4evryg

Collierville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2008

has anyone had problems with vibrations? i jacked up the rear and 45 to 55 mph there is drivetrain vibraion. i have been to 3 dealers without any sucess
4evryg

Collierville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2008

it is a o6 f150 5.4
YML

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2008

4evryg wrote:
it is a o6 f150 5.4
I just bought a 2008 f 150 4x4 that has serious vibration at 55 mph. I have had it at the dealer x3. They keep telling me that is normal ride for a truck, but I have a 1994 F150 that rides better than this new one.
rich

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2008

4evryg wrote:
has anyone had problems with vibrations? i jacked up the rear and 45 to 55 mph there is drivetrain vibraion. i have been to 3 dealers without any sucess
I have had similar problems for 2 yrs. drove me crazy. finally traced it to the emergency brake/cable not releasing enough at the wheel linkage.
rich

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2008

I have had the same situation on my 02 F-150 for 2 yrs. Finally traced it back to the rear E-Brake cables not releasing completely. Try applying e-brake while driving 45mph or more. Wheel-hop @ 40 and around 70-vibration. just enough to make the ride uncomfortable and annoying.
Chad

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2008

YML wrote:
<quoted text>
I just bought a 2008 f 150 4x4 that has serious vibration at 55 mph. I have had it at the dealer x3. They keep telling me that is normal ride for a truck, but I have a 1994 F150 that rides better than this new one.
I have a 2008 F-150 FX4. I has been in the shop a total of 16 days for driving vibrations. I had a 06 that I bought new (lease) that drove great. it is at the dealership again and they tell me that a FORD Engineer is coming out so look at it. You can email me at chad@peocessingpros.net
Steve

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2008

I purchased a new F-150,'08 & a Expedition Eddie Bauer,'08... they both vibrate at speeds from mid 20's to 70mph.
Brought into Ford 3x and they Forced balanced tires, changed all 4 tires for new, performed a wheel alignment... and still it has the same vibration (side to side) motion.
Something is certainly not aligned.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2008

I had an 02, and the driveshaft was a little bent. You couldn't see it but it vibrated between 40 and 65. Couldn't retube it because of the rubber balancer thingie on it. New one was $800.00!! I now have an 08, and the parking brake cable stuck a week after I bought it. It's all fixed now.
Rick

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2008

Got a 04 FX4 Vibrated at 60 to 70. I see that alot of people have this problem.
rob p

Mississauga, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2009

i have a new 2008 fx2 with vibration problems at hiway speeds.side to side vibrations seems to be the worst.this truck has only 1223 kilometers!i have taken it back to ford 4 times and only get the runaround.my 1998 stx was a better truck to drive
Coronabeer

Sylmar, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2009

4evryg wrote:
I had a similar issue. It took them a few tries to fix it. They replaced my enitre rear end and it didnt fix it. In the end it was the driveshaft.
That was in 01/07. Its now 01/09 and its the same issue. As i take off I hear 2 clunks.
I would trade it in for a Tundra but I owe over 30K still and my truck is only worth 16K. Its an 06 Lariat fully loaded 4x4.
Kenny

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2009

Well did anyone get it fixed, I have a 2008 STX 4x4 with 15000 miles and it has been to Ford many times with the same answer,they say its just the way it is, a truck vibrates.Well I guess I should have bought a Chevy.
boneal macon ga

Pearland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

Kenny wrote:
Well did anyone get it fixed, I have a 2008 STX 4x4 with 15000 miles and it has been to Ford many times with the same answer,they say its just the way it is, a truck vibrates.Well I guess I should have bought a Chevy.
I have the same problem in a 2008 F150 STX 2 whl drive. It has been to the dealer 5 times, balanced original tires 3 times with no help, replaced tires with differnt brand and it helped some, replaced tires again but no difference. Ford engineer says nothing is wrong, that vibration is caused by beefed up chasis and re-enforced cab. My wife refuses to ride in this truck, would love to trade but owe too much.
Any ideas on vibration fixes? I hate to say it, but unless i can fix this and other problems, this is the last ford for me!
Coronabeer

