Mr B

Quinton, VA

#228 Aug 22, 2008
I have a 2000 F250 SD, 2wd standard cab.
Same thing. Front end shakes. Front end started thumping at around 45000 miles, and progressed into the violent shaking.
I had new ball joints, steering arms, drag link, and tires, all replaced. Still thumps and can feel a slight shake once in a while. but getting worse.
The really weird thing is, every once in a while, the front end has a huge pull to the right, then goes away.
I've about had it.
Justin

Indio, CA

#229 Sep 10, 2008
Mr B wrote:
I have a 2000 F250 SD, 2wd standard cab.
Same thing. Front end shakes. Front end started thumping at around 45000 miles, and progressed into the violent shaking.
I had new ball joints, steering arms, drag link, and tires, all replaced. Still thumps and can feel a slight shake once in a while. but getting worse.
The really weird thing is, every once in a while, the front end has a huge pull to the right, then goes away.
I've about had it.
Have you been to the dealer? Don't think the TSB applies to 2000's but you could probably get them to do the work if not free, then discounted. Fixed ours, no problems since and they've been on a few long road trips since getting fixed.
Chris Haller

Happy Valley, OR

#230 Sep 18, 2008
Hi there,
We have a 2005 F350. We are very interested to hear what you have found out from your attorney.
We have the same issue with our truck shaking in corners! They call it the death shake. It just started within the last 9 months after 30K.
We have put a steering stabilizer on and all new RMX top of the line shocks! Still shakes. We pull a huge Fifth Wheel and Heaven forbid something happen when we are pulling it!
Feel free to call or email me, we are going to call the dealership that we bought it from!
Chris Haller
bhaller7170@yahoo.com
miagnemma wrote:
I am meeting with an attorney this week to see what they say. I will let you know how it turns out. As for something that you have already started, I am in.
tom

Addison, IL

#231 Sep 21, 2008
JSharp wrote:
Im thinking now that maybe it might be a missing wheel weight. I have a buddy who was having the same problem with a jeep he has. He went to get the tires balanced and aligned and foudn out he was missing a weight. He got it replaced and everything aligned and balanced and the problem was gone. I will let you know what I find out.
we are talking about fords dumb assssss
Kurt Mitchell

Thonotosassa, FL

#232 Oct 1, 2008
Mitchell & Bolliger PLLC with offices at 201 S. Westland Ave Tampa Fl 33606 and 186 Blaney Rd kittanning Pa 16201 is currently handling a state wide class action on this issue filed in Florida State Court. If you own a 2005,2006 or 2007 Ford F-250 or F-350 vehicle and experienced a violent shaking you may be entitled to legal relief. If you reside in either Florida or Pennsylvania contact my office and ask to speak with either Aldo Bolliger or myself for additional information. 1-888-357-1183
John Menchaca

United States

#234 Oct 4, 2008
I EXPERIENCED THE SAME PROBLEMS, IT HAPPENED WHILE MY WIFE WAS DRIVING IT AND IT SCARED THE HELL OUT OF HER. i FOUND OUT THAT MANY F250 OWNER ARE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEMS. i VISITED THE SERVICE DEPT OF A FORD DEALER AND i ASKED THE MANAGER IF HE HAD HAD PEOPLE COMPLAINT ABOUT THIS PROBLEM. hE SAID THAT HE HAD, AND THAT IT WAS IN THE FRONT END GEAR, REPLACING IT WOULD ELLIMINATE THE PROBLEM. tHEY HAVE A "FIX IT" MESSAGE FROM FORD. BUT YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR IT AND IT COSTS AROUND $300.00. This is not a Recall item, if your waranty is still good, they will fix it.
WCMOTORSPORTS

Brockton, MA

#235 Nov 6, 2008
I wanted to thank everyone for thier response to my post on our fix. I have had 100% success with this kit. It will work with both stock and lifted trucks. please feel free to email me @ WCMOTORSPORT@VERIZON.NET
Sean D

Baton Rouge, LA

#236 Jan 14, 2009
What kind of front end gear did they change? I have the same problem with my 2006 F250 FX4 Crew Cab with the 6.0L Stroker. I have an appointment on thursday the 15th with the dealership Hollingsworth Richards Ford. Note, I just purchased this truck used recently in november and it has been in the shop once already for this problem. Trying to find more info to arm myself with when I take it in.
Justin

Indio, CA

#237 Jan 23, 2009
IIRC they adjusted the toe and added a shim to fix the caster. There's TSB on it; the dealer ought to know what needs fixing. We brought our truck in and mentioned the problem to our service writer and the other guy immediately knew exactly what the problem was.
willyt

Havertown, PA

#238 Feb 11, 2009
I have same problem. 2005 f250. It almost killed me today. Going to dealer tomorrow. I filled out a complaint with NHTSA. The NHTSA action number is EA08007. Link to site http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/de...

