06 ford f150 windshield leak
Ricky the Rocket

Farmington, MN

#22 Nov 14, 2008
I have finally had enough of the wet gem module syndrome. I'm taking my 02 F150 to a glass shop next week. They know all about Ford's leaky windshields, and claim they can seal it up for 20.00.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#23 Nov 14, 2008
Ricky the Rocket wrote:
I have finally had enough of the wet gem module syndrome. I'm taking my 02 F150 to a glass shop next week. They know all about Ford's leaky windshields, and claim they can seal it up for 20.00.
The glass shops are far superior to the dealership mechanics. That was my experience also, albeit with a BMW. I have a 2008 F150, and a 2002.
shawn dufour

Hamilton, Canada

#24 Nov 15, 2008
hamilton ont canada ---- have a 97 xl f150 and have a water problem had to replace the main fuse box under the dash because of water problens cost 320.00 i think iam going to replace the windshield....
shawn dufour

Hamilton, Canada

#25 Nov 15, 2008
would love to get in on that class a action suit...my e mail is [email protected] thanks
galoot

United States

#26 Dec 9, 2008
2001 F-150 4X4 supercab--windshield leak-somewhere...
Holly

AOL

#27 Dec 10, 2008
We have a 2007 ford focus, and have water accumulating on floor on drivers side. Only thing we can figure is the windshield might be leaking but are seeing no visible drips or leaks, and the inside of the windshield gets extremely wet so it takes a long time to defog. The windshield was replaced when we bought the car because of a crack, and are in the process of trying to get the dealership where it was done to look at it and fix it..at their cost!!
Nathan Allen

United States

#28 Dec 16, 2008
CLASS ACTION YEAH!!! I'm all in.([email protected]) I have the same problem, water leaking from somewhere into the dash and finally accumulating on the driver side floor mat. I have a 2001 f-150 crew cab. The leak started about a year ago with no problems at first, but now I have weird electrical problems, like dash lights staying on, door ajar tones when key is out of the ignition, heater blower staying on when key is out, and here is the really weird one, windshield wipers won't come on unless the shifter is in park, also the wipers won't go off unless the shifter is in park. The only way they will change at all, is if it is in park, no matter where I set them, plus a few more strange problems. The only thing GOOD I can say is, after it dries out, everything goes back to normal, FOR NOW!!!([email protected]) CLASS ACTION!!!
Nathan Allen

United States

#29 Dec 16, 2008
I googled this problem to see if I cold find an answer to fix this problem. I found this forum on the second page. It needs to be on the first page at least, if not the first link.
shawn dufour

Hamilton, Canada

#30 Dec 28, 2008
would like to thank all my ford guys out there that helped me out ..it was the windshield top driver side ...the water would go down inside on the A piller and wake its way on my main fuse box and fu-k up alot of electrical problems.....so far its all good at this time .....anyone with this same problem should do a air test around the windshield.....just put water and soap and then blow air thought--- going from the inside going out ..and you should find your water leak
Daniel M

Marietta, GA

#31 Jan 7, 2009
I have a 01 supercrew that leaks water too.
I haven't had any electrical problems yet and hopefully won't. Mine leaks in from where the grab handle attaches to the A pillar
it also leaks in at the back glass rear right corner.
Is the best fix to take it to an auto glass repair shop?
has anyone heard if Ford is going to do anything about it?
James Smith in Michigan

Redford, MI

#32 Jan 14, 2009
I have a 2001 F-150 Crew Cab that started leaking a little while ago. I took it to a glass shop that tried to patch it without removing the windshield and replacing the gasket. It just changed the direction of the leak. Before I could get it back in to be fixed right it melted down. It's in the shop right now and the estimate is over 600 for a new fuse box and starter. It will probably go up. Anyone contact a lawyer yet?
Brian