Sylmar, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2009

boneal macon ga wrote:
<quoted text>
I have the same problem in a 2008 F150 STX 2 whl drive. It has been to the dealer 5 times, balanced original tires 3 times with no help, replaced tires with differnt brand and it helped some, replaced tires again but no difference. Ford engineer says nothing is wrong, that vibration is caused by beefed up chasis and re-enforced cab. My wife refuses to ride in this truck, would love to trade but owe too much.
Any ideas on vibration fixes? I hate to say it, but unless i can fix this and other problems, this is the last ford for me!
They have a new clutch pack for the rear-end. That should do it. They wanted to charge me 1K but I refused and they just had me pay 100.

Ohh and there is some lead grease that needs to go with it.

Have them also replace the driveshaft
Coronabeer

Sylmar, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2009

Kenny wrote:
They blame the tires, they blame the drivers.... Just call Ford direct and they will start listening.

Rear-End Clutch pack w/lead grease
Replace the drive shaft.

Worked on my truck.
radrevmark

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2009

I have a new 08 F-150, built 11-07, but purchased new in 1-09. I have a harmonic vibration from about 35mph on. It decreases dramatically when I chop the throttle, telling me it is driveline related, but not necessarily driveshaft. Any thoughts??
Marty Abeyta

Los Lunas, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2009

Wow, I have the same problem with my 2008 F150 XLT! Seems like the dealership reads from a checklist: Tires, Balance, Force Balance, Road Balance, then Re-balance. A new driveshaft, rear dampener, and new tires have not fixed the problem. In my opinion, if a component turns, Ford should ensure everything is working. Really don't know what to do next ???
Mikey Mike

Mandeville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2010

Hate my new 2009 Ford F-150 Lariat. It is a beautiful well equipped truck but vibrations in front end gets me nauseated when I drive it. Taken it back several times to no avail. Drove a new Sierra tonight. Not as nice of a truck but drives like a dream. Would love to trade Lariat in but too upside down. Thinking about Bilstein shocks and Michelein all terrain tires replacing awfully hard Perreli tires. Any suggestions which can help me out. Thanks
Tom

Waco, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2010

Purchased new F150 STX in November 2009. Have returned to dealer 4 times with severe vibration. Ford rep says it is normal. It now sits in garage as I am afraid to drive it. I have owned 10 fords Including 3 F150's, but this will be my last one. Please contact the Better Business Bureau if you have this problem, they are currently working on my case.
FrenchLS6

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2010

radrevmark wrote:
I have a new 08 F-150, built 11-07, but purchased new in 1-09. I have a harmonic vibration from about 35mph on. It decreases dramatically when I chop the throttle, telling me it is driveline related, but not necessarily driveshaft. Any thoughts??
I have a 06 150 4x4 ext x-cab long box. Rear shaft is a 2 piece & the rubber around the carrier bearing came apart. 33k miles and 3 weeks past the 3yr 36k warranty and the dealer will be happy to sell me a new driveshaft for $1000.00. the bearing cannot be replaced seperately. I have worked on trucks for 30 years and this is a joke.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of43
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Ford F-150 Forum right now

Search the Ford F-150 Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NHTSA closes Ford F-150 EcoBoost acceleration p... Apr 14 Dodger 1
Feds Urged to Act on Ford Spark Plug Blow-Outs (Jan '06) Apr 14 Allen from MD 1,334
97 F150 4.6l intermittent rough idle (Dec '07) Apr 10 David 13
2001 F-150 5.4 misfire on # 6 cylinder (Dec '07) Apr 6 Marcy 102
Mark Phelan: The brains behind future auto tech... Apr 6 bensley reality 1
2000 f-150 4x4 front axle question (Jan '08) Apr 4 Ross 23
Ram Truck Sales Pick up Speed, Could Catch GM i... Mar 24 Dodger 1
•••

Buy a New Car

Zipcode:
•••
•••
•••