06 ford f150 windshield leak

Posted in the Ford F-150 Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
BILL

Lakeville, MN

#1 Feb 13, 2007
ORIGINAL WINDSHIELD. HAD IT RESEALED UNDER WARRANTY.
STILL AIR BLOWS IN. WHAT ELSE COULD BE CAUSING THIS AIR LEAK?
Dillon

Winnipeg, Canada

#3 Jun 15, 2007
I also have a 2006 F150 with a wind noise near the top edge of the front windshield... dealer says the noise is normal. I wish it was quieter on the highway like my 10 year old Mini-van.
MDK228

Bridgeport, CT

#4 Jun 24, 2007
I've got a 2002 Mercury Mountaineer with the same air noise from the top of the windshield. Dealer doesn't give a damn. No wonder Ford is going broke.
Randy

Windber, PA

#5 Sep 5, 2007
My 2001 Supercrew windshield leak continues to cause problems to this day.....Ford does not care. My windshield leaked from the day I drove it off the lot brand new and they would not replace it only ad more "goo" to seal the leak. This only made it worse. Don't worry about the wind noise worry about water entering the engine and vehicle electronics. This is when it gets expensive.
Roy

Fredericksburg, VA

#6 Jan 4, 2008
I have a 2002 ford f-150 supercab that has a winshield leak and has cause damage to underdash electronics parts.
Ford does not care !!!!!!!!!! and I don't know how to fix the problem.
Any suggestions
Thanks
Roy
Josh

Seattle, WA

#7 Jan 7, 2008
I have a 98 F-150 and found out that the windshield leak common in Ford. It seems that they are unwilling to take responsibility for this and is costing all of us money. My windshield leaks and ruined electronics in my truck and will cost me thousands of dollars. I am thinking of filling a class action suit if I can find more with similar problems. Feel free to contact me and share your stories to see if we cant get ford to fix this problem. [email protected]
DAVID LALIBERTE

Johnston, RI

#8 Feb 7, 2008
i have a ford 2002 f150 crew with the same problem they told me its not covered under my extended warranty they told me i would have to replace my windshiel 275.00 get a new fuse box 165.00 a new genetic electronic modular (gem)275.00 labor 260.00 tax 70.00 for a total of almost 1050.00 this should not be happing i'm sure there's thousands of us out there. i'm with you if you want to push foward.here's my e-mail address [email protected]
Thane

Antigonish, Canada

#9 Feb 16, 2008
i have a2006 f 150 with air leak since new and over 120 ks it whistles had to dealer 3 yimes and no      satisfaction not impressed.
Laura

Gaylord, MI

#10 Feb 20, 2008
I also have a 2002 Ford F-150 crew that has a windshield leak, it was leaking so bad that it shorted out the heater motor. Is in getting fixed for that right now. If it is not in the garage where it is dry and not raining, who knows what else will happen to it. I hope not much more. Like we can all drive around in a bubble to keep the rain out. Ford needs to fix this problem
here's my email. [email protected]
Duc

Houston, TX

#11 Mar 25, 2008
I have the same problem with my 2000 Expedition.
Here is my email. [email protected]
Audrey

Columbia, MO

#12 May 8, 2008
I have an F150 2002 and I just had the problem happen to me today. The Frod shop is talking about 1100 to 1400 to fix it. I say a class action suit should be filed. I know it would be nice to have a problem that's their fault paid for, even if I have to pay for it first. I'm looking for [email protected] to tell us more about the possibility of this. I wonder if there are any more websites out there that have Ford owners with problems.
Lance

Stoney Creek, Canada

#13 May 9, 2008
I'm at [email protected] I have the same leak and electronic failures you all have had. Solution: replace all at my cost and have the window fixed. Speedy Glass fixed it and told me that the window had not been primed when it was installed at factory. Ford: Will not do anything on this and have banned me from their website (claimed I was libelous) There are 10 separate filed complaints with the US Dept. of Transportation and I have filed with the Canadian equivalent. If anyone is thinking of a class action, let me know - hopefully a Canadian can join in. Repairs: heater motor, fuse box and module along with anti-theft and window motors - all fried.
Cheese

AOL

#14 Jun 19, 2008
I have a 2002 F-150 step side with a leak that is causing the truck to start with no key in the ingition, lights to flash and radio to play. There have also been other problems and various expense to try and fix the problem. I am moving on to the windshield and GEM, fuse box to hopefully fix the problem. I am also in for a class action. [email protected]
Lance