Click on file a complaint and take the time to fill out the form. To date only 78 complaints have been filed but thousands of us are bitching on forums and in chat rooms.

“Heavy Duty Mechanic”

Since: Mar 09

Houston

#239 Mar 5, 2009
It is the front stabilizer shock. Get a good one at a 4x4 shop. $50 or $60 bucks. Can't believe the useless dealers don't know this. Its been a issue with straight front ends for ever
dbd

Watseka, IL

#240 Mar 25, 2009
ken wrote:
You need to file complaints with the NHTSA. After they have a collection of similar complaints, they can be prompted to conduct a formal invesitgation and force ford to remedy.
NHTSA: http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/
I have a 2002 diesel 250 - i have just noticed this problem after 140 thousand miles - mine may be something worn out, but the description of the problem sounds exactly like these newer vehicles.
rick james

New Bedford, MA

#241 Mar 29, 2009
i didn't have time to peruse the 232 pages previous. i do have the same issue with my 2006 f250 SD. Happened twice, second time shaking was so violent it blew the drivers door open. at speed of about 60 on the highway. Truck has 60k on it, anything we can do about this yet?
Tom

Jackson, MI

#242 Apr 29, 2009
My son just purchased a used 2006 f250 Sd with 47,000 miles. He has had it about 2 weeks and has experienced the violent front end shake about 3 times. The last occurence was so violent he crossed two lanes on I94 and was able to avoid hitting anyone or anything. He has returned vehicle to dealer for evaluation, but they can find nothing wrong. They suggested that the tire pressure was a bit low and told him that could cause it. Our local ford dealer said they knew nothing of this problem. The dealer he purchased it from said he could return the truck and get another vehicle if he chooses. I believe that is the direction that he is headed. Too Bad, it seemed like a Great Truck! Already spent $300 on new shocks that did'nt help either.
WC MOTORSPORTS

Newton Highlands, MA

#243 May 5, 2009
The NHTSA sent someone to our shop for 2 days to look at our fix. They found the cause , but did not know how to fix the problem. They looked at our fix and confirmed our design. I have sold over 75 bars to date with 100% success. here is our site superdutywobble.com
Bill Roach

AOL

#244 Jul 8, 2009
I have a 1996 F-250 with a lift kit but stock tires and wheels. I am 6'3" 290lbs. After hitting one pothole and sometimes not even that the shimmy is so bad I have to stop completely to eliminate it and I am not strong enough to control the steering (I can benchpress 325lbs}Ford says there is nothing wrong with the steering. The lift kit was professionally installed. Installer admits he has no answer. My heart goes out to the 120lb. girl that this might hsppen to. I have taken to not driving this think on the highway so as not to kill myself or anyone else. Point being it is not just the new ones also mine has 7.3DI turbo.
Joe in Amarillo

Toledo, OH

#245 Jul 28, 2009
2002 F250 Diesel - When speed drops to 20 and below, I feel a wheel hop in the right front. Have checked tires, turned rotors and installed new pads. Have 96,000 miles. Dealer thinks the hub needs replacing. About a $700 gamble. Any suggestions?
jeff poolman

Gainesville, GA

#246 Jul 28, 2009
i have a 2006 f-250 crew cab sd it does the exat same thing at 35,000 miles please call me if you where able to get ford to pay for the repair .I was told by southern off road this is a problem with the tie rods and they have to be replaced every 40,000 miles there is no fix for problem
mikes

Philadelphia, PA

#247 Jul 30, 2009
is it a twin i beam
David

Martinez, CA

#248 Aug 23, 2009
I have a 2005 ford f250(gas) I put a 6" lift on the truck gets the death wobble. I put the lift on right when I got the truck. It happened to me with about 8k miles on the lift. I put on cheap steering stablizers and the wobble was gone. Now I have about 30k miles on my truck and the death wobble is back. I guess I am going to get a better brand stabilizers and hope for the best. I look at the truck and don't even want to get into it anymore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ford F-250 Super Duty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
6 speed ZF650 swap Sep 8 billpool 1
F250 Brake Lines (Jun '06) Sep 3 PSDOwner 53
1999 v-8 idle drop while coasting Sep 2 bob 1
New F250 6.4 problems (Mar '07) Aug 31 peripheralthinker 223
front end shake ford f-250 (Jan '07) Aug 28 A Kolberg 286
Scanner needed Aug 24 harleyron74 1
rear main seal repleacment Jul '14 omg 1

Buy a New Car

Zipcode:
•••