Dash Lights on a 1998 F-150

Posted in the Ford F-150 Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Brian

Ottawa, OH

#1 Mar 29, 2007
The bulbs behind my temperature gages and fuel and amperage gage have gone out. More of an inconvienience than anything. Does anyone know how much work it involves to get to them?
Dale

Federal Way, WA

#2 Oct 4, 2007
I would kinda like to know the answer to that also, since I have the same issue.
you can also email the answer actually that would be best Thanks
[email protected]
Dave

Luck, WI

#3 Oct 5, 2007
I also have the lights out behind temp and fuel gauge and would like to know how much work it is.
Country Boy

Floyd, VA

#4 Oct 5, 2007
Dave wrote:
I also have the lights out behind temp and fuel gauge and would like to know how much work it is.
I've done it; not too bad. You MUST disconnect the battery to not risk discharging the airbag. Remove screws securing the plastic around the instrument panel. If automatic transmission the trickiest part is disconnecting and reconnecting the shift indicator cable, but not too bad. You should consider replacing ALL the bulbs instead of just the ones burned out. I didn't and now others are burned out a couple of months after I replaced only the burnt out ones. Good luck.
Doc Felton

Columbus, OH

#5 Oct 31, 2007
Where did you get the lights temselves? My dealer said to go to a hardware store.

I have to change them all..even behind the vent controls.
Nick

Elkhart, IN

#6 Dec 12, 2007
Dale wrote:
I would kinda like to know the answer to that also, since I have the same issue.
you can also email the answer actually that would be best Thanks
[email protected]
Same issue on my 97 F-150. Both sides of the speedometer are out as well as the steering wheel lights. BOOOOO
Joe

Colorado Springs, CO

#7 Jan 4, 2008
The light stays on in my truck and I have to disconnect the battery. I've checked the dimmer and the light switches on the inside but to no avail. Anybody else have this problem? I have a 1998 ford f150.
mike_f

Warner Robins, GA

#8 Feb 11, 2008
Joe wrote:
The light stays on in my truck and I have to disconnect the battery. I've checked the dimmer and the light switches on the inside but to no avail. Anybody else have this problem? I have a 1998 ford f150.
Change the heaslight switch
mike_f

Warner Robins, GA

#9 Feb 11, 2008
Change da headlight switch
Nick

Swansea, SC

#10 Apr 22, 2008
i also have a problem with my 98 F-150 the dash lights are not working or none of my interior lights or my windows..... so if any one can give me advice plz let me know thank you
snoopy

United States

#11 Apr 30, 2008
The light inside my 1998 Ford F150 stay on off and on--not all the time. I was told that it may have something to do with a part in the door--maybe a sensor or something. You may want to ask around at a local body shop--that's where I was told about it. He's ran into that problem with others before.
snoopy

United States

#12 Apr 30, 2008
The light inside my 1998 Ford F150 does the same thing, only not all the time. It takes spells. I was told by a local body shop that it's something to do with a sensor on the door. He's run into that problem with these trucks before. You may want to ask around at a local body shop.
tater

Oxon Hill, MD

#13 May 9, 2008
Mine did the same thing... squirt some liquid graphite in the door latch and the problem will go away.
melissa

Lebanon, PA

#14 Apr 10, 2009
Does anyone know what the heck a power slider is? I could not find it in the owners manual. Its in the dash just to the right of the steering column.
Joe

Brampton, Canada

#15 Nov 24, 2009
I also have my gauge lights out on both sides of my odometer and would like to know if this is a big job too do.Will the part of the dash come out easy enough
and what type of bulbs do I need to change them.thank you Joe
gtech

Colorado Springs, CO

#16 Jan 2, 2010
How do I T/S my dash light on my 95 f-150. The fuse good. Is there a relay I should check?
Andy

Lincoln, NE

#17 Feb 21, 2010
Joe wrote:
It may be the switch in the door itself that shuts the inside lights off. Just get some penetrating oil and put it on the inside of the switch and work it a few times the lights should go off. I had same problem with my 99 and the dust and dirt from roads causes this switch to stick.
Melissa

Batavia, OH

#18 Nov 14, 2010
have a 94 f150 my son was standing in the bed of the truck toward the front cab and he leaned on the top of the cab and the light switch itself had sparks come out of it, now i have no lights no speedometer no miles no gadges checked all the fuses on the inside and they are good any hints let me know
harrylee

Reading, PA

#19 Feb 19, 2012
I have an89F 150, No dash lights,no gadges last no speodometer??? Help
Joe

Toronto, Canada

#20 Jun 1, 2012
I have a problem with my radio lights staying on on 2008 F150 could anybody help me out here Joe

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ford F-150 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rough Idle on 2003 F-150 5.4L (May '06) Aug 12 na8dagr8 293
97 F150 4.6l intermittent rough idle (Dec '07) Aug 7 The man 19
News Steelmakers prep Ala. plant to battle aluminum Aug 5 dipnet 1
2004 F-150 rear brakes (Apr '07) Aug 1 smarter than THAT... 86
Ford f150 Throttle sticking open (Dec '06) Jul '15 Vaquero 8
f150 drivetrain vibration (Apr '08) Jul '15 DLL2015 57
News Feds Urged to Act on Ford Spark Plug Blow-Outs (Jan '06) Jul '15 jlbbaird 1,348
More from around the web