ford 200 f150 stsrt problems
Robert

United States

#165 Jun 11, 2008
I have a 00 Ford f150 lariat 5.4 and every once in a while when i go to start my truck it makes a loud screeching sound. It doesnt do it all the time but every once in a while several times a month it will make a loud sound. Is it something wrong with the starter or more than that?
RECORD

El Dorado Hills, CA

#166 Jun 26, 2008
2007 FX2 Crew 5.4
Any real techs out there that really know how to deact the chimes on all counts; ( Headlights on, key in ignition, Oh!' Can't forget the famous 5 series chime when you start.)?? I clean pools for a living- you know, in and out of the truck all day hence the chimes alllll day...Any help would be outstanding. Thanks in advance.
reyes

Iowa City, IA

#167 Sep 16, 2008
I have same problem on my 2001 F-150 start most of the times, but some times won't start intill a while and some times start but run very quiet not normal.
I replace the *Idle Air Control Valve* and the ploblem got fix.
Edwin

Jacksonville, FL

#168 Sep 27, 2008
long story short, shot spark plug through coil. they replaced spark plug and coil, charged me $300 and still running rough as a cob. Another place put in a type of "seat" for the spark plug and its running better but I dont trust it.
any comments or suggestions,?
Erik

Miami, FL

#169 Oct 20, 2008
Hey, i have a 2000 F150 5.4L with a similar problem to some of you. I have narrowed it down to the PATS(Passive Anti Theft System) module. The PATS module reads a chip in your key so that the truck wont start with any other keys, even ones with the proper cuts made in them. Well, my truck normally starts up just fine. Occasionally, however, if i turn the key too fast, or just at random, I will hear a click and it seems like something cuts power off to the starter and the radio. Everything else seems to work fine, but the only way to start the truck when this happens is to let it sit, or to go under the hood and start it manually by jumping the contacts on the starter solenoid. I have yet to take it to a ford dealer because of the cost to simply have them look into the problem (90 dollars for inspection), but I'm certain the problem is with the PATS system. If anyone has any idea as to what I could do to solve this I would really appreciate any input,

Thanks,

Erik
Mike

Spanaway, WA

#170 Feb 16, 2009
I have a 2003 F150 SuperCrew with 4.6 that wont start. Changed the fuel pump, the relay, and the fuel filter. Still wont start. It turns over seems fine other than its like it isnt getting enough fuel. Asked around locally and nobody seems to know what else to do.Please help
George

South Salem, NY

#171 Feb 24, 2009
I have a 2005 ford f350 5.4. I have a hard time starting it in the morning.My meci. told me to keep turning the key on and off to prime the fuel pump and it worked. He changed the pump and still having the same problem. Can someone help me with this thanks
KEVIN

Farmington, MO

#172 Mar 31, 2009
toby wrote:
I have a 2002 f150 4x4 with a 5.4l it just started shuddering when i roll on to the throttle...between 1500 and 2000 rpm...most noticable at about 55-60 mph...any suggestions???
DID YOU GET AN ANSWER?
Craig

Lancaster, CA

#173 Apr 3, 2009
2002 f150 4.2 v6. Stalls while driving. Idles rough and stalls. Replaced fuel filter 2 weeks ago, ran good for a day. Put fuel injector cleaner in a full tank of gas. Ran great for the whole tank. Refueled...back to stalling. More injector cleaner,no more problems. Changed filter again,fininshed tank of gas no problems. New tank of gas, ran about 20 miles. Stalling again. I'm thinking the tank is dirty. Maybe the fuel pump. Truck has 170000 miles on it. Any thoughts?
Baygirl

AOL

#174 Apr 4, 2009
2000 f150 4x4 5.4 Been having coil issues for years,replaced #8 & #4 twice,#2,#3 once so far. Bob Bell Ford says it's due to the rain running down windshield and getting them wet it's a known issue but no fix but replace as need. Gota be another answer. suggestions please.
lugnutracing

Cross Timbers, MO

#175 May 7, 2009
My 1992 f150 with a 300 I6 motor is not starting anymore. It won't crank at all. The radio and the check engine light comes on after few moments But it won't do anything when I tun the key to start.
Rick

Lancaster, SC

#176 Jun 3, 2009
I have a 99-F150 lariat Truck runs great when it runs... If I run the truck for 10 minutes (or to get it relatively hot) it will not start ie: The starter will not get power to it. All dummy lights light and the battery has good power. If I let sit for 1-2 hours (time to cool) it will start again and run fine. Every time it will do this. and when the starter is not starting....the radio will not work as well, problem is very consistent.
derrick

Canton, GA

#177 Jun 3, 2009
paul salva wrote:
i have a 2000 fi50 5.4 engine having start problems had the fuel filter changed had the fuel injector cln'd but every now and then the truck won't start let it sit over night and it starts will run fine for a couple weeks then you start it runs good then shut it off and it won't start unless you let it sit again for awhile then it starts right up
get the key reprogrammed that should fix it
derrick

Canton, GA

#178 Jun 3, 2009
lugnutracing wrote:
My 1992 f150 with a 300 I6 motor is not starting anymore. It won't crank at all. The radio and the check engine light comes on after few moments But it won't do anything when I tun the key to start.
they have fusible link going to the starter it is the wire
derrick

Canton, GA

#179 Jun 3, 2009
Robert wrote:
I have a 00 Ford f150 lariat 5.4 and every once in a while when i go to start my truck it makes a loud screeching sound. It doesnt do it all the time but every once in a while several times a month it will make a loud sound. Is it something wrong with the starter or more than that?
check your starter gear and fly wheel
derrick

Canton, GA

#180 Jun 3, 2009
Lee wrote:
Truck makes noise similiar to when you try to strat your engine while its on. Some say it might be starter can anyone help?
check the starter drive gear it might be worn down and check the fly wheel
derrick

Canton, GA

#181 Jun 3, 2009
i have a 2001 ford f150 5.4 4x4 i have had coil problems every since i've had the truck. they make a tool to find the bad coil. now i have another problem it started ticking and it sounds like a valve but sure and its lost power. i had it dyno and its got 210 hp and 399 tq
kevin

Naperville, IL

#182 Jun 5, 2009
2003 f-150 randomly doesnt start. wait several hours and it starts and runs for weeks ok. then happens again. see same problem in these posts but no consistent answer.
diverdbc

Pensacola, FL

#183 Jun 11, 2009
My 98 F150 4.6L will not start. It turns over strong but will not crank up. I applied fuel directly into intake so its not a fuel issue but instead it has no spark.
boomer

United States

#184 Aug 2, 2009
kevin wrote:
2003 f-150 randomly doesnt start. wait several hours and it starts and runs for weeks ok. then happens again. see same problem in these posts but no consistent answer.
Same thing here. Problem seems quite a bit worse during hot weather. Truck sitting for hours in hot (over 90) won't start. When temps drop (below 80) at night it will fire right up. Always starts in cooler morning temps.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ford F-150 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
97 F150 4.6l intermittent rough idle (Dec '07) Jul 23 rambler12345 20
blown pcm fuse on 98 f150 with 4.2 (Aug '07) Jul 4 ll wires with solder 20
News Feds Urged to Act on Ford Spark Plug Blow-Outs (Jan '06) Jul 4 Russell A Martinez 1,367
2009 f150 crew keyless entry code (Feb '11) Jun '17 BSteele 3
News You Don't Have to Wait for Tesla to Get Your El... May '17 Solarman 1
Theft light flashing crank no start Apr '17 Momo 1
2006 F150 king ranch 5.4l 4x4 has a miss fire t... Mar '17 jwgonehunting 2
More from around the web