Oakville, Canada

#15 Jul 22, 2008
I decided that this problem needs to have more exposure and have developed a blog on the matter. If you could go to

http://fordf150news.wordpress.com/

and take a look I'd appreciate it. If you agree with what you see, pass the link around and we'll see if we can get more support. Not paid advertising like Ford, but it's all we have.
2002 king ranch

United States

#16 Aug 19, 2008
same problem as 100's of others. windshield leaking, gets electronic parts wet, causes 1000's of dollars in damage, we all need to get togather for a class action suite, ford don't care, matter fact service man said it would be cheaper to pay the law suite that to fix them all. that big corporations at work. by that is americans boycott ford motor company.
Ken

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#17 Sep 25, 2008
2003 F150 Crew windshield leak is causing all sorts of electrical problems. I have owned Ford trucks for 35 years. Many, many other quality problems. Next truck will not be a Ford. Anyone know of a class action?
Bob J

Lewes, DE

#18 Sep 27, 2008
I have a F-150 Crew 03'. I've had it for 5 1/2 years and 218,000 miles. And 2 days ago I tried to use my windshield wipers and that is when all the fun began.
I drove to the shop that I trust with the wipers only working 1/3rd of the time. As the truck sat in the parking spot, it continued to "melt down". With the keys in my pocket and not in the truck, all the dashboard lights, the fans, the wipers started flashing and going on and off like a pinball machine. Someday that will seem funny, but not today.
This shop is next to the Ford dealer, so Chris walked over to talk about my trucks issues with a friend of his there. That Ford man know right away what the cause was. The Leak in the windshield, and it running to the fuse box and more.
In the 5 plus years I had the truck, I never got a recall for that.
This will be about $1000 out of my pocket. Maybe a little under that.
This is my 3rd Ford F-150 and my last. I was a "Ford Guy" up until Thursday.
They knew of the problem and said NOTHING. If I had a clue, I would have had Mister Glass or Go-Glass fix the windshield at my cost for a lot less then this is going to cost me.
I'm also going to continue to make noise about this to all those I can.
EBurd

Auburn, AL

#19 Oct 24, 2008
So, I went from driving a 16 year old Honda with 300K mi to a superneat 2003 Ford F150. And while the locks and fans are freaking out with the keys in my hand and the lady at the Ford place is telling me I'm looking at 2K in repairs as it IS NOT covered under my superduper expensive warranty I can tell you that this is the very first and LAST ford product I will ever buy. And we're stuck with it. FORD NEEDS TO BACK UP THEIR DESIGN FLAW. Honda would. Hyundai would. Toyota would.
cfree

Akron, IA

#20 Nov 3, 2008
i too have had many problems with a leak that gets the electrical wet under the steering column. When I would take the key out after a rain the defrost blowers would turn on and ultimately kill the battery. Occasionally the radio would go out, the 4x4 light would flash, and the windshield wipers would not work. I took my 2002 F-150 Supercrew to a Ford dealership 3 times and they said each time they could not find a problem. They suggested I replace the windshield. Now the radio won't turn on and the windshield wipers won't work. I am extremely pissed that this seems to be a common theme and yet Ford acts like they've never heard of this issue before. Wanted to look into other options prior to putting in a new windshield thinking that this didn't sound like a viable solution. Thinking about trying to seal the windshield myself with a silicone caulk. Anyone else try and fix it on their own?

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#21 Nov 8, 2008
I've had Fords all my life and never had a leaky windshield. My wife's 1985 BMW 320i windshield leaked a week after she bought it. They changed the windshield 3 times, and said that's all they could do. Took it to a local shop, got a new gasket put in it, and no problems the rest of the time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ford F-150 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keyless Entry Master Code (Jul '06) Thu Scoutmaster 141
News Feds Urged to Act on Ford Spark Plug Blow-Outs (Jan '06) Jun 25 Garth Vander Vorst 1,359
News Why American utes like the Ford F-150 aren't ru... Jun 21 Jayj 1
News Strategic Vision Total Quality Awards Claim Ame... Jun 18 Solarman 1
f150 drivetrain vibration (Apr '08) Jun 5 craig bunn 61
Pcm fuse issue on forld F-150 4.2 May '16 Cissy2032 1
blown pcm fuse on 98 f150 with 4.2 (Aug '07) May '16 Cissy2032 19
More from around the web