ford 200 f150 stsrt problems
chels

United States

#225 Jul 6, 2011
I have a ford f 150 4.6L 2002. We had it diagnosed and and the code was p1401 we replaced the dpfe sensor but it still continues to do the same
Tim

Toledo, OH

#226 Jul 12, 2011
Just bought a 2000 F1506 cylinder. Unhook battery to clean corrision, hook battery back up truck ran fine. Next morning started truck and digit mile counter just had lines no numbers, speed od. did not work, check engine light was on and oil light, turn truck off to reset and would not start truck started again but dash is still having problems.
Ken

Wilbraham, MA

#227 Aug 13, 2011
I have a 2000 F150 4.6 and when the truck sits in the sun on a hot day it wont start. fuel pump does not turn on. after the sun goes down the truck runs fine. has a new fuel pump. changed the relay. any ideas?
Dion665

United States

#228 Aug 13, 2011
Dion665 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you ever figure out what was wrong with your truck and how to fix it? I have a 2001 F-150 5.4 liter that is exhibiting the same behavior. Seems to me to be a heat issue. When the truck gets hot either though driving or sitting in the hot sun it will not crank but let it cool off an it starts up just fine.
Thanks,
[email protected]
My problem turned out to be a starter solenoid going bad. When the truck heated up it didn't reset properly until it cooled down. I replaced the solenoid and the problem went away!
dee Simpson

United States

#229 Aug 22, 2011
2000 F150 129,000 miles. Wouldn't start for me after being in store shopping. It wanted to turn over but wouldn't catch...hit the fuel pump with a hammer...waited, still wouldn't start. Wacked fuel pump again...still wouldn't start. Left the truck and called a tow truck. 20 minutes later tow truck driver jumped into truck and it turned right over! Had the fuel pump checked the next day at garage it registered fine, nothing wrong. Battery checked too that's fine. What's my next step? Friend told me to change the fuel filter...but wouldn't that show up on fuel pump test if it was failing?
Bryan

Latrobe, PA

#230 Sep 21, 2011
I have a 2000 F150 that sometimes wont start.Spent all day on the computer at the ford garage & they didnt find anything wrong. This may be my last Ford ! Last week it did this 3 times..
cliff

Brandon, MS

#231 Sep 28, 2011
rob wrote:
are the coil packs hard to change ? looking at it they seem to slip over the spark plug , but i see a igniation wires from the coil pack , do i unplug them + insert them into the new coil pack?
any help with this would be greatly apprecaited
thnaks
unplug the wire to the coil pack...remove the 7mm mount screw and pull the coil pack out.install new coil pack,mount screw, and connect plug, i used dielectric grease to help seal out moisture on the new coil pack...just squirt it in the end of the boot that contacts the spark plug..coil pack 50 bucks..grease 3 bucks and its easy to do yourself. you may need to unplug the wire to the fuel injector for room to work ...then just plug it back in when done.
brek

Vallecito, CA

#232 Oct 3, 2011
Three f150s 99 to 03 1 2001 did not start change fuel pump runs well now 03 change fuel pump still does not run well runs 10 minutes shuts off
Stan Graves

Olney, TX

#233 Nov 18, 2011
Terry wrote:
I have a 1999 F-150 4x4 with 151,ooo Km. When I turn the key it is "cranking" but not "firing". New fuel filter was put on 18 months ago and a new gas tank. Also the o2 censor was done about 4 months ago. Really bad fuel mileage, about 450 km to a tank. Is it a fuse for the fue pump? It is also sittng with a full tank of fuel. Please help, thankyou.
Try spraying some gas through the intake and try starting. If it does start, the fuel pump is not getting any fire from the battery.
If it still does not start after spraying gas in the intake, your not getting any fire through your ignition coils.
Stan Graves

Olney, TX

#234 Nov 18, 2011
rich wrote:
I have a 2000 F-150 that when I start the engine it reset the radio clock to 1200. Does't happen all the time just when it has been sitting a long time, like overnight.
Some radio have two hot wires, one that works off the accessories, and another that is hot all the time to keep the clock running. Check all the fuses, and if this doesn't work it could be an internal problem with the radio. Does your truck have an power antena?
Brian

United States

#235 Nov 25, 2011
My 01 f150 just clicks when I turn over the ignition but when I hot wire it it'll fire right up...........can anyone tell me what the problem is
mike

