIZER STILL DOES IT. IT IS BAD, SUPER SCARY, GONNA CAUSE AN ACCIDENT.
paul

Pompano Beach, FL

#291 Mar 25, 2011
have any of you filed a claim with the NTSB? i did last year. we need everyone to file a claim so they see the numbers involved.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ford F-250 Super Duty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
5TH Wheel HItch/bed rail issues Mar 18 Bruce 1
Wanting more power Mar 16 Mr Plow 1
white exhaust bellowing out of the tailpipe. Mar 16 phillcar 1
front end shake ford f-250 (Jan '07) Mar 15 Vkevin85 291
Rear end vibration at takeoff only (Oct '06) Mar 6 Robert - Cali 37
Best air intakes and exhausts for f250 gas engines Feb 27 Buffchick 1
F250 Brake Lines (Jun '06) Feb 27 Troy 57
More from around the web