Saint Joseph, MI

#33 Jan 16, 2009
Same problems on my 1999 F-150. Truck tries to start on it's own, windshield wipers will only turn on if truck is in neutral. Dealership wants $990 to replace GEM, Headlight switch, and rewire some stuff. I can't believe there are so many people with this problem. Email is [email protected], I think we need class action here.
David

Garland, TX

#34 Jan 31, 2009
[email protected]

2003 supercab, windshield leak, caused the gem to short out, and fuse box. Right at 1,000. If they cant re seal with windshield, they will need to replace it, add another 300 bux to the bill.
John D

Waukesha, WI

#35 Feb 11, 2009
2005 F-150 King Ranch with a windshield that seperated from the vehicle. Bought it new -Dealership said it was a replacement - had to pay the cost for re-setting. Now along the edges "goo" is evident. I hate Ford for their unethical practices and pray the company tanks.
Save time, money and greif - Don't Buy Ford !!!
dissatisfied ford owner

United States

#36 Mar 11, 2009
I own a 2000 Ford F-150 that has the same problems, The windshield leaks in the upper drivers side of the windshield. Had to replace the GEm Module, Fuse block and windshield. Ford said that trhey are not responsible. I will not buy any more Ford products.
deb

AOL

#37 Apr 7, 2009
we have just had our f250 sd repaired due to
a windshield leak. it fried the gem mod and
fuse box. over $1700. this is the 3rd truck
that hubby bought. the second one just caught
on fire in our driveway and we hadn't driven it
for a week. no help from Ford on either issue.
i advise if you see the slightest leak, take it
and get your windshield re-sealed. it will save
you a lot of dollars and stress. i hope he
will not look to buy another Ford ever!!
don

Lawrenceburg, KY

#38 Apr 7, 2009
2006 ford 150 super cab at 55 mph bad wind leak in windsheild area no water leaks carpet is allway dry.
Baygirl

AOL

#39 Apr 7, 2009
2000 f150 4x4 5.4 79,000 miles only.Been having rain / water issues for years.Had to replace coils,wires ,plugs several times.Dealer didn't know why at first,then said it was due to the windshield. I had that replaced at my cost after thier repairs did nothing.But low and behold same bucking,feeling like the truck was going to stall at around 45 to 65 miles an hour. Ford then said it is water coming in through the hood from running down the windshield and getting the coil area wet. So now I put a waterproof canas over the hood when I know it's going to rain.There has to be a better way.
Al D

Wantagh, NY

#40 Apr 21, 2009
I have the same issue with my ford f150 2002 supercrew. 2-4 years ago after having electronic issues, I read up on line and had the windshield removed and resealed. No problems after the GEM dried out. However, leak has recently returned and shorted out my electronic compass. The electronic gremlins are back. Time to have the window resealed again. [email protected]
DAVID LALIBERTE wrote:
i have a ford 2002 f150 crew with the same problem they told me its not covered under my extended warranty they told me i would have to replace my windshiel 275.00 get a new fuse box 165.00 a new genetic electronic modular (gem)275.00 labor 260.00 tax 70.00 for a total of almost 1050.00 this should not be happing i'm sure there's thousands of us out there. i'm with you if you want to push foward.here's my e-mail address [email protected]
judy

AOL

#41 May 16, 2009
just bought a 2004 f-150, water stands in drivers side floor and horn goes off for no reason. never buy another ford!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ford F-150 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2004 F-150 rear brakes (Apr '07) Aug 1 smarter than THAT... 86
Ford f150 Throttle sticking open (Dec '06) Jul 18 Vaquero 8
f150 drivetrain vibration (Apr '08) Jul 16 DLL2015 57
News Feds Urged to Act on Ford Spark Plug Blow-Outs (Jan '06) Jul 10 jlbbaird 1,348
James Jul '15 Jestew 1
News Why Ford Is Right In Choosing Not To Reboot Thi... Jun '15 pchaneyfordranger 1
reflection 2015ford f150 Jun '15 jim 1
More from around the web