West Paducah, KY

#236 Nov 26, 2011
sometimes my 2002 ford f150 wont start because something is draining my battery ford dealer can't find the problem
DrJuice

Hamlin, NY

#237 Nov 26, 2011
Mike wrote:
I have a 2003 F150 SuperCrew with 4.6 that wont start. Changed the fuel pump, the relay, and the fuel filter. Still wont start. It turns over seems fine other than its like it isnt getting enough fuel. Asked around locally and nobody seems to know what else to do.Please help
You need to find out if your vehicle is getting spark or fuel. Pull a spark plug wire out of 1 of cylinders and lay it up against engine block or a test light and see if it sparks or not. If it does its most likely a fuel issue. To find out if u are getting fuel spray some starting fluid into carburator. If your vehicle starts and stalls then you have a clogged filter or bad pump.
Jenny Purrr

Atlanta, GA

#238 Dec 1, 2011
I have a 2000 F150 4.6L Triton. I just RECENTLY had the battery replaced thinking that it would fix my starting issues. Well, it did for a few days, but then the problem reoccured. I noticed before I changed the battery, that when I went to start my truck, the instrument panel needles would jump all the way forward and then level out to normal WHEN the truck would start. It had NEVER done that before! It did it once more when I actually replaced the battery but hasn't done it since.??? Now the truck won't start. The starter turns but won't turn the motor. Lights are all working, everything works normal EXCEPT it won't start. I'm thinking fuel pump? Filter? I'm not really sure at this point. It threw me off when the gauges started acting weird. Like it was electrical or something... PLEASE HELP!

Email ANYTIME: [email protected]
Ron

Midlothian, VA

#239 Dec 3, 2011
Mark wrote:
My 1995 Ford F150 intermittently won't start. One day it's fine, the next day it'll start but 2 hours later it won't. But if I crank it 15 or 20 times then it will start. Mechanic has replaced the following: rotor and distributor cap, new fuel filter, and new relay which something to do with the fuel injection. Both fuel pumps (dual tanks) can be heard when key is turned on. ANy help would be appreciated.
We have the exact same truck with the same problems. Did you ever get yours fixed? What was the cause??
Sean

Arlington, TX

#240 Dec 5, 2011
rob wrote:
<quoted text>
I HAVE F150 ,2000 4.6 REPLACED COIL PACKS CYL. 1 + 2 NOW 4 IS ACTING UP . WHEN IT RAINS IT WILL SPIT OUT A CODE . NOW IT WON'T START WANTS TO I HAVE ENOUGH CRANKING AMPS , WATER IS GETTING IN THERE,
Leaking windshield you need to seal and try to always park in a garage when cold or raining
Scott

United States

#241 Dec 5, 2011
I have a 2000 f150 with 5.4. It will turn over but wont start like its not getting gas. I can let it sit for awhile and with start and sometimes it wont. I will let it sit for a couple of days and wont start. I changed fuel filter and fuel pump relay and should I change the duel pump?
Robert

Jacksonville, FL

#242 Dec 15, 2011
I have a 2003 Ford F-150, 4.6 L.
stopped at at store and 10 minutes or so came back out and it wouldn't start.
I was told it was the starter so I bought and replaced the starter and still won't start.
We never had any problems with the truck, and it seemed to just quit. Anyone have an answer or idea ?
Robert

Jacksonville, FL

#243 Dec 19, 2011
Any ideas ? don't want to spend a fortune having it towed to a mechanic and fixed,
Thanks everyone.
Dave1

United States

#244 Feb 16, 2012
I have a 2001 f150 with a 54 in it when ever the tank is above half to full it has a problem starting. It will crank and crank nothing happens then after a few tries it starts. I thought it mite be the fuel pump but it dosen't do it all the time any suggestions?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ford F-150 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
f150 drivetrain vibration (Apr '08) Aug 13 vicker 66
News Feds Urged to Act on Ford Spark Plug Blow-Outs (Jan '06) Jul 30 Unna smith 1,368
97 F150 4.6l intermittent rough idle (Dec '07) Jul 23 rambler12345 20
blown pcm fuse on 98 f150 with 4.2 (Aug '07) Jul '17 ll wires with solder 20
2009 f150 crew keyless entry code (Feb '11) Jun '17 BSteele 3
News You Don't Have to Wait for Tesla to Get Your El... May '17 Solarman 1
Theft light flashing crank no start Apr '17 Momo 1
More from around the web