Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Apr 22, 2014
Joe

Sanford, ME

#1 Dec 10, 2006
I have a 1994 Ford F150 and recently has developed a bit of a idling problem. After a few minutes of driving and the engine warming up a bit, the throttle will stay wide open even when I depress the clutch. A local mechanic recently replaced the throttle sensor and this did not help my problem. Any help would be much appreciated.
Marc20

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#2 Jan 25, 2007
I have a 1997 F-150 and the throttle keeps sticking, even without pressing the gas. Its very dangerous, but when I brought it into the shop they say there's nothing wrong. Does anyone have any comments?
Kit

Petoskey, MI

#3 Feb 17, 2007
I have a 97 with the same problem. Replaced the throttle cable, cleaned the throttle body, and then replaced the throttle body. Nothing. Then disconnected the speed control cable from the cruise control today. That worked so I will replace the cable if things are OK for a few days.
Brian

Quantico, VA

#4 Feb 19, 2007
Kit has the right idea. Its definetly something else that is hanging up your throttle. Have you gotten a code? TPS will generally cause a code to be stored. Do you have any other driveability problems? MAF can cause a bad idle, spray it down with some cleaner from your local auto parts store. Did your mechanic reset the PCM when he reinstalled the TPS? If not, its still stored and needs to be unhooked from the battery for a while. Then started and without touching the gas, allow it to hunt for its idle, it will be irradic until it re-learns it. For Kit and possibly Marc20, it sounds like your eletronic cruise control may be the culprit. A VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) can cause that to mess up, or it could just be faulted itself. The VSS is mounted on the output shaft of your trucks. Of course though the VSS also give you your speedometer. So if it still works correctly, ignore the VSS. Hope this helps.
mike

AOL

#5 Jan 5, 2008
My wife was driving my 2004 f-150 when she put it in reverse she said the truck idle up high and took off. She then put it in drive and it did the same thing. This all happened on Dec. 31 2007. i am wondering if there was a recall on these.
Zach

Danielson, CT

#6 Apr 22, 2014
Joe wrote:
I have a 1994 Ford F150 and recently has developed a bit of a idling problem. After a few minutes of driving and the engine warming up a bit, the throttle will stay wide open even when I depress the clutch. A local mechanic recently replaced the throttle sensor and this did not help my problem. Any help would be much appreciated.
Have you come up with solution for throttle sticking. I have 94 ford f150 with 5.0efi,5spd. Having same issue

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ford F-150 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Feds Urged to Act on Ford Spark Plug Blow-Outs (Jan '06) 10 hr daltondj 1,338
Ford Begins Plant Revamp For Aluminum F-150s Aug 27 Kevin 1
Ford Takes Transit Connect To Market With 'Farm... Aug 18 superwilly 1
Cold Air Intake Problem Whinning Noise (Dec '06) Aug 13 Jason 46
2014 f 150 illuminated entry feature Aug 10 ljb 1
f150 drivetrain vibration (Apr '08) Jul '14 Muleair2 45
2002 F-150 4.2 auto 2 wheel drive Jul '14 Rick 1

Buy a New Car

Zipcode:
•••